Bachelor Pad.

98164B17-0AEF-4157-A1E7-AE3B5880DD9B.jpeg

What city are you in?

BC81BAF2-F770-484B-9048-7C0349701795.jpeg
I PAID $2100 EACH FOR TWO 55" E8'S (2018 MODEL). THIS ONE:

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED55E8PUA-oled-4k-tv

AND $3000 FOR 1 65" E8 (2018 MODEL). THIS ONE:

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED65E8PUA-oled-4k-tv

MIND YOU, THERE ARE NO PICTURE QUALITY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE W8, E8, C8 AND B8 AS THEY ALL USE THE SAME PANEL. THE DIFFERENCES ARE MOSTLY AESTHETIC BETWEEN THE MODELS. THE E8 AND ABOVE ARE THE PICTURE ON GLASS DISPLAYS AND THE W8 IS THE FAMED WALLPAPER TV YOU SEE THE TECH YOUTUBERS GOING NUTS FOR IN THEIR REVIEWS. IF THAT DOESN'T MATTER TO YOU THEN I WOULD GET THE C8 OR B8 AS THEIR RETAIL PRICES ARE LOWER AND YOU CAN GET CLEVELANDPLASMA TO GIVE YOU AN EVEN BETTER DEAL.

THESE PRICES ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT ANYONE ELSE IS OFFERING ESPECIALLY BEST BUY AND JUST RELEASED NOT TOO LONG AGO. DEPENDING ON YOUR MOUTHPIECE YOU CAN PROB NEGOTIATE EVEN BETTER DEALS ON THE 2016 OR 2017 MODELS (40-50% OFF LOWEST ADVERTISED PRICE) AS MANY AVSFORUM MEMBERS HAVE DONE.

Target and Walmart sell trash TVs.

A lot of people buy based on price. Black Friday deals are trash TVs.

you get what you pay for.

Target and Walmart are for bargain hunters so it's it's going to attract bargain hunters looking for a deal/steal. Ain't nothing wrong with that. You buy what you get.

CURRENT DEVICES I'M SETTING UP TO USE IN HOME AUTOMATION. THE INSTALLERS JUST LEFT AFTER INSTALLING HUNTER DOUGLAS MOTORIZED SHADES ON ALL THE WINDOWS SO I'M FIDDLING AROUND TRYNA ADD THEM TO HOMEPOD AND SIRI. THE LAST PIECES OF THE PUZZLE IS WAITING ON AEOTEC TO RELEASE THEIR WALLSWIPE SWITCHES AND GRABBING A LIFTMASTER GARAGE OPENER WITH MYQ. THAT SHOULD BE EVERYTHING I AUTOMATE. ANYBODY ELSE DOING HOME AUTOMATION?

automation.jpg

I have the 65 inch E6P OLED (2016 model, the last to have 3D). Unfortunately it's dutting in my grandpa's basement not even being used because I moved back home last month and I don't have room for it. I was gonna stay with him until I realized his old *** keeps the heat on in the summer time and I'm not gonna be sweating in the crib. It's looking like I'm about to be moving to Colorado and I don't want to risk moving it cross country so I'll probably just sell it to my friend for $2,400 and let him make $200/mo payments for a year (retail was $4,000).

I'll probably just buy a 55 C8 for $2k or less, gonna suck losing that extra 10 inches and 3D. :frown:

I have the 65 inch E6P OLED (2016 model, the last to have 3D). Unfortunately it's dutting in my grandpa's basement not even being used because I moved back home last month and I don't have room for it. I was gonna stay with him until I realized his old *** keeps the heat on in the summer time and I'm not gonna be sweating in the crib. It's looking like I'm about to be moving to Colorado and I don't want to risk moving it cross country so I'll probably just sell it to my friend for $2,400 and let him make $200/mo payments for a year (retail was $4,000).

I'll probably just buy a 55 C8 for $2k or less, gonna suck losing that extra 10 inches and 3D. :frown:

YOU CAN SELL THAT E6 FOR GOOD MONEY ON AVSFORUMS. THOSE 2016 MODELS WITH 3D ARE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER..

I'm gonna dabble in the smart home /home automation in my apartment but I'm very limited to how the apartment had been constructed.

Are you using any smart light bulbs? I brought a slight cheap one for experimental purposes but it seems like it doesn't work well just gonna get the Phillips hue light bulbs.

Rather do that when I get a condo.

YOU CAN SELL THAT E6 FOR GOOD MONEY ON AVSFORUMS. THOSE 2016 MODELS WITH 3D ARE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER..
What brand? I had to give my roommate my 3D Samsung joint coast me 2k it was the hi end model to. Just can't remember the model of series.

Good thing my roommate is actually my best friend and he's enjoying in his new house. I miss that tv :frown:

I'm gonna dabble in the smart home /home automation in my apartment but I'm very limited to how the apartment had been constructed.

Are you using any smart light bulbs? I brought a slight cheap one for experimental purposes but it seems like it doesn't work well just gonna get the Phillips hue light bulbs.

Rather do that when I get a condo.

I'M GOING THE ROUTE OF AUTOMATING THE LIGHT SWITCHES RATHER THAN THE LIGHT BULBS THEMSELVES. I DON'T SEE MYSELF NEEDING INDIVIDUAL BULB CONTROL. IT'S EASIER TO CONTROL THE SWITCH FOR A GROUP OF LIGHTS. WAITING ON THESE TO GET RELEASED:

https://aeotec.com/z-wave-wall-switch

IF YOU ARE AUTOMATING THE BULBS THEN DON'T CHEAP OUT AND JUST GET THE PHILLIPS HUE BULBS. THE PHILLIPS ARE GOOD QUALITY AND JUST WORK. NOTHING WORSE THAN THE CHEAP S*** NOT WORKING WHEN YOU WANT IT TO.

What brand? I had to give my roommate my 3D Samsung joint coast me 2k it was the hi end model to. Just can't remember the model of series.

Good thing my roommate is actually my best friend and he's enjoying in his new house. I miss that tv :frown:

THE 2016 LG 3D OLED TV'S ARE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER. THE C6 AND E6. THOSE OLD GUYS ON AVSFORUMS JUST DON'T WANT TO LET 3D TECH GO.

THE 2016 LG 3D OLED TV'S ARE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER. THE C6 AND E6. THOSE OLD GUYS ON AVSFORUMS JUST DON'T WANT TO LET 3D TECH GO.
Honestly the Samsung 3D was alright but I hardly use it since thier was little content being made for 3D films or vids. I did watch the World Cup in 3D but it got stupid quick.

I'M GOING THE ROUTE OF AUTOMATING THE LIGHT SWITCHES RATHER THAN THE LIGHT BULBS THEMSELVES. I DON'T SEE MYSELF NEEDING INDIVIDUAL BULB CONTROL. IT'S EASIER TO CONTROL THE SWITCH FOR A GROUP OF LIGHTS. WAITING ON THESE TO GET RELEASED:

https://aeotec.com/z-wave-wall-switch

IF YOU ARE AUTOMATING THE BULBS THEN DON'T CHEAP OUT AND JUST GET THE PHILLIPS HUE BULBS. THE PHILLIPS ARE GOOD QUALITY AND JUST WORK. NOTHING WORSE THAN THE CHEAP S*** NOT WORKING WHEN YOU WANT IT TO.
Yea I realize I made grave mistake by buying a brand I never heard of. Merkury smart bulbs only got 1. Gonna return it and just get a Phillips hue.

I'm very familiar with aeotec great switches. Just can't do that in my lease apartment unfortunately

3D is dope, especially on the OLEDs, the fact that it's passive is the icing on the cake. I really just don't want to be bothered trying to ship it or move it at all. I had anxiety moving it 4 hours from central IL to Southern IL. How kuch do they normally go for though? Mine is still under manufacturer warranty too.

Attachments

• 20170611_190038.jpg
    20170611_190038.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom