Bachelor Pad.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

There's no box spring. I was concerned about this when looking at beds, but this bed has 26 individual wooden slats (13 on each side) across the bottom so it's very sturdy. Some of the beds I looked at in this style would only have 3 cross supports. Reviews said you either needed to lay down plywood or add your own additional supports, things I did not want to do.

with no box springs dont you lose alot of comfort?

I didn't notice any difference.  The slats on the bed are arched slightly upwards so they have a bit of give in them.  I also have a pretty expensive mattress that I bought last year.

When looking for a couch would only wanting to pay about 400 get me a good one? I'm not looking for leather, and in a green or grey color.

^^^ Your best bet would be a second hand store or Craigslist. You can find a lot of good furniture steals if you don't mind them being used.

pimp.gif

Seriously , Almost done with my AA , bout to get my intership on and hopefully something good lands my way . Cant wait to leave my %$%%@@ life right now .

i just went through every page of this thread and i am absolutely jealous. i cant wait until i can hook myself up. so many good ideas and tips here.
until then, heres some pics of my bachelor ROOM

and you want art?

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

31TyaZhI%2BnL._SS500_.jpg

chadko%20slide.jpg

chadko_shelf_liners.gif

I've been thinking of getting these wire shelves in my room since I don't have that much space and also getting the liners and enclosures. But the shelves are about $100, liners are $85, and enclosures are $68 so in total I'm looking at approximately $300. Is that over price?

Tide I live in SF and you are making me very jealous right now. What do you work in? I graduate this Spring and...I need to start thinking about this scary stuff.

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

nice coffee table 4wresting, ever go to boconcept in philly?
Once.  I realized I would need to take a 2nd mortgage just to buy anything there, so I didn't stick around too long.

Originally Posted by PremeOne

I've been thinking of getting these wire shelves in my room since I don't have that much space and also getting the liners and enclosures. But the shelves are about $100, liners are $85, and enclosures are $68 so in total I'm looking at approximately $300. Is that over price?

You can find them for a fraction of the price at Target.

They have something like this at Costco, for like $65-75.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

You can find them for a fraction of the price at Target.

From my experience, the shelves you're going to find at Target are going to be pretty light quality.  I wouldn't trust anything heavy and/or valuable on them.  $300 seems high.  I would go to Lowes or Home Depot and talk to a sales person.

My new duplex. Its a bit rough but i like it. Landlord is renovating things slowly. Its mad junky now and i still got about 10 boxes in storage but most of that is shoes and hats. Im waiting on my new TV for my bedroom, a floor lamp, and another ipod dock in the mail. Im using computer speakers as a dock right now
laugh.gif

Its 1600/month. Im only here about 7 months by myself and then my moms will take the upstairs bedroom (not pictured) while her new house is finished being built.
Some of the pics are older than others. About a 3 week difference.

Sectional. This badboy is so comfortable. Suede and leather.

What i slept on the first 2 weeks before my old bed got here.

Dining area. Thats the upstairs bedroom entrance. I put my old bed in there. Its the guest room until my moms comes.

Stairs to below

Dining area

Kitchen

Kitchen

Bathroom. Connects to the upstairs bedroom too.

Hallway from dining room to kitchen. The upstairs bedroom is on the other side of that wall.

Fat computer. Desk needs to be replaced badly.

Pretty big closet. I tried to show that it keeps going under the stairs. After that second step it straightens out and the closet goes on for about another 2 feet. Then the stairs start again and it goes about another 3 feet until the stairs reach the ground. Im scared to go that far back there though
laugh.gif

Downstairs bathroom aka My Dook Room. Small shower in the corner. Love this room. Easily my favorite in the whole apt. Theres a ipod dock in the corner by the door. Seriously considering putting a cheap lil 19" tv in there.

IKEA bed. It was cheap. Mattress is a memory foam one that i took from my mom.

Just crap. Im gonna put up two more of these shelves for the rest of my shoes and hats.

My makeshift coffee table. Its really suppose to go over my bed.

Back
Top Bottom