Bachelor Pad.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Anyone ever painted a wall with chalkboard paint before? My brother wants to paint one of the walls in our living room, but I don't know if it'll look good.

My friend did that to part of her wall too. Looks pretty cool

Instead of doing a whole wall, you guys could paint up some nice architraves/skirting board and form a big picture frame on the wall and paint the portion of wall inside the frame with the chalk paint. Have it as a feature.

Just an idea. I can see it in my minds eye but it really depends on the style of your place and what would work.

At first I was against the whole idea and then I found some pics that made me change my mind.
blackboard447.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

072408chalkboard.jpg

The wall we're going to paint is about that size. ^^^ Right in the corner of our living area.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

4Wrestling, is your floor cork? That looks good whatever it is. I'm looking to buy right now but dude is just throwing carpet and tile in all of them, frieze carpet in some instances which looks better but I'd prefer wood or cork I have heard lots of good things about though I've never seen it in person. Then I want my master to have something different from the rest of the house, like a complete different color wood and paint the walls, gonna create an emboiance. I should get to a Lowe's or something and give them all a look, or I should decide on a house first, I don't even know which order.

Also, is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do the invisible wires look? Are you just hiding a whole surge protector behind the wall and then having it pop out the wall down closer to the outlet then plug back in, or is there even a way to keep that invisible?
The floors are concrete.  Personally, I don't love them, but they make for very easy cleanup which is nice, and of course, extremely durable.  The floor in my bedroom is hardwood.
As for the wires.... here's what you don't see 
laugh.gif
  I use lot of velcro cable ties to keep everything organized.

img1600ie.jpg

I posted the mess I went through with the other coffee table I was trying to order.  Well, I found an almost identical style.  Only thing is, it's twice the price (so I'm hoping much better quality).  I just ordered.

My couch and chairs are due to arrive in late August, so I will share pictures of my new formal living room once everything arrives.

292qp1l.jpg

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I often wonder why people overlook fish aquariums... They're better than TV to me...

maintenance

It's a hobby.

word, it's not that hard, and if you maintain it you will have a nice addition to your house...

You have a tank setup ATL?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

My friend did that to part of her wall too. Looks pretty cool

Instead of doing a whole wall, you guys could paint up some nice architraves/skirting board and form a big picture frame on the wall and paint the portion of wall inside the frame with the chalk paint. Have it as a feature.

Just an idea. I can see it in my minds eye but it really depends on the style of your place and what would work.

At first I was against the whole idea and then I found some pics that made me change my mind.
blackboard447.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

072408chalkboard.jpg

The wall we're going to paint is about that size. ^^^ Right in the corner of our living area.
Nice! Are you guys thinking colour or sticking with black? That's a good size though, imo the first pic would be the biggest area I'd use it on.

Another (more expensive option) is fixing a big pane of glass to the wall, same deal, you can write on it with whiteboard pens etc. Saw it in a kitchen of a house here, it looked 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Nice! Are you guys thinking colour or sticking with black? That's a good size though, imo the first pic would be the biggest area I'd use it on.

Another (more expensive option) is fixing a big pane of glass to the wall, same deal, you can write on it with whiteboard pens etc. Saw it in a kitchen of a house here, it looked 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Just sticking with black.
The glass idea would be dope, but would be way too much effort/money I think.

I need to get some pics up of this place as well.

I just bought a house and I'm in the process of painting it all now...then I'll slowly be adding things and improving it.

That fixed glass on the wall idea is too dope and I think I might do it, thanks for the inspiration.

Updates on my place.  Pretty much done making big furniture purchases.  All that's left is small little things for decoration and style.  Suggestions?

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Updates on my place.  Pretty much done making big furniture purchases.  All that's left is small little things for decoration and style.  Suggestions?

Dope.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7

Dope.
pimp.gif

what do you do for a living?  for a young guy thats a serious pad.

Your pad is crazy!

chew loving your place man. H U G E improvement from when you first posted pics. its a place i could see myself living at

Great posts everyone. I made a blog that covers the remodeling of my kitchen and some other small jobs.

sewardpark.wordpress.com

ChewToy112

Get a big piece of art to fill up the wall above your sofa. Rasterbating is a cheap option

Big colorful accessories to liven up your place, playing it too safe with all those dark colors

A big mirror too make your place look bigger

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 #NT

Thanks for all the replies and feedback!
Originally Posted by RaWeX05

ChewToy112, where and how much. Nice.
Suburb of Vancouver.  Rent for $1100/mo.
Originally Posted by imthekang

chewtoy, spread out your furniture. it will look bigger.,....

Noted, thanks.  I moved everything but the two chairs away from the window, made quite difference.  Didn't notice how unbalanced the rug was in relation to the table/chairs.

Originally Posted by Weekz

Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7

Dope.
pimp.gif
what do you do for a living?  for a young guy thats a serious pad.
I work for municipal government, and I'm also a personal trainer on the side.

Originally Posted by 23kickz

chew loving your place man. H U G E improvement from when you first posted pics. its a place i could see myself living at
Thanks, dude.  Yeah, I knew it had lots of potential before, but just took me a while to get everything.  haha.

Originally Posted by quik1987

ChewToy112

Get a big piece of art to fill up the wall above your sofa. Rasterbating is a cheap option

Big colorful accessories to liven up your place, playing it too safe with all those dark colors

A big mirror too make your place look bigger
Yeah, I was thinking of getting an art piece/rasterbating.  Not too sure what I would do, though.  And next step is definitely colourful accessories.  I'm trying to go with the green theme. 

And I've been eyeing a big mirror from Ikea that would go perfectly, just need to save a bit and pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

I just bought a house and I'm in the process of painting it all now...then I'll slowly be adding things and improving it.

That fixed glass on the wall idea is too dope and I think I might do it, thanks for the inspiration.

No problem dude, if you do make sure you post pics! I'd be interested to see how it looks.

Just something for everyone to take into consideration if they're redoing their kitchens; look to go for a glass cook top instead of a cast iron cook top like on a free standing oven. Cast iron is such a *@!!$ to clean and you can get some smooth looking glass cook tops now, and cleaning is so easy.

Sometimes I think we overlook use and focus solely on look. You can get some sleek looks with an oven built in to the cabinetry and the glass cook top can always double as usable space.

This is from a brand new town house that if I could, I'd cop with the quickness, just so you can get an idea of what I'm meaning...

Edit:

Another thing, I cannot express enough how much better using drawers in a kitchen for all your plates, glasses, cookware etc is. Not only is it easier to get to, but they're safe where they are.

If all these huge earthquakes I've experienced in the last year has taught me anything, you seriously need to have breakables in a secure place. We have nearly everything in deep drawers and the only things we lost have either been on show on top of something or on a shelf and smashed into something else.

Kitchen planning is no joke
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

This is from a brand new town house that if I could, I'd cop with the quickness, just so you can get an idea of what I'm meaning...
eek.gif

That kitchen looks dope.

Where are you located? Those switches say South Hemisphere.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom