Bachelor Pad.

yes the kitchen is open in the opposite corner.

What about the couch says bachelor? LOL. Its a new couch, I dont want those lil square looking couches because they look cool but are not comfortable. I sit on a couch, I want it to be comfortable

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Smoke 2x

Originally Posted by quik1987

1310688364-sds-0348-pacific-sixteen-living-area-1-1000x666.jpg
damn where this at? that view right there
pimp.gif
every mornin and the $@$!!@* oooh the *!*@@+% haha man id be mackin with that spot

could be wrong, but south bay SF?

i dont want anything else in life.....

ohwell.gif
this is why i work...

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

agreed

The tackiness could easily be amended by discarding the garish art pieces and replacing all of the different wallpapers with something plain. There is too much going on. It's a bomb apartment though, would be a dream to live in with the right décor.

Overkill on the halogen downlights in the living room though
sick.gif

Originally Posted by manamazing55

manamazing55 wrote:

been in my new place less than 6 months....just moved everything around in the den....I did have the TV in the corner and the couch across from it, decided to move the tv flush to the straight wall. I know I need something on the walls and probably something else beside the tv or something. Ill take opinions!

still looking for some decorating ideas if anyone has any?  

move the tv to the wall with the window

move the sofa where the chair is make it face the window

put the chair on the wall where the sofa is now

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Looks good Finns. Any info on those bed lamps?
Thanks dude, the lamps are Ikea. I'm working on saving up for some boconcept stuff, mostly for the empty living room, so Ikea is the spot for a lot of little things.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by imthekang

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Smoke 2x

damn where this at? that view right there
pimp.gif
every mornin and the $@$!!@* oooh the *!*@@+% haha man id be mackin with that spot

could be wrong, but south bay SF?

i dont want anything else in life.....

ohwell.gif
this is why i work...

quick question

how much would a place like this cost??

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

th3kid wrote:
Where can I find a floral loveseat? Very SRS.

Local deceased grandmas houses.

laugh.gif
   I also need to know what color/style of wood (Pause
alien.gif
) goes with a light greyish/blue color paint? I was thinking something light?

Anyone ever painted a wall with chalkboard paint before? My brother wants to paint one of the walls in our living room, but I don't know if it'll look good.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Anyone ever painted a wall with chalkboard paint before? My brother wants to paint one of the walls in our living room, but I don't know if it'll look good.

a friend of mine had a wall painted chalkboard in his music studio room in his crib. it was pretty dope everyone who stopped by would sign it, that was a studio and not a living room though

Originally Posted by imajaywalker

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

a friend of mine had a wall painted chalkboard in his music studio room in his crib. it was pretty dope everyone who stopped by would sign it, that was a studio and not a living room though
i have chalkboard paint in my bedroom, but only on a section of one wall. It's more for utility and not looks...the flat paint would not be a good look for an entire wall i think. If it's gonna serve a purpose, go for it. Just know that it's not exactly like having a chalkboard. There's also whiteboard paint out there. thought about picking some of that up when i move out. Dry Erase>chalk

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

4wrestling-  That is a
smokin.gif
spot.  How much did it run you?
They were asking $274,900, and I got them down to $250,400.  I put 20% down and have a 30 year fixed at 5.0%.

Putting 20% down will definitely pay off in the long run (avoiding the mortgage insurance), but for the short term, my pockets are pretty tight.

I plan on making a major post in this thread or possibly creating a house transformation thread of my own. I have been going through each and every page to get inspiration for my new house. I just bought an older two level home that was absolutely disgusting inside. It wasn't health hazard dirty, but the decor was absolutely hideous. Wallpaper on every wall, 20 year old carpet and draperies, wood molding everywhere and weird upgrades.

I paid 200k and got a 30 year fixed @ 4.5% with half a point in lender credit. The money saved at closing (small down payment) enabled me to completely re-do everything on the inside. I know the smart investment move would be to throw as much down and pay off the house as quickly as possible and upgrade over time, but I want to live comfortably in a house that I enjoy.

As it stands now I have purchased the following:

- New 4 piece stainless steel appliance set
- Laminate flooring (Toasted Chicory from LL) for the dining and living rooms (concrete slab living ftl)
- Granite countertop getting installed Friday
- New undermount sink installed Friday
- New breaker panel and all new electric

Currently, every floor is stripped down to the subflooring. Every wall has been stripped of its wallpaper and I'm in the process of patching and priming. I have to buy a new back slider as well as a new front door. The kitchen cabinets are getting painted white with all new hardware. I've built a pantry in a storage closet. O yeah, I'm putting in a new bathroom in the master.

The projects are endless and I probably won't get to buying all the furniture/accessories for some time now, but seeing what is in this thread is definitely motivating me to push forward.

Back
Top Bottom