Bachelor Pad.

Stop rushing to move out just to have your own place. Otherwise you're just flushing money down the toilet.

I'd have to agree. I'm in no rush to take over a house payment while I have stacks of student loans needing to be paid. However, I do understand everyone's situation is different.

Man jDeez is ballin!
Info on Jordan pic in restroom?

really old poster I had back in the late 90s.. i dont remember the exact words but it went something like

Ive missed 500 free throws in my career, 25 times ive been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed
"I've FAILED over and over again in my career, and that's why I succeed"

wait...how many sqft is it?

Was that your BED in the living room?

You're paying 1500 for a STUDIO? 

Damn dude. 

he's paying for location, not so much his living space, cant knock him some people like living in the midst of nowhere and having huge house and yard, some people like living in a ninjahood sized apt but in the middle of the fun/glamour...both have their advantages and is not up to YOU to decide what works for who....

IMO he's doing it right for someone who is single.....hopefully he took the right steps and is not stuck with this place if and when he meets the right girl and decides to start a family, which leads me into my next piece of advice for the poster that asked about buying a 2br as opposed to 1br.....NEVER ever buy small if you can afford big....yes you might not need that 2nd BR but take it from me, is much easier to sell off a 2 BR than it is a 1 BR apt, i wish i could go back in time and someone would have given me that piece of advice....only time it really pays off to buy a studio or 1 BR is when is in a prime location....like jdeez did.

**** is sexy, but the studio thing, I don't know if I could do it although sometimes I think about it (usually when I'm cleaning this big *** house up) and not having so much stuff, just totally leaning out my whole lifestyle; 3 pair of pants, 3 pair of draws, 3 towels, 1tv, etc. It doesn't make sense for me, 1 dude, to have like 40 of each of those things. . I'm in a 1700sf 3 bed/2 bath/3 car garage, but I only have 1 car and don't use more than the living room, kitchen, and my bedroom and never have company other than family. I thought pride in ownership stuff like yardwork would be cool but nope, got tired of it after almost all my landscaping trees died and just ripped all that **** up and gonna let grass grow back in. First apartment wasn't a studio, was a 550s/f 1br and couldn't even fit my bedroom set and dresser drawers though. If I move out of here to a big city, might have little choice.

I bet that's a great place for meeting people though.

I like Brandon3000's place the most in this thread.

^ If I lived on my own I'd have nothing. I love that minimalist style.

Just painted my whole house white top to bottom and got some new furniture which is a start - impossible with kids though. We've definitely got a lot less stuff but that's less a lifestyle choice than a financial choice.

he's paying for location, not so much his living space, cant knock him some people like living in the midst of nowhere and having huge house and yard, some people like living in a ninjahood sized apt but in the middle of the fun/glamour...both have their advantages and is not up to YOU to decide what works for who....
IMO he's doing it right for someone who is single.....hopefully he took the right steps and is not stuck with this place if and when he meets the right girl and decides to start a family, which leads me into my next piece of advice for the poster that asked about buying a 2br as opposed to 1br.....NEVER ever buy small if you can afford big....yes you might not need that 2nd BR but take it from me, is much easier to sell off a 2 BR than it is a 1 BR apt, i wish i could go back in time and someone would have given me that piece of advice....only time it really pays off to buy a studio or 1 BR is when is in a prime location....like jdeez did.

speaks truth... the space and loft style was a big turnoff for me but it had big advantages over other places i was looking at.. I wanted a 2-3bed room condo, but with the price range they were old and needed some work

being 24 yrs old, this place seemed right..just had that feeling wen i first checked it out..def not having kids in 5 years or so, and by that time the value of this place will prolly be much more..im def not rich and cant throw around money like nothing, but with my mortgage and bills..i def still can eat good :wink:

speaks truth... the space and loft style was a big turnoff for me but it had big advantages over other places i was looking at.. I wanted a 2-3bed room condo, but with the price range they were old and needed some work
being 24 yrs old, this place seemed right..just had that feeling wen i first checked it out..def not having kids in 5 years or so, and by that time the value of this place will prolly be much more..im def not rich and cant throw around money like nothing, but with my mortgage and bills..i def still can eat good :wink:

I know everyone has opinions but we live in L.A. L.A. is soooo spread out its ******ed. DTLA is pretty much the middle. 20-30 minutes east, south, north, west to any hot spot. I personally dont like a studio BUT I think you're smart for BUYING. DTLA is rehabbing and when the FOOTBALL Stadium gets built....CHA CHING for you. You'll be eating even better when you sell.

Also..buy a 3+ bedroom house if you have a live-in or plan to have kids. I have a 2 br house and when I was single/living separate from gf, I had space. a bedroom to sleep, living room to kick it, 2nd room for gaming and computer and guests....NOW? that second room is HER closet. I don't even go in there anymore. I'm waiting a deal in Leimert park to pop up so I can get a 3 or 4 bedroom.

He lives in Downtown Los Angeles my man, cost of living is a mf'er.

Tis true, I would watch HGTV and see 4bd 2000+ sq fr houses in the middle of nowhere for wayyy cheaper than what i got my loft for :smh:

oh wells, cant beat the DTLA location :pimp:

I'm moving there next summer.

I'm going to be in the area at least 4 years, maybe 5.

I wonder if I should buy. Your spot looks sick bro.

You know how much 2 BR's are going for in your building?

@ksteezy: if you can afford bigger, go bigger?

I dunno famb ... I see what you're saying if ut regards a home, but an apt?

Why pay extra if you won't use it?

I got a one bedroom apt with about 700 sq feet...

90 pairs of kicks, a set of 22" rims, and living room furniture and still feel like its enough.

Fambs come thru, them ****** sleeping on the couch ...

I'm solo dolo in Texas though... I can afford a bigger spot, but I like this better ...

@ksteezy: if you can afford bigger, go bigger?
I dunno famb ... I see what you're saying if ut regards a home, but an apt?
Why pay extra if you won't use it?
I got a one bedroom apt with about 700 sq feet...
90 pairs of kicks, a set of 22" rims, and living room furniture and still feel like its enough.
Fambs come thru, them ****** sleeping on the couch ...
I'm solo dolo in Texas though... I can afford a bigger spot, but I like this better ...

For the simple reason that is 30x easier to sell, I didn't plan on staying in my apt longer than 6 years, I've lived in it 4 now....talking kids and fam and 1 BRs in my area I have a better shot at renting mines out than selling...so I'm stuck, 2 BRs are selling though....I made the mistake of not looking ahead, therefore I pass on a piece of advice based on my mistake....in a prime location it really doesn't make a difference if it's a studio, 1br or a damb townhouse, the location itself will sell to anyonez

$1500 is dumb CHEAP for that type of apartment, I pay $1625 just for a 1 bedroom in the middle of Harlem (granted its only 3 tenants and 1000 square feet each apartment).

That's a steal considering the location, great job.

I'm moving there next summer.
I'm going to be in the area at least 4 years, maybe 5.
I wonder if I should buy. Your spot looks sick bro.
You know how much 2 BR's are going for in your building?

I believe they go for at least 325K

For the simple reason that is 30x easier to sell, I didn't plan on staying in my apt longer than 6 years, I've lived in it 4 now....talking kids and fam and 1 BRs in my area I have a better shot at renting mines out than selling...so I'm stuck, 2 BRs are selling though....I made the mistake of not looking ahead, therefore I pass on a piece of advice based on my mistake....in a prime location it really doesn't make a difference if it's a studio, 1br or a damb townhouse, the location itself will sell to anyonez
true story...

Also, i'm straight renting. You copped yours, so I guess that is a completely different dynamic.

jdeez42, that studio is :pimp:

and for $1500 a month? fuuu.. not bad at all. all other spots are around that price just to rent. if you dont mind me asking, could you link me to your building? def looking into getting a spot in DTLA.

I'm curious to know where you folks are getting furnishings. I'm looking at some bar stools and unique table. My living room is mostly carpet though, but down the road, I'll definitely change it.

I would like to know if anyone knows of any particular websites/design spots for furniture, DIY, ideas, etc.

I am almost near closing of a deal for a 1 bed/1 bath condo unit. It's a tad small, but the location is pretty good.

I feel super excited, and can't wait to furnish it. Would love ideas on dining table, sofa, bed, etc. I'm not going to rush it, but would like some ideas.

I'm not too conventional with my setup, but would definitely want to get a table/bar stool setup in.

Back
Top Bottom