Bachelor Pad.

^^ I don't think it's that big of a deal actually. I would prefer eye level or slight elevation upwards.
Anybody customize from west elm. Need more ideas on companies that would ship.
THanks!

room and board does a lot of customization as well. a bit pricier than west elm though

^cosign. i've been living at those places for the past few weeks. might even make an ikea run today.
still getting settled into my new place.
living room set up
2mn57jd.jpg

oqj6kj.jpg

Dawg!...we got the same couch!...lmao well different fabric....I have my tv mounted on the wall but with an ikea wall unit built around it....I'll get better pics.

6788269380_aea8e1ffcd_b.jpg

Ksteezy & TypeRPinoy -

Can you explain what's the purpose of that (what looks like a) backrest on (what looks like) the chaise part of that couch? I don't understand the functionality.

Ksteezy & TypeRPinoy -

Can you explain what's the purpose of that (what looks like a) backrest on (what looks like) the chaise part of that couch? I don't understand the functionality.

Looks like an armrest.

Removable perhaps?

Last edited:
Ksteezy & TypeRPinoy -

The Tillary from West Elm is "customizable" we both bought two pieces and I got an extra corner piece since each couch comes with 2 back rests I believe, they are all removable and can be arragange as you wish, can be set into a sectional, two seperate couches, he'll you can even remove all the backrests and put the two pieces together to make a full size bed...is a really cool couch for its flexibility.

TypeR you need to go to home depot and buy those glue on cable covers....your set up is clean but those loose cables make it look sloppy bro.

Ive moved things around and cleaned things up regarding the cables. That pic was literally 2 mins after we finished mounting the tv.

Yes those back rests are removable and can be placed anywhere.

TypeR...was there no other space you could've placed the TV?

You have the vent, awkward fireplace placement in a corner... there wasn't a clean wall?

Not really. All the jacks are on that wall and there's not enough space next to the fireplace for a stand.

damn. my message got erased.

i have carpet and was wondering if sectional sofa will move?
i plan on eventually getting some hard wood though, but not until a few years later.

im pretty heavy and dont want to have my sofa move just by some tossing and turning. kinda digging the tillary and baxter.

any help?

thanks

Ksteezy & TypeRPinoy -

The Tillary from West Elm is "customizable" we both bought two pieces and I got an extra corner piece since each couch comes with 2 back rests I believe, they are all removable and can be arragange as you wish, can be set into a sectional, two seperate couches, he'll you can even remove all the backrests and put the two pieces together to make a full size bed...is a really cool couch for its flexibility.

Ive moved things around and cleaned things up regarding the cables. That pic was literally 2 mins after we finished mounting the tv.

Yes those back rests are removable and can be placed anywhere.
What I'm asking though is that you both have them there, how does it work in terms of functionality? It looks like two backrests facing each other. I don't see how you sit there unless you prop your feet on the backrest? No biggie, just seems odd.

And unless you're like 7 feet tall if your sitting with your back on the other cushion your feet aren't reaching the other rest anyway.

Don't forget who had the sofa first 
wink.gif

I just got this quilt from Fab to break up the solid grey.  I really like the color and design.
img3403bv.jpg

I don't mind the pillows (not what I'd go with though) because they're accents and add a little color. That throw is too much, overpowering, busy and look like a slipcover for that section of the couch.

I hate to harp on it again but where he has that backrest, nearest to the camera, makes more sense than the other two...I guess that's the unofficial NT couch.

West Elm won't ship to me. =( I'll have to call them and see how it goes. I'm feeling the 'baxter', and I'm trying to use it as a base at other furniture spots. Any one know of anything else? I've looked through LOTS of websites, visited a few shops, but still am leaning towards this design. I don't know the quality and feel of the material though, but if the basketweave/flax colorway pokes my skin, then I might rethink this.

Sorry for repeating, but I have carpet, and I was wondering how the sectionals would be on carpet vs. hard flooring? Down the road, I'll probably go w/ hard flooring, but for now, I'll stick to the carpet. Will sectional sofas move easily on either type of flooring?

Sectional table and couch is what stands out Ina good way. Those bright pillows and ugly bright rug must go...they stand out Ina bad way

Back
Top Bottom