Bad Quality of XI & XII CDP

Originally Posted by CementSoldier

why would u buy a shoe basically for the look to play ball? u might as well get hyperfuses

Dude..
I guess playing with old J's makes me feel like a kid again
wink.gif
  'be like mike'
tongue.gif

I'm sure by 2011 standards it is not a good shoe anymore, but oh well.
Ok, so what I see though is that most criticize the CDP's durability and stuff like the 23 coming off. Which I don't mind.
But is the sole good stuff? Is the carbon fiber and grip on par with better shoes? Will I feel much difference to my old SJs OGs?
Thanks for all the input guys.

Originally Posted by CementSoldier

why would u buy a shoe basically for the look to play ball? u might as well get hyperfuses

Dude..
I guess playing with old J's makes me feel like a kid again
wink.gif
  'be like mike'
tongue.gif

I'm sure by 2011 standards it is not a good shoe anymore, but oh well.
Ok, so what I see though is that most criticize the CDP's durability and stuff like the 23 coming off. Which I don't mind.
But is the sole good stuff? Is the carbon fiber and grip on par with better shoes? Will I feel much difference to my old SJs OGs?
Thanks for all the input guys.

Originally Posted by DRO3000

$450 is a great price dude...........you will NEVER get DS 2001 or OG XI B'red's for under $350 so Im not sure what some of these dudes is sayin. I just passed on a 2001 AJ XI B'red that sold for $370 shipped.........unless you can cop an OG XII for $80 I think you did very well bro!!!

Exactly. I just paid 350.00 for a DS pair of 2001 Breds in 12.5.

Ive had 3 CDP XI and 1 CDP XII...
The XII were good enough quality, never really wore them hard like some do though. They held up great and crease free for me (not the sides but the toe box).
The XI are terrible. I would never play in them. For one when the 23 falls off the back after one game, theyre going to look stupid. The padding in the shoe is really thin. The insole of the shoe has nothing to it. Ive had 3 pairs of  2001 breds and the CDP cant hold a candle or even tell you where to find one in a candle store. I would play in a pair of 2001s as long as they were stored properly. Guarentee they will hold up better.

Originally Posted by DRO3000

$450 is a great price dude...........you will NEVER get DS 2001 or OG XI B'red's for under $350 so Im not sure what some of these dudes is sayin. I just passed on a 2001 AJ XI B'red that sold for $370 shipped.........unless you can cop an OG XII for $80 I think you did very well bro!!!

Exactly. I just paid 350.00 for a DS pair of 2001 Breds in 12.5.

Ive had 3 CDP XI and 1 CDP XII...
The XII were good enough quality, never really wore them hard like some do though. They held up great and crease free for me (not the sides but the toe box).
The XI are terrible. I would never play in them. For one when the 23 falls off the back after one game, theyre going to look stupid. The padding in the shoe is really thin. The insole of the shoe has nothing to it. Ive had 3 pairs of  2001 breds and the CDP cant hold a candle or even tell you where to find one in a candle store. I would play in a pair of 2001s as long as they were stored properly. Guarentee they will hold up better.

You got a fair price bro.

I agree that the XI were a joke. There wasnt enough patent on the shoe, the 23s on the heel peel like hell, and the cushoning sucks compared to the 95 and 01 models. (IMO the cushoning in the DMPs sucked too)

I dont know where you guys are getting your hate for the XIIs from though. Theyre made EXACTLY like the 04 retros(same lasts/molds/cushoning/everything). I prefer the retros to the OGs because they actually weigh less and have far better cushoning. Correct me if Im wrong but the OG taxis only had blow-molded air, not zoom . Other than the top eyelits being plastic, JB really did these right.

You got a fair price bro.

I agree that the XI were a joke. There wasnt enough patent on the shoe, the 23s on the heel peel like hell, and the cushoning sucks compared to the 95 and 01 models. (IMO the cushoning in the DMPs sucked too)

I dont know where you guys are getting your hate for the XIIs from though. Theyre made EXACTLY like the 04 retros(same lasts/molds/cushoning/everything). I prefer the retros to the OGs because they actually weigh less and have far better cushoning. Correct me if Im wrong but the OG taxis only had blow-molded air, not zoom . Other than the top eyelits being plastic, JB really did these right.

man the only reason i still have my cdp 11s is just to own one pair. Those are in the top 5 worst quality shoes i own, probably only 2nd to the cdp 4s

man the only reason i still have my cdp 11s is just to own one pair. Those are in the top 5 worst quality shoes i own, probably only 2nd to the cdp 4s

Lmao $450.. I wouldn't pay $150 for those xi's!!! YEAH I SAID IT.. they killed my pinky toe, looked mad fake and the 23 on the back fell off after 2 wears. I traded mine for a ds pair of Lebron 7 red carpets and couldn't be happier. SMH @ $450 Lol

Lmao $450.. I wouldn't pay $150 for those xi's!!! YEAH I SAID IT.. they killed my pinky toe, looked mad fake and the 23 on the back fell off after 2 wears. I traded mine for a ds pair of Lebron 7 red carpets and couldn't be happier. SMH @ $450 Lol

Personally I Woulda Never Copped A CDP To Ball In In The 1st Place... Hell I Dont Even Ball In J's Period... But You Came Off With The Price You Paid Tho. Dont Own The Pack But Ive Never Heard Anyone Talk Good About The XI's... The XII's May Be Good But Id Jus Have Both Shoes In The Daily Casual Wear Rotation... Try Looking For A Cheap Pair Of Team J's To Ball In, Im Sure They'll End Up Being More Comfortable.

Personally I Woulda Never Copped A CDP To Ball In In The 1st Place... Hell I Dont Even Ball In J's Period... But You Came Off With The Price You Paid Tho. Dont Own The Pack But Ive Never Heard Anyone Talk Good About The XI's... The XII's May Be Good But Id Jus Have Both Shoes In The Daily Casual Wear Rotation... Try Looking For A Cheap Pair Of Team J's To Ball In, Im Sure They'll End Up Being More Comfortable.

The quality of the CDP 11 is not as great as the earlier 11 retros. Less patent leather and the patent feels stiff compared to the 2001 pair. But I have'nt tried it on at all. But I still wear my 2001's because I have three of those and they are confortable. I wore my 2001's at least 20 times and they still look close to DS. But I wore the 2009 Spacejams and they felt very tight and I sold one of them after I wore it several times (had 2 pairs of the 2009's).

The quality of the CDP 12 was at worse decent meaning the quality was good. After at least 10 wears, they still look close to DS. The 2003/2004 pairs had slightly better quality. But the OG's had better quality than the 2003/2004 but they were not as confortable (they felt heavy - I guess due to the great quality of the leather). IMO, the 2003/2004 retros were the most confortable.

As for playing ball, I haven't balled in any 11 or 12.

The quality of the CDP 11 is not as great as the earlier 11 retros. Less patent leather and the patent feels stiff compared to the 2001 pair. But I have'nt tried it on at all. But I still wear my 2001's because I have three of those and they are confortable. I wore my 2001's at least 20 times and they still look close to DS. But I wore the 2009 Spacejams and they felt very tight and I sold one of them after I wore it several times (had 2 pairs of the 2009's).

The quality of the CDP 12 was at worse decent meaning the quality was good. After at least 10 wears, they still look close to DS. The 2003/2004 pairs had slightly better quality. But the OG's had better quality than the 2003/2004 but they were not as confortable (they felt heavy - I guess due to the great quality of the leather). IMO, the 2003/2004 retros were the most confortable.

As for playing ball, I haven't balled in any 11 or 12.

Keep the XI's for casual and try the XII for ball. You should have bought the Jordan 2011 Blacks on sale for around $100 and copped a pair of KB6 and a V2 pair of Brons, then u would have had 3 great balling shoes that will hold up look great and paid about $300 to $350 on sale for all 3 total.

Keep the XI's for casual and try the XII for ball. You should have bought the Jordan 2011 Blacks on sale for around $100 and copped a pair of KB6 and a V2 pair of Brons, then u would have had 3 great balling shoes that will hold up look great and paid about $300 to $350 on sale for all 3 total.

Back
Top Bottom