Baggy Clothes Appreciation

I honestly hated the baggy clothes era. I thought its was silly then, even though I had my fair share of big outfits.

Agreed.

There's nothing to appreciate about looking like a damn clown. :lol: :rofl:

I was looking through my closet a few days ago and found some 2X shirts that have been there for years, Some even have yellowing. Damn can't believe I thought I was doing it. Looking back at it, It was a hideous look. Nowadays I wear a size L, Sometimes M or XL depending on the brand. :wow: :stoneface: |I :smh: :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
them jerseys :pimp:

from this fit

to this

and these were like the baggy grown man look at that time :lol: i was kinda doing it wearing these while all of my boys are still rockin jerseys and hats in the club

Last edited:
Girbauds were the ish though. I used to wear them with tall tee's all the time. The light blue jeans with the black straps were my favorite pair.

what if i said baggy clothe is coming back in style :nerd:

not extra baggy though like a 10 years ago

:smh:  I really used to think button-ups were gonna save our generation.. 

Lol. Them ***** were a salvation for cats who couldn't afford da jersey era prices.

SO MANY LAMES were prayin on da downfall on jerseys cuz they couldn't catch up...

I remember i had more jersey swaps then jim jackson in highschool & i can see da salty faces

Of da folks stuck on da sidelines that couldn't compete...

Lol. Them ***** were a salvation for cats who couldn't afford da jersey era prices.
SO MANY LAMES were prayin on da downfall on jerseys cuz they couldn't catch up...
I remember i had more jersey swaps then jim jackson in highschool & i can see da salty faces
Of da folks stuck on da sidelines that couldn't compete...
A lot of those dudes made themselves look worse by copping the obviously fake jerseys from 28th street. If you can't keep up with the joneses its fine, but don't embarrass yourself in the process.

I found an old 4x tall tee from years ago and all I could do was :smh: I only buy 1x shirts now and thats because they shrink and im tall:smh:

I was an adult back then watching you young dudes do this, with my reading through articles in mags like VIBE and SOURCE while in the barbershop learning about how much time you put in to actually look like that, then I remember hysterically laughing, realizing that y'all put so much effort into looking so bad...
laugh.gif

Now the reverse is happening, as I have to constantly hold back from cracking the hell up, while watching some cat rocking a pair of Watermelon skinny Khaki's, saggin' mind you, which absolutely makes no friggin' sense to me at all..tight pants saggin', simply hysterical!

roll.gif

So now most fella's are sixties driven, but I also remember when it was only the brothers from England, those who'd rock long locks, Clark Wallabee's and skinny high water pants, with some sexy Asian chick on their arm while walking through Greenwich Village, would get ridiculed while walking past the West Fourth Street courts by the dudes rocking the oversized XXXL crap back in that day, then trying the attention of Asian chick on dudes arm.

Boy how the roles have changed.. 
nerd.gif

citylab white tees were the GOAT!!!

times have changed of course, but i look better in fitted clothes. ill NEVER go back to baggy.

I got some old Jordan sweats I got when the 21s dropped. They DUMB big !

I still pull my jerseys out from time to time but usually only when going to sporting events.

me in the ecko Marvels jacket, my homie in the Miskeen

I also had a size 62 M&N Timberwolves wool coat......I was 5'8, 130lbs at the time :smh:

Last edited:
A lot of those dudes made themselves look worse by copping the obviously fake jerseys from 28th street. If you can't keep up with the joneses its fine, but don't embarrass yourself in the process.

Yeah son, some fakes were just so clearly fake that it was a disaster but people would try to say it's real.

Then rappers and other brands tried making jerseys that had area codes, states and whatever dumb **** on it :x

Sean John or Akademiks velour + white tee + white on white Forces (+ the fresh S curl kit)
1372.17293.L.JPG

No lie, I used to kill this fit with some freshly done cornrows, the matching Sean John headband, and the white/navy/silver Jordan 1's! Chicks would be mirin haaard plus it was comfy as hell! Awww, the memories :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom