ballin' in retros?

I like rocking the CB 34's occasionally for ball. My feet feel good in those shoes, and I've always like the solid rubber outsole that the Barkley linegives you. The only thing I don't like about the CB 34 is the absence of good traction. Seems like "Sir" and "Charles" were justcomplimentary style cues for the shoe, and I'm talking the OG's as well...
ohwell.gif

As far as Jordans go, I like how the VIII performs. No real good court feel, but the ankle support is there...

I PREFER TO PLAY BALL IN MY XIV AS WELL...RECENTLY PLAYED MY 2001 TB III AND THEY WERE PRETTY GOOD AS WELL.

these are the retros i have and play in: penny II, IV; pippen II; jordan XI, and zoom 95

i haven't had issues with any of them so far.

Yea I play ball out doors in my Zoom 96's because traction indoors were terrible for me...

Indoors i play in my CB34...not better than 2k5's but are wearable...

agree.

they took awhile to get used to them (mostly because i'd never played in shoes with a strap)....and they took forever to actually get my feet in them atfirst. but after that, it was all good. very comfortable shoes.

i did have to cut that elastic strip off though. it was making the shoe too narrow.

never in jordans.. they have become fashion statements more so than sustainable hoop shoes

I played in penny IVs two years ago and they were the least bit good for balling. The strap would come off, the fit was aweful and the sizing was off.

Might ball in penny 2s or 3s and maybe jordan 2s and 13s this year.

Retro quality is lower than the original releases. So I refuse to use a lower quality shoe. Plus the cushioning on some of the older sneakers really is bad.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Retro quality is lower than the original releases. So I refuse to use a lower quality shoe. Plus the cushioning on some of the older sneakers really is bad.
yea true. i don't think you should be ballin in retros at all they are just mainly made for style now.

Jordan XII and XI ain't bad for balling at all imo. Just dont ball in retro I-VII. Those are terrible
laugh.gif

started playing basketball at the gym in jordan 7's. feel awesome, and have awesome grip, but i suckkkkk at basketball and i really have no way of telling what a good basketball sneaker is all about.

Back
Top Bottom