ballin' in retros?

lately i've been playing hoops in the godzillas, & i haven't encountered the problems i've had with some retro jordans. who else likes to ballin their retros? which retros do you use?

I play in all types of retros and they do me good. So far I've played in Foam One's (favorite balling shoe right now), CB 34's, Jordan II's,Jordan XIII's, Jordan XII's (fit isn't good, IMO).

They need to "retro" the LeBron II's, that's one of my favorites and mine are kinda done now.

^ i agree on retro ing the 2's - but first they need to do the zoom gen. so we will get 2's earliest by 2010

godzillas and zf 95s seem too stiff to ball in IMO... but the zf 96s feel great for balling even though I havent tried it yet

i generally play in "OGs" such as XVIII, XIX, ZK1, recent uptempos, etc

i balled in the retro penny 4's... they sucked balls and i sprained my ankle twice. but other than that i usually ball in newer kicks. right now im theXXI's, probably get some zoom bb2's

I play in my retro X!! playoffs and I have no complaints! comfy, good ankle support, I like em...

I like playing in retro XII, XIII, XIV, Penny Foam One, Zoom Flight 95, and More Tempos

Just about all I ball in--Air Force Max, Air Max Tempo (Duke), Zoom 95, Zoom 96, Crazy 8, adidas Artillery retro. Just when I grew up, so memories take overfrom performance, although most of these perform in my eyes as good as any new shoe.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

my AJ 8'S (white/grey/orange) have no cushioning. are all 8's like that?

i would think so because they are all the same just different colors.

ive played in Retro V's and they are good shoes as long as you dont tighten them too tight. at least for me anyway.

I knew this kid who would ball in high top dunks... to me they're not comfortable enough for that but this kid was good he could ball in high heels if hewanted

I've played in a number of retro shoes since 2000. Air Force 1, Converse Weapon, Answer IV, Foamposites, Air Jordan Retro 1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 11Low, a couple pairs of 12, a few pairs of 13, 14 & 14 Low and Air Max Penny & Air Max Penny IV.

Most recently I played in the Retro 3 (Black Cats) and 8 (Aquas) for my first college season this past year. I absolutely loved playing in the Air Jordan 3after I broke them in, definitely one of my favourite shoes to play in, even though they're fairly hard under the forefoot. I wish they didn't get beatso I could've worn them all season. The Air Jordan 8 I wasn't really too fond of, and probably should've switched out of them sooner but... theylooked too beautiful. Cut way too high for my style of play being a PG, and not the greatest traction for quick moves. The shoe does not offer much in thermsof court feel either, felt like I was an inch from the hardwood. I ended up switching out of these for the last month of my season.

Just when I grew up, so memories take over from performance, although most of these perform in my eyes as good as any new shoe.
Exactly the same way I feel. Rocking Air Jordan & Penny retros that they wore when they were owning the rest of the league, just gives me afeeling that I can't describe, which makes up for the lack of performance in some retros. I do agree with you that the majority of retros perform better orequally as good as the majority of new designs on the market.

I can't wait for the Air Max Penny II Retro... a few pairs will be trashed on the court.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

my AJ 8'S (white/grey/orange) have no cushioning. are all 8's like that?

8s (Retro and OG) have a reputation for hard cushioning

I would never ball in retro's, You guys do know that retros are used MAINLY for causual wear right?, why not keep that money and spend it on Nike technolgyin 2days shoes,

example Lebrons, kobes, recent uptempos' something that will give you nikes BEST quality, in shoes

Because, honestly, retros feel better to my feet. They tend to be wider and not as constrictive, and the cushioning (at least in the Zoom 95 and 96) is stillon point with todays. I will put the Zoom 96 against the AZKIII any day, performance, fit, and cushion. Today's shoes don't compare in looks. As far asretros used mainly for casual, it is because most people who buy them are too young to know how well they performed in the past. I remeber when all of thesecoming out were cutting edge, and to me, they still play like it. Why do you think when a hot retro comes out (Air Flight 89 worn by UConn in 1999, Zoom 95 byUT this year) they always end up on players feet? It is because they still perform. Now, Jordan retros, whole 'nother story. As for Nike's bestquality, I have a pair of Air Max Force retro's from last year I have played in over 100 times, and a pair of AZK1 I play in all the time. The Forces look90% brand new, the Kobe's are ready to be burned.

i used to ball in my VII's..
pimp.gif
not anymore tho..
I don't usually ball in jordan retros..

Originally Posted by goldenchild12

I would never ball in retro's, You guys do know that retros are used MAINLY for causual wear right?, why not keep that money and spend it on Nike technolgy in 2days shoes,

example Lebrons, kobes, recent uptempos' something that will give you nikes BEST quality, in shoes

I ball in my Alphaforce 2's,Maestro 2's Pippen allstar, retro 2',3,4,5's Assault force 89 Flights.Revolution high and low ,even 92 huracheFab 5. I have no problem with none of them. My Penny 4's straps just irks me.Only retro shoes that kill my feet are retro 1's the pat leather ones.Asfor casual wear most cats i know only wear ball shoes for casual wear,that's why we get crazy colorways. My ball shoes are for ball only and will onlytouch a hardwood floor.Anyhoo,i'm an oldhead and these kicks and others rep memories of my youth and my ball heroes and will always have a special place inmy heart. Nike retro the first Glove and the first Alphaforce the flight lites in hightop and soloflights and Maestro 1. Than i can die happy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nobody133

i balled in the retro penny 4's... they sucked balls and i sprained my ankle twice. but other than that i usually ball in newer kicks. right now im the XXI's, probably get some zoom bb2's

Really? I like my Penny IV's for balling.

I played in my Retro XIV's and they fared well. The cushioning in the sole was weak though.

Retro AJ1s great for balling have great traction and cushion imo....when they rerto lbjs 1-3 I will be in line!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom