+BANGIN SCREW+

Nah, I wuz just droppin a bar from ESG to bump the post...truth be told I don't care what anyone does anywhere...I sip syrup and jam Screw, thats me...Istarted this post to share the love I got for Screw and the S.U.C. I'm not sayin nothin bout anyone in H-Town cuz that 8nt my town. I work two jobs andtake care of two kids as best I can, and when I got some "me" time, I grab a pint and let Screw take me away...if you don't sip drank or jamScrew daily, you guys do you. I didn't have Screw to jam since '92 like all you guys from Houston. I didn't get any Screw til 2000 and didnt reallystart gettin DJ SCREW til like a year later. I'm sure the novelty and the genius of Screw has worn off since you guys had it to bang since '92 and hedied seven years ago. I'm still fully enthralled in the subculture that is Screw, that's my choice, not to impede anyone else or cast aspersions on thedaily trappings of any one Houstonite. I'm just showin love cuz he means that much to me, he gave me a new way of life. I follow GOD and Christ first, thenScrew second he is the greatest musical genius to ever exist. IMO strictly of course. It's sad that even on this thread people are trying to take away fromScrew's legacy, his impact on the H-Town music scene. Other than the Geto Boys, it wouldnt be no one outta Houston blowin up if not for Screw tapes andchopped and screwed music, someone from the H care to argue with me about that ?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Agent0024

Nah, I wuz just droppin a bar from ESG to bump the post...truth be told I don't care what anyone does anywhere...I sip syrup and jam Screw, thats me...I started this post to share the love I got for Screw and the S.U.C. I'm not sayin nothin bout anyone in H-Town cuz that 8nt my town. I work two jobs and take care of two kids as best I can, and when I got some "me" time, I grab a pint and let Screw take me away...if you don't sip drank or jam Screw daily, you guys do you. I didn't have Screw to jam since '92 like all you guys from Houston. I didn't get any Screw til 2000 and didnt really start gettin DJ SCREW til like a year later. I'm sure the novelty and the genius of Screw has worn off since you guys had it to bang since '92 and he died seven years ago. I'm still fully enthralled in the subculture that is Screw, that's my choice, not to impede anyone else or cast aspersions on the daily trappings of any one Houstonite. I'm just showin love cuz he means that much to me, he gave me a new way of life. I follow GOD and Christ first, then Screw second he is the greatest musical genius to ever exist. IMO strictly of course. It's sad that even on this thread people are trying to take away from Screw's legacy, his impact on the H-Town music scene. Other than the Geto Boys, it wouldnt be no one outta Houston blowin up if not for Screw tapes and chopped and screwed music, someone from the H care to argue with me about that ?
nerd.gif

LOL, funny you say that, The SUC is really a Texas/Laftex thing. I hate to say it but a LOT of people don't recognize Houston by Screw/DJ Screw, he dida lot for the artists, but at the end of the day, and yes I will argue about that on a daily basis to be honest.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Quote:
i remember when me, time, and cam seemed to be the only people on here outside of texas that would bang some screw.

You know?!
laugh.gif
">
GR for now, but rumor has it Gentry's going to package it with a Toboggan and mitten set and sell it for $750

Only ppl out side of the south maybe. Texas ... no

H Town school me on it then...I know Laftex was a record label? I'm jus sayin I didnt try and label Houstonites as strictly syrup-sippers andScrew-bangers, obviously that wouldn't be possible. I'm jus tryin to keep the thread alive and chop up game with those who are/were closer to thesource than I am...R.I.P. to Pimp Chad, another down-South G sent to the skies...

Michael Watts just doesn't do it for me
smh.gif

There's more to Screwing production wise than just slowing down the tempo. If you don't have a certain sound source to screw, it doesn't get thatOG screw feel. That OG screw feel is more rich and thicker than anything out there, and if you don't do it right your screws will be light and thin.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Michael Watts just doesn't do it for me
smh.gif

There's more to Screwing production wise than just slowing down the tempo. If you don't have a certain sound source to screw, it doesn't get that OG screw feel. That OG screw feel is more rich and thicker than anything out there, and if you don't do it right your screws will be light and thin.

I agree with you. Me and my friend were chilling and we had an original grey tape (unpredictable) in the deck, we listened to it. immeadtlity felt it.Threw on watts - blow one...smh@ his sloppy digitized work.

Watts brings back lines too many times, he'll turn a 4 min song into a 10 min song

And to answer dudes question up top, pretty much the chopped and screwed music has went back to the cats who "smoke and drank"

There are only 2 types of people listening to screwed up music in Houston now, the first type is the cats you sip all day and the second is the ol head typecats who listen to screw almost exclusively, both of these types HATE Jay Z for some reason...lol Then, you have your heads that sit back and remember howHouston music used to be but they'll just listen on occasion, nothing too serious

Also, as far as Yungstar is concerned, if you look back, Yung didn't go hard AT ALL. Dude was garbage, it was Lil Flex and Lil Flip that did work. LilFlex's verse on "Knockin Pictures off ya Wall" is the verse everyone credits Yungstar for wreckin but as I said, that wasn't Yung at all, itwas Flex,"On the plane sippin drank eatin scrambled eggs and toast" As a matter of fact, Flex was on every song on that Yung CD except like 2."Grippin Grain" was a pretty monumental song. Flip, Flex and Yung was all on that one song

And Magno, I believe he's still on Desert Storm BUT DS really has NO ambition to do anything with him ala Def Jam and Joe Budden. I say this because helives in the neighborhood right next to mine and he really has nothing to show for his music grind. He actually lived in my neighborhood, we all used to hoopand chill everyday, dude is as cool and mellow as it gets, it's just a shame that Cham used him to fuel hate towards Mike Jones but Cham NEVER madeanything with Magno since which in turn, makes him (Cham) just like Mike Jones. I'm mad that 50/50 didn't blow up too, dude was easily killing everytrack on thos Color Changin tapes, he's another real cool dude but they (the 50/50 Twins) were like Slim Thugs body guards, they would buss cats heads overSlim outta love and respect but Slim hasn't showed any love back to 50 at all. Which is sad because I can't recall at any time when Slim handled hisown problems, he owes them Hollywood Clique cats his life

So for the most part, screw music is kinda dying in Houston, there is no urgency to listen to it anymore. Back then, we were engulfed in it, we went to schoolwith the rappers, hooped and hung out so there was NO getting around the music, we heard it in school, chillin in the hood, parties and while driving. Plus theabundance of mixtapes slowed down drastically between now and then, also, the rappers that we liked all have there own movements so we don't get the samequality of mixtapes either

There are some other things I left out but I'm on my PS3 and I'm typing on my controller so this reply is giving me hell right now so that's all Ihave to say

How did I not see this until now.. Repping the SWAT ..still bump Fat Pat, Ron C, C-Note, Lil Red, Hawk.. All of em.. I always gotta keep a screw tape *or cdnow ha* in the 6 changer..

And back then, something that caught my ear.. I was in Indianapolis in like 2000 or 2001.. I was walking with my boy to a library to go hoop *Yes their Libraryhad a basketball court*.. And somebody drives by... Pulls up to a stop sign, Pops TRUNK, and I hear a Lil Flip song Chopped and screwed.. I couldn'tbelieve it. I thought I was on MLK back in Houston... And I heard more then 3 cars bumping skrew.. Dudes must of been moving them units back then hard in themidwest haha...

And co-sign on the Mike Jones too.. Dude used to go off on the freestyle.. Especially on that Ridin Spinnaz freestyle.

RIP DJ SKREW

This thread comes back up every 3 months or so.. and yes, I still bang screw on occasion, even though its nowhere near as much as I did say 5-6 years ago... Iswear screwd and chopped songs are getting harder and harder to find... I was in Texas last summer and couldn't even find hardly any screw'd andchopped stuff..

You know your in Houston, when you hear chopped n screwed music on the radio......gotta love it.

Drank check, xanax, check, june 27th, check.

But Allready put it in a nutshell, the scene aint what it used to be. *@!! is dying along with sippin drank. Prices are too damn high, connects want to beslick and k-roll your bottles, sorry im venting now
laugh.gif

lol i wasnt gonna come in here cuz dudes was gonna be talkin bout the same classic tapes

june 27th,hellraiser,3 n da mornin',etc

if anybody knows a lot about grey tapes (mainly the obscure ones) get at me

I'm lookin for the name of a tape that had either Moe,pat,or keke,or some combination freestylin' on the beat from ::

112 feat. biggie and mase-Only you (bad boy remix)

Almost everyday but I really only listen to stuff that Micheal Watts does....im a big Swishahouse fan...oh and btw im from DC

Alot of outta towners in this thread....didnt think too many ppl cared about chopped n screwed music outside of Texas.....when im at college dudes be tellin meto turn that *%!$ off unless we're high lol.

Glad I resurrected the thread... All Ready thanks for the update...I think it's really sad that the SCREW movement isdying...I'm from Omaha, Nebraska we didn't get hip to Screw until like right after he died so I'm where most of you H-Town cats were I guess inlike '96 or '97 as far as being engulfed and enthralled in the lifestyle...there was a lot of real talk in here since I bumped it I hope we can keep itmoving, I wanted to comment on a couple topics u guys brought up

1. Everybody that blew up from C/S music sold out and went pop and left their tru soldiers in the dirt IMHO, from Flip all the way to Cham and Slim...they puton people who had nothin to do wit them blowin up (Famous, Travis Barker, whatever lames Slim be with now, etc etc.)

2. I know its bout $$$ and the plex is dead but I was mad at KeKe for signing with the House and then changing his style to copy Paul Wall
mad.gif
smh.gif

3. I have an appreciation forYungStar that I never had before since I started listening to REAL screw tapes and CDs...he's got his own style and heslurs and jumbles his words a lot, but speaking from experience when I'm drankd out and freestylin I do the same thing all the time, he's tight though

4. Now I got a quicc question that can hopefully keep the thread up front for a while...WHAT DO YOU THINK THE SCENE WOULD BE LIKE IFSCREW AND ALL THE FALLEN SOLDIERS WERE STILL ALIVE ? ? ?

Edit: *random* the library by my house has a basketball court indoors also it's like a rec center and I don't like Jay-Z either(responding to some replies from a couple of u guys)

it would still b poppin...

i mean theres alot of $!%# that happened...

besides everybody dyin...

cham and paul breakup was a huge blow... after that cham's $!%# wasnt even droppin screwed...

it seems like alot of artists stopped messin wit it... and all them new swishahouse dudes is wack for the most part... the best dudes they had(Aqualeo) i aint$!%# from them in a minute and watts be pickin some bs to chop for his tapes nowadays... dsr fell the %%!* off... where the hell is yellaboy? he was the onlyother dj i *$!!@$ wit besides ron c and watts...

its lookin bad man...

Glad to see this thread back. Couple days ago whe it was on the front page, I could not login and have not been able to untill now. I will be back to drop someknowledge later. Im good with a good majority of the Click.

Screw is not dying down at all.

I jam Screw.

If it aint a Screw tape, its something Screwed up affiliated.

Originally Posted by All Ready

Watts brings back lines too many times, he'll turn a 4 min song into a 10 min song

And to answer dudes question up top, pretty much the chopped and screwed music has went back to the cats who "smoke and drank"

There are only 2 types of people listening to screwed up music in Houston now, the first type is the cats you sip all day and the second is the ol head type cats who listen to screw almost exclusively, both of these types HATE Jay Z for some reason...lol Then, you have your heads that sit back and remember how Houston music used to be but they'll just listen on occasion, nothing too serious

Also, as far as Yungstar is concerned, if you look back, Yung didn't go hard AT ALL. Dude was garbage, it was Lil Flex and Lil Flip that did work. Lil Flex's verse on "Knockin Pictures off ya Wall" is the verse everyone credits Yungstar for wreckin but as I said, that wasn't Yung at all, it was Flex,"On the plane sippin drank eatin scrambled eggs and toast" As a matter of fact, Flex was on every song on that Yung CD except like 2. "Grippin Grain" was a pretty monumental song. Flip, Flex and Yung was all on that one song

And Magno, I believe he's still on Desert Storm BUT DS really has NO ambition to do anything with him ala Def Jam and Joe Budden. I say this because he lives in the neighborhood right next to mine and he really has nothing to show for his music grind. He actually lived in my neighborhood, we all used to hoop and chill everyday, dude is as cool and mellow as it gets, it's just a shame that Cham used him to fuel hate towards Mike Jones but Cham NEVER made anything with Magno since which in turn, makes him (Cham) just like Mike Jones. I'm mad that 50/50 didn't blow up too, dude was easily killing every track on thos Color Changin tapes, he's another real cool dude but they (the 50/50 Twins) were like Slim Thugs body guards, they would buss cats heads over Slim outta love and respect but Slim hasn't showed any love back to 50 at all. Which is sad because I can't recall at any time when Slim handled his own problems, he owes them Hollywood Clique cats his life

So for the most part, screw music is kinda dying in Houston, there is no urgency to listen to it anymore. Back then, we were engulfed in it, we went to school with the rappers, hooped and hung out so there was NO getting around the music, we heard it in school, chillin in the hood, parties and while driving. Plus the abundance of mixtapes slowed down drastically between now and then, also, the rappers that we liked all have there own movements so we don't get the same quality of mixtapes either

There are some other things I left out but I'm on my PS3 and I'm typing on my controller so this reply is giving me hell right now so that's all I have to say

this couldn't never be any more true. and
roll.gif
at hollywood cliquebeing mentioned on this board.
laugh.gif
@ slim 6'13" @!! needin twinsfor protection. i remember when Slim went in on Mario and AD on his own tho. His brother Jboy went to school and played ball with us, so that was big at thatime. funniest part is everything you sayin is so true. i feel like u had to live on Gulf Bank or go to Ike to know all this tho. but yea I'm just gonnabe one of them _s who reminisce about tha old screw music when I smoke/sip cuz I been listening to east coast music since I was in HS and I obviously was inthe heart of swishahouse music

DJ Screw- Un Cut Funk (Chapter 198 )`1995

Disc 1

1. Unsolved Mysteries (South Circle)
2. Birds in the Kitchen (C-Bo)
3. Doggy Dogg World (Dogg Pound)
4. Progress of Elimination (Instrumental)
5. Progress of Elimination (Boss)
6. I Know I Got Skillz (Instrumental)
7. Check Yo Self (Ice Cube)
8. Break-A-##*#! College (Eightball and MJG)
9. It's Supposed to Bubble Remix (Instrumental)

Disc 2

1. So Many Tears Freestyle (Fat Pat and Stick)
2. Journey Wit Me (Twinz)
3. Never Leave the Pad (Street Military)
4. Gun Smoke (Murder Squad)
5. Ain't One Thing It's Another (ESG)
6. 7 Years (MC Breed)
7. G Ride (ESG)
8. Bill Collector (Bone Thugs N Harmony)
9. 4 Eyes 2 Heads (Instrumental)

^^^^picked this up from the shop couple days ago. Fire %%$ tape/CD.

Also got Pop Trunk, Slippin Red, Late Night #%%!%%+ Your ##*#!, and a couple others.

Grabbd a custom made R.I.P. Pimp C shirt made no iron-on %#!@, screen printed. I will post pic's son........

str8barre glad you're bacc...MAN!!! FAT PAT AND STIK...only thing i ever heard about stik was he was in the Feds...school me on Stik and KK are they evergettin out???

Back
Top Bottom