Banned/recalled/controversial shoes

Originally Posted by NYCZ ILLEST

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

Air Melt, Air Grill, and Air-B-Que we're taken off the shelves along with Air Bakin because they featured the same logo.

Damn, someone at Nike Corporate was hungry when they thought of these kicks.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Originally Posted by Three00ZeeX

Originally Posted by Laxedout

the air bakin to me is the most interesting. the air on the heel too closely resembled the sybol for Allah and the shoes were recalled and the design was changed to the classic Nike Air logo

airbakinair.JPG
i may be mistaken but from what i remember, the picture above is what nike changed the logo to after the whole controversy... heres the logo that was the issue. you can see in the original, the letters were all connected but the picture above the "A" is seperated from the "ir"
even worse... Muslims don't even eat "Bacon"

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acekilla408

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Originally Posted by Three00ZeeX

Originally Posted by Laxedout

the air bakin to me is the most interesting. the air on the heel too closely resembled the sybol for Allah and the shoes were recalled and the design was changed to the classic Nike Air logo

airbakinair.JPG
i may be mistaken but from what i remember, the picture above is what nike changed the logo to after the whole controversy... heres the logo that was the issue. you can see in the original, the letters were all connected but the picture above the "A" is seperated from the "ir"

^^it was just changed in Nike air by a parch....
but i do want to know if air allah's bakins are rare... bc seems that there are a lot in circulation.

I think you guys are being a little sensitive about the image...although it does slightly remind me of the caricatures made of the Japanese during WWII...somaybe I just ate my words

recalled only in London, because some time last year there were a lot of stabbing/murder incident done by serial killers lurking on their parks at night time.

they also impose a curfew at point not only for minors but even adults too.

Originally Posted by purplehazen

they should recall the nubuck 12's, the material is so wack

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
CO-SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best post about JB Shoes i have read in a LONG TIME

Originally Posted by jw air

^ the didnt ...they pulled it because people starting calling them that

They DID.
laugh.gif
It was obviously NOTsupposed to be known as "Heaven Gate Dunks" and the inspiration wasn't supposed to be made public (if it was then nike has some stupidindividuals working for them)...but the rider who collaborated and what not to get the colour done was interviewed by some shoe site and he let everyone knowthe reasoning behind the shoes colours
laugh.gif
needless to say everyone startedcalling them heaven's gate and they HAD to be recalled...

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

^

*courtesy of Penny thread and babylebron

now those are PEs
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

These werent recalled - Penny painted them black to match the NBA uniform rule

Back
Top Bottom