Banned/recalled/controversial shoes

Originally Posted by Three00ZeeX

Originally Posted by Laxedout

the air bakin to me is the most interesting. the air on the heel too closely resembled the sybol for Allah and the shoes were recalled and the design was changed to the classic Nike Air logo

airbakinair.JPG
i may be mistaken but from what i remember, the picture above is what nike changed the logo to after the whole controversy... heres the logo that was the issue. you can see in the original, the letters were all connected but the picture above the "A" is seperated from the "ir"
even worse... Muslims don't even eat "Bacon"

Originally Posted by rickybadman

^^^^^^^^^^ Did penny actually wear that colorway or is that photo at a bad angle and the shoes painted
penny actually used a black sharpie on his royal foams.
the shoes didn't meet NBA requirements, and he had to add the black...and he did.
laugh.gif

someone correct me if im wrong.

Originally Posted by urban turban 18

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by WavieCrocket

story on these?

Ray Fong was a charecter that huf created and it was controvertial because it imaged a streotypical chinese man.

I have the shirt up stairs in my room. A real collectors item because it was scrapped so fast.

you must be talking about this shirt
huf_fongT.jpg

damn that #++@ is dope

nice list. i didnt know about many of them.. im sure there are alot more samples that couldnt be released. nike is crazy like that

I love this thread+++ Very informative. If anyone has laser vicks, GET AT ME!!!!

Originally Posted by pushat973

These dunks were dope but were scrapped because they were named after the mass suicide Heavens Gate. they should have just gave them a different name. i really wanted a pair last sbs i copped were sea crystals. and I think those Freddy Krugers were scrapped too. not sure why

I wish they would've dropped these!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Originally Posted by rickybadman

^^^^^^^^^^ Did penny actually wear that colorway or is that photo at a bad angle and the shoes painted
penny actually used a black sharpie on his royal foams.
the shoes didn't meet NBA requirements, and he had to add the black...and he did.
laugh.gif

someone correct me if im wrong.

This is correct. he stated it in his sole collector interview.

Originally Posted by KicksBoyWonder

Originally Posted by pushat973

These dunks were dope but were scrapped because they were named after the mass suicide Heavens Gate. they should have just gave them a different name. i really wanted a pair last sbs i copped were sea crystals. and I think those Freddy Krugers were scrapped too. not sure why

I wish they would've dropped these!
frown.gif

I got a pair.
wink.gif

Keep this thread going!

Originally Posted by awkweird

what about the SB consolidated dunks and the Consolidated Don't do it campaign.
You mean when other skate companies urged "true" skaters to not buy Nike SB products because it would ruin their culture?
I think it was a small movement, but it really never succeeded, because look at Nike SB today...i mean, not today, but what it used to be.

Didn't the Kobe II's on Adidas get recalled also? I coulda sworn they did, I don't remember why though.

Never knew about those Penny foamposites.
eek.gif

Good stuff.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by awkweird

what about the SB consolidated dunks and the Consolidated Don't do it campaign.
You mean when other skate companies urged "true" skaters to not buy Nike SB products because it would ruin their culture?
I think it was a small movement, but it really never succeeded, because look at Nike SB today...i mean, not today, but what it used to be.

Yes and No I mean that the person who designed the colorway I think worked for consolidated. Consoildated made a shoe that looked like the dunk exactly but ithad a banana in lieu of the swoosh. Basically Send Helps vs. Consolidated BS Drunk.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Originally Posted by Three00ZeeX

Originally Posted by Laxedout

the air bakin to me is the most interesting. the air on the heel too closely resembled the sybol for Allah and the shoes were recalled and the design was changed to the classic Nike Air logo
i may be mistaken but from what i remember, the picture above is what nike changed the logo to after the whole controversy... heres the logo that was the issue. you can see in the original, the letters were all connected but the picture above the "A" is seperated from the "ir"
even worse... Muslims don't even eat "Bacon"
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I still need those freddy kruger or bloody gucci's in my life without the crazy price...... c'mon NIKE!!!!

I remember hearing a story about the XIV's being banned at some schools in Cali because of the Roman Numerals being related to a gang.

Back
Top Bottom