Bape NY closing down.... Vol. This ain't 2004 no more....

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

Originally Posted by ninjahood

son,

Father,
I think the part that's confusing the naysayers is that they think I'm saying everyone's gonna be eating Asian food, watching movies in Chinese, dressing in silk robes, and growing Fu Manchus.

roll.gif

Bobby is a witty bastard. Gotta give him that much.

son,

Father,
I think the part that's confusing the naysayers is that they think I'm saying everyone's gonna be eating Asian food, watching movies in Chinese, dressing in silk robes, and growing Fu Manchus.

roll.gif

Bobby is a witty bastard. Gotta give him that much.

Ninja, the majority of NBA players are American "products" though, so American prestige is gonna mean more to them.

Bape is an Asian brand, that is caking in Asia.

Like you said its all about the money and China is full of new millionaires hungry for the cutting edge of Asian cool...Bape. The analogy of NBA players playing in Europe but coming home to the NBA for more bread is perfect but you're forgetting that Asia is Bape's home and the bigger profits are in the East.

The US is going through a recession and its consumers are way more fickle. Why waste time paying sky high New York City rents?

Its just like the streets, if you're from Uptown and you have 5 dope spots clicking in the Heights and 1 spot in downtown Bk that keeps getting raided and coming up short for whatever reasons, wouldn't you just relocate your resources to a 6th spot in the Heights?

If Ralph Lauren closes a store in Downtown London today...does that mean his brand is finished, even though RL is growing faster and larger than its ever been in States? Maybe in the eyes of Londoners but you think Ralph "Mr. America" Lauren would lose sleep over that?

Nah. These things are business moves and the US ain't popping like it was in the past.

You got American companies closing their doors over here and setting up shop across seas as well. Its only natural that a foreign company would do the same.

Ninja, the majority of NBA players are American "products" though, so American prestige is gonna mean more to them.

Bape is an Asian brand, that is caking in Asia.

Like you said its all about the money and China is full of new millionaires hungry for the cutting edge of Asian cool...Bape. The analogy of NBA players playing in Europe but coming home to the NBA for more bread is perfect but you're forgetting that Asia is Bape's home and the bigger profits are in the East.

The US is going through a recession and its consumers are way more fickle. Why waste time paying sky high New York City rents?

Its just like the streets, if you're from Uptown and you have 5 dope spots clicking in the Heights and 1 spot in downtown Bk that keeps getting raided and coming up short for whatever reasons, wouldn't you just relocate your resources to a 6th spot in the Heights?

If Ralph Lauren closes a store in Downtown London today...does that mean his brand is finished, even though RL is growing faster and larger than its ever been in States? Maybe in the eyes of Londoners but you think Ralph "Mr. America" Lauren would lose sleep over that?

Nah. These things are business moves and the US ain't popping like it was in the past.

You got American companies closing their doors over here and setting up shop across seas as well. Its only natural that a foreign company would do the same.

I actually never stopped wearing BAPE I was a fan of the brand itself. And will continue to be. I never bought any sneakers tho.

I actually never stopped wearing BAPE I was a fan of the brand itself. And will continue to be. I never bought any sneakers tho.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

you right, and hey bape can very well be poppin overseas more then da states, so there's no shame cuttin your losses where u not winning and concentrate where you are winning.

but thats technically what i said about when u done in da states you go overseas to make bank.

i heard karl kani is $$$ in europe.

for bape it was reverse..they from da east, so all they're doing is going back home and energizing, same way u said ralph lauren's store in london is a wrap but in da US that brand is experiencing

heavy growth and profits.

you right, and hey bape can very well be poppin overseas more then da states, so there's no shame cuttin your losses where u not winning and concentrate where you are winning.

but thats technically what i said about when u done in da states you go overseas to make bank.

i heard karl kani is $$$ in europe.

for bape it was reverse..they from da east, so all they're doing is going back home and energizing, same way u said ralph lauren's store in london is a wrap but in da US that brand is experiencing

heavy growth and profits.

you right

you right

Interesting thread .
I can understand Ninjahoods point of view to an extent.But honestly America never took bape seriously or respected it as a brand.Americans don't understand nor can comprehend that Bape is a lifestyle brand that caters to a vast audience they make every thing from mugs to dress shirts.I.T knows that CHina and the east are on the come up and thus they are leaving the dying west behind.What will kill China is the lack of respect for human life and nature .They have the same mindset america had with extreme expansion and they are already suffering from it with ghost apartment complexs and malls.China will implode and the environment will suffer

Honestly at this point America is on the downturn it would take a renassiance in terms of patriotism and humility to get America back on the right track .Americans gotta learn that they have to work manual labor intensivejobs and do real work to get a wage .This whole i want a corporate job mentality has to go away.You can be educated and respected if you work as a mechanic or as a landscaper.At one point in time those jobs meant alot . Thats my little rant for the day

Interesting thread .
I can understand Ninjahoods point of view to an extent.But honestly America never took bape seriously or respected it as a brand.Americans don't understand nor can comprehend that Bape is a lifestyle brand that caters to a vast audience they make every thing from mugs to dress shirts.I.T knows that CHina and the east are on the come up and thus they are leaving the dying west behind.What will kill China is the lack of respect for human life and nature .They have the same mindset america had with extreme expansion and they are already suffering from it with ghost apartment complexs and malls.China will implode and the environment will suffer

Honestly at this point America is on the downturn it would take a renassiance in terms of patriotism and humility to get America back on the right track .Americans gotta learn that they have to work manual labor intensivejobs and do real work to get a wage .This whole i want a corporate job mentality has to go away.You can be educated and respected if you work as a mechanic or as a landscaper.At one point in time those jobs meant alot . Thats my little rant for the day

Originally Posted by remix

Originally Posted by Kramer

Maybe they should just lower the prices on their stuff

this. i still like their stuff.
Thats what Im sayin I would wear their stuff if it was a reasonable price and I thought it was worth it

Thats what Im sayin I would wear their stuff if it was a reasonable price and I thought it was worth it

No offense if you dont want to shell out the money for bape chances are its not meant for you .

No offense if you dont want to shell out the money for bape chances are its not meant for you .

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Interesting thread .

Excellent post.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Interesting thread .

Excellent post.

Back
Top Bottom