Bar etiquette

It's my roommates 21st tomorrow, and I "magically" went from 20 to 22 years old
wink.gif
tongue.gif

I want to make sure I look like I know what I'm doin, so give me some advice NT. Thanks.

tip $1 per drink...if you order like more than 5 shots, 5 bucks is cool i guess...BUT MAKE SURE YOU TIP THE BARTENDER

Just make sure you tip 1 to 2 dollas each time. Ask for the same bartender all the time. Ask em to recommend you a drink and take it with you, your paying forit of course.

Originally Posted by Face82

Just make sure you tip 1 to 2 dollas each time. Ask for the same bartender all the time. Ask em to recommend you a drink and take it with you, your paying for it of course.
good info man. i was thinkin $2-3 bucks a drink tip.

isn't it good to tip a little high on the first drink as well?

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Just make sure you tip 1 to 2 dollas each time. Ask for the same bartender all the time. Ask em to recommend you a drink and take it with you, your paying for it of course.

absolutely. especially if you're gonna be there a while

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

tip $1 per drink...if you order like more than 5 shots, 5 bucks is cool i guess...BUT MAKE SURE YOU TIP THE BARTENDER
You guys really tip the bartender everytime? If I order a pitcher and a couple shots, he's lucky to get a dollar or two out of me. If I goby what you guys are seeing, I'll end up dropping 15-20 just on tips and that's dumb.

as a male, you have no reason to know what an appletini is.

stay away from sex in the city drinks (cosmopolitan, etc....)

stick with the same bartender, hit him/her off with a better than avg tip up front so that way they'll get to you quicker than the others

if it's too crowded, double fist.

buy whoever's birthday it is a shot (for a 21st I like to go with the Four Horsemen if you want to see them earl)

don't be trickin drink money on these random hos tho

eat and drink beforehand (in that order so you a. can coat your stomach and b. have a buzz going already so you don't have to spend as much $$$)

Originally Posted by Integra Owner

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

You guys really tip the bartender everytime? If I order a pitcher and a couple shots, he's lucky to get a dollar or two out of me. If I go by what you guys are seeing, I'll end up dropping 15-20 just on tips and that's dumb.
i mean it's all relative to how much you're spending. 15-20 drinks puts you well over a 100 dollars in some cities (ny, boston, dc,la)...so 15-20 isn't that crazy a tip

i should mention we're gonna be bar hoppin, so we'll be at each bar for a couple drinks.

and it's monday night, so i doubt it'll be busy.

If you go to the same bar...I usually tip 50% of the price of the drink just because they will hook you up with drinks(making the drink stronger or freedrinks)

$2 for the first drink.. $1 for any drinks after that..

you dont have to tip .. but if youre worried about a dollar or two .. you should buy a bottle and drink in the car before the club

NT is notorious for having both sides of the tipping spectrum. It's always best to over-tip to get better service, but don't throw your money away.2-3$ might be suitable if you order more than one drink, or if its a NYC nightclub with $15 drinks or if its a really complicated/special drink. But if itsdollar beer night...honestly I don't know what to tell you.

Originally Posted by infamousod

NT is notorious for having both sides of the tipping spectrum. It's always best to over-tip to get better service, but don't throw your money away. 2-3$ might be suitable if you order more than one drink, or if its a NYC nightclub with $15 drinks or if its a really complicated/special drink. But if its dollar beer night...honestly I don't know what to tell you.
fargo, nd
roll.gif

prolly like $4 for a mixed drink, prolly tip $2.

Tips on how to make the bartender like you:

- Tip big first. In the end, you'll get more back than what you paid.
- Eye contact means "I want a drink". Don't look at the bartender if you don't want a drink. In fact, don't hang out at the bar of youdon't want a drink.
- Know what you're going to order. If the bar is busy, don't try to strike up a convo. Don't order so many different things.
- A bartender may not be able to hear you, but he/she can read lips.

fargo, nd

There are bars there?

Back
Top Bottom