Basketball Concept Sketch

Hey guys_

I just wanted to share a sketch I did today of a basketball concept. Feedback is welcome...

Yea I saw that on KG...thanks for the feedback. Here is what I used >> prismacolor black pencil, prismacolor white pencil (highlights), prismacolormarkers, a touch of blue pencil, and the smallest amount of photoshop (contrast, minor highlights, etc).

Quick question: What is the vertical pencil shading in the heel area that runs from top to bottom? I'm just not seeing how that makes it pop. I'venoticed it on your stuff that I've seen on here, kg, and core for about the past week or two maybe..

mhsrunner_

That shading is where the heel of the shoe rounds out as it begins to wrap around the heel. It's a little trick I learned from Yo > just check out someof his footwear sketches and you'll see it.

My perspective sketch from today + the other pages as well...

16bg6fa.jpg

What do you use to make sketches? Do you draw and color everything in by hand?

Idea_

I do my sketches by hand. Here is what I usually use >>

prismacolor black pencil
prismacolor white pencil
prismacolor markers (warm grey set, colors)
a little bit of photoshop (to tweak the contrast, etc after scanning the sketch)

Hope this helps.

I think the shoes midsole is too thick in my opinion but the sketches aren't that bad, just not feeling the design, looks more like'a turf shoe forfootball than a basketball shoe...

Here is another sketch I did today...just trying the design on an overlasted construction for a more basketball type feel...

2d012si.jpg

The last one is very cool. I got a sorta alligator feel from it with the colors, the triangle shapes along the bottom and back
and then the last lace hole which is like an eye out of the water.

Very nice renderings, good job. Nice design too.

Back
Top Bottom