Basketball shoe sales have plummeted to just 4% of the sneaker market

I just think in the past you had like Christmas Day Lebron a, Kobe’s Durants, all star versions etc. now you don’t have that. Plus Lebrons have definitely went downhill design wise and the price has increased. They are too busy and there’s barely any branding on them

Article written by Nick DePaula. I remember he used to a member here.

didn’t he screw over a couple of folks on this side by exposing Nike product testers that used to drop release info and pics early? Then defected over to sole Collector? dude used to be all about the air zoom flights

Reactions: wr
Yeah, guy is a traitor. I think he snitched on rockdeep. Weird seeing him work for espn now and talk to rachel nichols about sneakers.

Definitely a diff era than when I was coming up, back then everybody where I was from wore basketball shoes as casual shoes from Jordans, Pennys, Barkleys, Pippens, even Fila Grant Hills etc.

i would be suspicious of da count if they categorized old retros as "casual sneakers" like uptowns.

Also nike/JB runs 80% of da basketball sneaker market so all this article tells me is, outta 4% of da total footwear being sold being basketball sneakers, Nike/JB runs it, as in Adidas/Under Armour, etc. is sucking air in that respect.

would yeezys be considerred basketball?
1581629182168.png

people want the shoes the players wear but the companies wont release them.

you cant charge 200 for lebrons and he only wears them once then rocks all kinds of player editions the rest of the season

I think this is dead on. Back when, dudes wore same model in 2 maybe 3 colorways for a whole season. Now dudes got stories and 58 colorways for a season. like a joint on the radio all day, I grows on u.

Back
Top Bottom