Basketball Thread About Nothing

As a Slam subscriber in the early 00s I really bought into the hype and thought the Clips were a contender. That 05-06 squad was tough and a fun watch though.

We live on location #iykyk

New city league season, first game
IMG_5094.jpeg

IMG_5095.gif

Speak more on it.

You playing? Where is it?

Suburban behavior.

Only things we called growing up were

Defensive fouls
Ball handling violations

Yeah I just ran through them when I was younger too but idk what to do now that I'm older lol

Dependent on how bad. If you were moving me out of the way intentionally and blatantly then probably. If it’s just moving and I had a chance to get around and was just lazy then no.

No real chance of getting through them unless you literally run through them or you have no chance since he's literally running into you

Last edited:
Moving screens during pick up...we calling them or nah?
If he runs into me like a fullback clearing a hole I’m calling it. Otherwise I’m calling it out but not calling it. “Watch that screen” while running back up court. If they do it again I’m throwing them across the court.

Don’t get me started. I’ve learned to live with it but I still get mad at times.

Gotta get with the program man. Remember, it's the evolution of the game. 👀
Better learn to adapt. I’m running for 3s more times than not
35+ years of programming is hard to break man. I do it sometimes but I honestly have to remember to do it.

Also, playing with different age groups makes you change your tendencies. Transition spot ups definitely have to be higher when you are playing with folks in their 20s or younger.

35+ years of programming is hard to break man. I do it sometimes but I honestly have to remember to do it.

Also, playing with different age groups makes you change your tendencies. Transition spot ups definitely have to be higher when you are playing with folks in their 20s or younger.
I saw the vision with Jason Williams and Chauncey back in like 04. Run for 3s if there are 2 defenders back. Harder to defend a bigger amount of space.

#freegame

I've gotten more used to it, but most of the time it's still a bad move cause even guys who reliably hit 3s in pickup aren't that consistent. Like I played the other day and we had game point and my guy shot a logo 3 from the wing. He made it, we won the game, but the possession before that I'm shooting 3s and I'm like we don't even need a 3, it's dumb :lol:

If there are 2 defenders back, sure. Maybe. If there's 1 defender back and you're running a 3-on-1 break and the players are smart enough to make sure the ball gets in the middle, you're just giving away free points.

It also affects guys abilities to make smart decisions. The other night I'm defending a guy at the 3-point line almost in the corner. He shoots over me and shoots short, so it's that hard rebound almost back to where the shooter was. I jump to get it but his teammate who is closer to the rim pulls it down before it comes all the way out to me. Nobody is between his teammate and the basket, but because guys are so 3-happy these days, he turns around toward me, trying to feed the ball back to the shooter, which I deny, and so he just passes it out to the wing and all my guys are back in defensive positions again.

Easy layup, free points, missed. Guy is like 6'2 :lol:

:smh:

Don't let these analytics geeks get you messed up. Played for 2 hours the other day and my teams lost 1 game the whole night. I mean part of it was because we were just on fire, but bad decisions lead to missed opportunities and a few games got to game point for both teams. 🤷‍♂️

I've gotten more used to it, but most of the time it's still a bad move cause even guys who reliably hit 3s in pickup aren't that consistent. Like I played the other day and we had game point and my guy shot a logo 3 from the wing. He made it, we won the game, but the possession before that I'm shooting 3s and I'm like we don't even need a 3, it's dumb :lol:

If there are 2 defenders back, sure. Maybe. If there's 1 defender back and you're running a 3-on-1 break and the players are smart enough to make sure the ball gets in the middle, you're just giving away free points.

It also affects guys abilities to make smart decisions. The other night I'm defending a guy at the 3-point line almost in the corner. He shoots over me and shoots short, so it's that hard rebound almost back to where the shooter was. I jump to get it but his teammate who is closer to the rim pulls it down before it comes all the way out to me. Nobody is between his teammate and the basket, but because guys are so 3-happy these days, he turns around toward me, trying to feed the ball back to the shooter, which I deny, and so he just passes it out to the wing and all my guys are back in defensive positions again.

Easy layup, free points, missed. Guy is like 6'2 :lol:

:smh:

Don't let these analytics geeks get you messed up. Played for 2 hours the other day and my teams lost 1 game the whole night. I mean part of it was because we were just on fire, but bad decisions lead to missed opportunities and a few games got to game point for both teams. 🤷‍♂️
I can shoot. Feet set on the trail and it’s likely going in.

Back
Top Bottom