Basketball Thread About Nothing

A bunch of high school kids jumped this man at my gym a while back . Never saw him again

I remember playing 4on4 against some older Mexican dudes in jeans and work boots. They were cherry picking all game and we lost. Not gonna make excuses cause we didn't adapt and dudes had stamina for days.

Same park

I've also been part of a game where some dude kept fouling one dude hard. checking him bumping him all day And he was going over the back all day on him. Well the guy getting fouled subbed out and when the guy fouling went up for a rebound the other dude rushed him and stabbed him. I was like 14 and these dudes were in their 30s. This park was so ghetto they used to fight dogs at this park lol.

It's dangerous playing with dudes who can't play. They can hurt someone or cause a fight. Main reason I don't run pick up too much these days. It's not even dirty play they just suck and play out of control.

You usually know who these dudes are right away. They're the white guys with Asics on.

How about the old white dudes that never get tired...and you can't leave them open. They constantly just running around the court in circles...can't put the ball on the floor...but cash in open jumpers :lol:.

Also, the "buddy ball" dudes are the worst.

You usually know who these dudes are right away. They're the white guys with Asics on.
That's not all of them.

What I dislike is when people dip their shoulder when setting a screen and they tell that's how they set screens so 'deal with it'. 
mean.gif

Hate when dudes can't defend you so whenever you blow past them, they grab your shirt/body from behind and when you call them out they act like nothing happened.

The absolute worse is when somebody is on fastbreak and you swat the **** outta their layup/block attempt and you get all ball but they call foul because they embarrased. Happens way too often  
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

The absolute worse is when somebody is on fastbreak and you swat the **** outta their layup/block attempt and you get all ball but they call foul because they embarrased. Happens way too often  
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
That is annoying.

If a girl is on the court, is it fair game to block her shots?

I played a pick up game at 24 and the chick on the other team was running point. She leaked out for the fast break, I caught up and swatted her. Then everyone was given me crap for it except for the girl. 

Wth, man!

Last edited:
That is annoying.

I played a pick up game at 24 and the chick on the other team was running point. She leaked out for the fast break, I caught up and swatted her. Then everyone was given me crap for it except for the girl. 

Wth, man!

Was the girl Tory Lanez ?

How bout ***** who shoot an air ball....and immediately wince, say damn....and wipe their hands off like the ball was wet or something

:lol:

One thing I notice is when people play in nba player shoes, they think they gon ball like them. I call it the Like Mike syndrome. Years ago, I had Kobes on and the bro was begging to wear them :lol:

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
That is annoying.

Wth, man!
roll.gif
 Man you gotta play them like a guy cause that's what makes them better. if I'm a girl hooping with dudes I wouldn't want anyone taking it easy on me (pause doe)

How about the old white dudes that never get tired...and you can't leave them open. They constantly just running around the court in circles...can't put the ball on the floor...but cash in open jumpers :lol:.

Also, the "buddy ball" dudes are the worst.

I dont' know what's worse, when they are on the same team and only pass to each other. Or when they are on different teams and "guard" each other. I score on you and you score on me. Or if they miss a shot while guarding each other they say my bad man ball up top. In the gyms that I frequent if we see them guarding each other, we switch that matchup immediatley. Nobody is trying to lose because you don't want to play defense on your homeboy.

Last edited:
That is annoying.

Wth, man!

Block that

I'm like MJ, I'm playing to win

How bout ***** who shoot an air ball....and immediately wince, say damn....and wipe their hands off like the ball was wet or something

laugh.gif
Shoot 

Miss horribly

Kiss teeth  and go "ah" like you hurt yourself

Wipe imaginary substance off of hands

Crack fingers and examine for imaginary injuries

Stare at palms and squint at imaginary scrape or cut

The on the court GM is the worst. :lol:  I remember I ran like 8 games with this dude, lost our last game, instead of him just waiting for us to keep our team together son somehow slick talked his way onto the team that beat us. Dude only plays on stacked teams like Lebron. 
It's dangerous playing with dudes who can't play. They can hurt someone or cause a fight. Main reason I don't run pick up too much these days. It's not even dirty play they just suck and play out of control.

or them Polynesion/Pacific Islanders. Them dudes are sturdy and rough as ****. :lol:

Yooooo one time I was trying to set a pick on Polynesion/Pacific Islander, and instead of going around he dipped his shoulder and pushed me into the dude who shot the ball. After the game I told him don't ever do that ish again. He just smiled at me knowing damn well that was the adrenaline talking and that I really didn't want any smoke with him.

If I have a chance to pick up one of my Uso brothas I will. They may not be the tallest, but their post game/footwork is Zack Randolph like. They are excellent passers out the post like Marc Gasol, and they set illegal KG screens to free the shooters.

Football esque basketball players. They literally can only succeed when it is pickup hoops and they get away with constant fouling. They dip shoulder, hold on screens, etc etc. Love having them on my team though since sometimes the only way to defend an extremely good offensive player is to put one of those sorts on him so he gets frustrated with all the fouling and becomes passive/jump shooter.

Favorite thing is when a legitimately big guy steps up though and all that foul stuff doesn't work because now they are too little. They look embarrassed out there.

Back
Top Bottom