Basketball ...without backboard what you think NT

I was thinking about this yesterday as I was shooting around
laugh.gif

I like being able to bank shots when needed

^ From what I've seen, people who hate seeing bank shots hate them because they think it's luck.

Three names I bring up constantly when I hear that: Pippen, Duncan, Sheed. Dudes lived off the glass...

... but it's luck.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Durden7

That looks like fun.

I hate playing with people who constantly bank shots.
Why is that?
laugh.gif
I know it takes skill to bank a shot, but I just feel like people who always bank shots are taking the cheap way out and dont have the skills needed.  I understand the need for bank shots, but when people bank jumpers from 18 ft out is annoying.

It would also eliminate those banked 3s that I hate too.

He said rims instead of backboards.
roll.gif

If there was no backboard, then there would be a lot less "lucky" shots....but on the other hand, there's more space to dunk or lay in the ball...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

That looks like fun.

I hate playing with people who constantly bank shots.
Why is that?
laugh.gif
I know it takes skill to bank a shot, but I just feel like people who always bank shots are taking the cheap way out and dont have the skills needed.  I understand the need for bank shots, but when people bank jumpers from 18 ft out is annoying.

It would also eliminate those banked 3s that I hate too.

I actually think the opposite. If someone is shooting bank shots I assume they have practiced that shot a lot and I don't attribute it to luck at all. Nor do I feel it is cheap either. I understand what you are saying though.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ From what I've seen, people who hate seeing bank shots hate them because they think it's luck.

Three names I bring up constantly when I hear that: Pippen, Duncan, Sheed. Dudes lived off the glass...

... but it's luck.
laugh.gif

I do think its luck. 
laugh.gif

(Not referring to NBA players though, im talking about pick up games.)

I actually think the opposite. If someone is shooting bank shots I assume they have practiced that shot a lot and I don't attribute it to luck at all. Nor do I feel it is cheap either. I understand what you are saying though.
Even on a recreational level?  There's less accuracy needed with a bank shot which is why I think its easier and cheap.

It would weed out the scrubs who always seem to hit a game winning shot on some wild hook-shot bank-shot three.

^yes cuz that just always happens, and since they can no longer always make their wild game winning banked hook shot 3 it would then force them to quit basketball
pimp.gif

... but it's luck.
laugh.gif

I do think its luck. 
laugh.gif

Even on a recreational level?  There's less accuracy needed with a bank shot which is why I think its easier and cheap.

I beg to differ. bank shot or regular shot takes skill.

regular shot or bank shot, doesn't matter, both require the same sort of accuracy.

bank shots, however, are much more forgiving if you shoot it too strong

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

... but it's luck.
laugh.gif

I do think its luck. 
laugh.gif

I beg to differ. bank shot or regular shot takes skill.

You must have missed the post where I said the shot takes skill.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ so many whistles, and the way the defense just stands there while they collect themselves and calmly shoot a set shot from like 2 feet away
laugh.gif

Guaranteed the dudes complaining about lucky bank shots, can't hit them with the consistency of the dudes they're complaining about. Yeah sometimes dudes get lucky and throw it up and bank it in, but if a dudes hitting it on you to the point you gotta complain it's a cheap shot it's not luck fam.

Back
Top Bottom