batman trilogy >..............

The Batman trilogy is as much better than Godfather I and II as Drake is better than The Beatles, and there is no doubt in my mind that some of the members of this forum feel this way.

The Batman movies are a great piece of craft. Godfather I and II are film making art.

The fact that both The Dark Knight/Rises movies have a higher rating at IMDB.com than any Stanley Kubrick or Alfred Hitchcock movie ever shows just how ridiculous movie tastes are today and how much kids determine how movies are made.

Last edited:
The Batman trilogy is as much better than Godfather I and II as Drake is better than The Beatles, and there is no doubt in my mind that some of the members of this forum feel this way.
The Batman movies are a great piece of craft. Godfather I and II are film making art.
The fact that both The Dark Knight/Rises movies have a higher rating at IMDB.com than any Stanley Kubrick or Alfred Hitchcock movie ever shows just how ridiculous movie tastes are today and how much kids determine how movies are made.

qft

indifferent.gif

:rofl: @the fact that you're using iMDB scores as measuring sticks.

:rofl: @the fact that you're using iMDB scores as measuring sticks.

I'm not using them as measuring sticks. I'm using them to point out just how highly these movies are rated by other people who actually do use IMDB as measuring sticks.

There is only one measuring stick in movies today - box office $$$. That's why every major director is aiming to make the perfect lowest common denominator movie and nobody is trying to make something daring, something that just might prove to be ahead of its time.

Last edited:
I don't think Batman Begins was a bad movie. The thing that sucks more is we've heard this story so many times over with his parents being killed and how he became Batman and a forced to be recognized. It's just rehashing the same story but with a different look. Granted this movie did shed light on the Ra's al Ghul story but it didn't make the movie anymore interesting the others.

I always wished Tim Burton and Michael Keaton did Batman 3 rather then Joel Schumacher. I think that trilogy would have been just as good as the new Batman trilogy. It had a look and was pretty dark considering it looked way different then the sitcom series. Plus the acting was amazing with Jack Nicholson, Danny Devito and Michelle Pfeiffer. Batman Forever & Batman and Robin just had to come in and screw it all up.

I don't think Batman Begins was a bad movie. The thing that sucks more is we've heard this story so many times over with his parents being killed and how he became Batman and a forced to be recognized. It's just rehashing the same story but with a different look. Granted this movie did shed light on the Ra's al Ghul story but it didn't make the movie anymore interesting the others.
I always wished Tim Burton and Michael Keaton did Batman 3 rather then Joel Schumacher. I think that trilogy would have been just as good as the new Batman trilogy. It had a look and was pretty dark considering it looked way different then the sitcom series. Plus the acting was amazing with Jack Nicholson, Danny Devito and Michelle Pfeiffer. Batman Forever & Batman and Robin just had to come in and screw it all up.

A girl told me last week Batman & Robin was her favorite and she hated TDK. At that point I just had to say good bye and hang up the phone

I respect what your complaint is, but you're taking away the fact that these are great movies just because they're new. Memento as well as TDK are both masterpiece's in film making, and it goes beyond Heath's brilliant performance in TDK. It's also unfair that YOU make the comparison between him and Kubrick/Hitchcock. Anyone with an account can rate on IMDB, so why use that as your platform? Im sure Nolan himself would laugh if he heard anyone say he was better than Kubrick anyway.

And mjpaftermath04 I don't get your avy. Kobe was an honors student, scored high on his SAT, and planned on going to Duke before the NBA.

Last edited:

That always happens when a big movie comes out because all of the fanboys go to IMDB and rate the flicks 10/10 so that they sail up the charts.

In reality the concept of any Batman movie being better than The Shining is completely preposterous.

How many definitions of trilogy do you know?

like a dude said above. time lapses can interrupt what i view as a trilogy.

I guess my gripe is mainly w these new superhero flicks.

Did the director intend on the films to be a trilogy or are movies given sequels and third films bc of bank.

Lucas for example intended star wars to be a trilogy.

I can discern between trilogies and a series of three movies under a flagship.

get it slow poke?

That always happens when a big movie comes out because all of the fanboys go to IMDB and rate the flicks 10/10 so that they sail up the charts.
In reality the concept of any Batman movie being better than The Shining is completely preposterous.

That was kind of my point. One of those types of fanboys created this very thread. The new Batman movie is hyped like insane now. Let's see how it holds up 20-30 years from now. The Shining was neither a box office success nor had great reviews when it first came out, but then its rep gradually grew because it was ahead of its time. It is completely timeless. This current wave of superhero movies are well made, but ultimately nothing but popcorn entertainment movies that are made for the lowest common denominator and box office dollars.

Godfather I and II are widely considered the greatest pieces of film in american history....
And it has been mentioned here before, although Godfather III wasn't no where near as good as Godfather I and II, it wasn't a horrible movie.
What made it weak compared to the others were...
1. Sophia Coppola acting
2. Huge time gap
3. Irrelevant sub plots
However, Andy Garcia was amazing in it, and although it wasn't the best way to end it, it was somewhat fitting.

All of this. Also as previously stated when Joey Zasa killed all the bosses was epic THAT WAS A BOSS MOVE. I'm convinced people **** on Part III because everybody else has. And as films Batman Begins being weak is subjective. But to the comic book fan that was a perfectly executed film as an origin story.

All of this. Also as previously stated when Joey Zasa killed all the bosses was epic THAT WAS A BOSS MOVE. I'm convinced people **** on Part III because everybody else has. And as films Batman Begins being weak is subjective. But to the comic book fan that was a perfectly executed film as an origin story.

It was not Joey Zasa that masterminded the hit though. Now Vincent's plan for revenge at the end was pretty good. The gripe I have against the third is how quickly Vincent became the head of the Corleone family. Compared to what Vito and Michael did and endured Vincent basically had it handed to him. Sonny's boy or not.

It was not Joey Zasa that masterminded the hit though. Now Vincent's plan for revenge at the end was pretty good. The gripe I have against the third is how quickly Vincent became the head of the Corleone family. Compared to what Vito and Michael did and endured Vincent basically had it handed to him. Sonny's boy or not.

Valid point, Michael however became head of the family pretty quick as well. Remember after Sonny died he came back to America and he was head of the family within a year or two. Yes Vincent came to power real quick but it was basically because the head of the family was vacant, Michael was basically retired so he slid right in. I mean that is what I think.

Like I said, Godfather III was **** compared to the first two because the first two were so ******g good, however Godfather III was a decent movie

The Dark Knight Rises = Batman Begins w/ diff characters. Movie was ill, I'll even call it great, but as a series that's better than GF series?...nope.

I've never seen The Godfather so I can't comment, but to me it's better than any other trilogy.

I don't know. How can you guys really compare? I'm not a critic like that. What I will say is that Godfather appeared to regress with the series, whereas Batman progressed. That's my opinion of it, but it doesn't make either any better then the other for me.

Back
Top Bottom