batman trilogy >..............

One day I will watch a full lotr movie. I'm like 0-5 for now. Cant get into it. I didnt see godfather 1 and 2 so batman's the greatest to me

not really the same thing man. Different things are expected from a great Spider-man movie than a great Batman movie. Spider-man 2 is generally looked at as an all time great comic book movie.
I dont understand. How are they not the same?

Both fight crime

Both orphans

Both swing from buildings

Its not like Im comparing Shawshank Redemption and Fast Five

Super hero movie is a super hero movie

Nolan just put a darker spin on it and IMO did a better job than anyone.

Where would the Ice Age trilogy rank? Part 1 was kinda too serious but 2 and 3 were borderline genius. And also, the Bourne trilogy has to be up there too.

Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, LOTR, The Matrix, Indiana Jones, Aliens, and only if Terminator had a third part (not that weak crap that came out a few years ago) are all extremely solid trilogies is put up there with Nolan's Batman

Not that far fetched to compare it to the greatest films ever. His character development, dialog, plot growth, action sequences, emotion themes. Man is a genius and a I feel spoiled watching his movies. He's yet to make a less than great movie.. think about that. I really hope he does the next Bond movie(he's said its a dream of his)

Last edited:
I will ride with Godfather I and II for life. The last 2 Batman movies were amazing but Batman Begins is equivalent to Godfather Part III. Ain't no movie touching the first 2 Godfather films though. NONE.

Last edited:
Honestly GODFATHER is the better TRILLO.G.Y (yes I know it's trilogy.)

Godfather 3 is a movie I think is underrated. It isn't as weak as everyone says. It is obviously not on the same level as godf 1&2 but it is above average.

Batman trilogy is up there but godfather trilogy is a CLASSIC.

I will ride with Godfather I and II for life. The last 2 Batman movies were amazing but Batman Begins is equivalent to Godfather Part III. Ain't no movie touching the first 2 Godfather films though. NONE.

I think you need to rewatch it. The way Nolan portrayed Bruce Wayne's origin into the Batman through the fear theme was amazing. Beautiful shot as well. If you didn't like it, thank Katie Holmes :x

I think you need to rewatch it. The way Nolan portrayed Bruce Wayne's origin into the Batman through the fear theme was amazing. Beautiful shot as well. If you didn't like it, thank Katie Holmes :x

Not saying I didn't like Batman Begins, I do but in my opinion it's the weakest of the 3 films just like Godfather Part III is to the first two. Take also into consideration that the first two Godfather films are certified timeless classics. Only way to truly know the answer is to wait like 30, 40 years and see who's still holding up.

Last edited:
The Empire Strikes back is ******** on every movie named in this thread.

LOTR's is the best trilogy, but Star Wars is the illest series.
Let TDK trilogy get some age before giving it a crown. Let it stand the test of time.

Homie brought up Ice Age trilogy in the discussion LOLOL...

Avenger is all hype. Movie just felt like Iron man 3...

Godfather I and II are widely considered the greatest pieces of film in american history....

And it has been mentioned here before, although Godfather III wasn't no where near as good as Godfather I and II, it wasn't a horrible movie.

What made it weak compared to the others were...

1. Sophia Coppola acting

2. Huge time gap

3. Irrelevant sub plots

However, Andy Garcia was amazing in it, and although it wasn't the best way to end it, it was somewhat fitting.

You can't compare both trilogy's in my eyes. For gods sake Batman is a superhero/action movie made and created in the 2000's.

Many people are not intellectually sound to understand and fall in amazement with the Godfather. I've heard many people say The Godfather is too complex, it's boring, etc. The Godfather to me is the most beautiful cinematic art piece ever created, it was ahead of its time.

This new Batman trilogy is unique from any other superhero movie, Nolan decided to include Darkness and Climactic Drama, sound familiar? Every other superhero movie before hand was cheesy and unoriginal. Nolan gets respect, no doubt Batman trilogy is the best Superhero movies of all time but better than the Godfather? No chance, Mane.

This thread is just full of a bunch FAILS for a lot of reasons.

-Comparing the 2 movie trilogy's which are totally different genres.
-The generation gap between the 2 trilogy's.

Back
Top Bottom