Batman vs Superman vol. Reasons why Superman would win

Do you agree with the top 10 reasons from the video?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Science-wise, yes. Tactics-wise, no.
When I say smarter I mean overall. Not just some limited category. I mean all encompassig smarter. Superman is not human. So even trying to compare his intelligence to the smartest humans is a joke. There are no tactics beating the smartest and most powerful person on the planet, logically speaking.

I mean if he really wanted Bruce would be dead before any of that prep time.

But it's not like Supes is written that way consistently, so bring on the kryptonite gadgets and silly pics of gov't stooge Superman getting beat up by senior citizen Batman after being hit by nukes.

People like to joke about the whole prep time thing, but I feel like you fail to realize the reason behind why we say it is because Bruce is an every day human being, he's mortal. He's not a God, he doesn't have any kind of super abilities, he's simply a highly trained and extremely intelligent man. Of course he would need prep time to go against these superheroes. 

This debate, unlike the whole Iron Man thread, is documented well in comics over the years and we've seen how it has went down. At the end of the day, as much as they dislike each other at times, Clark is probably the closest thing Bruce has to a "friend". Superman won't kill Batman, even when he knows he could, and that is where Bats finds a weakness. Superman will restrain himself from using all of his power, while Batman will go balls to the wall with what you see in the above video from The Dark Knight Returns, his kryptonite ring (see Hush) or use rays of light comparable to Superman's native sun to drain his powers (see Superman: Red Son). With all of that being said, and go ahead and get your jokes out now, "with prep time", Bruce can and has found multiple ways of weakening and defeating Superman.

Now, if you want to go off into some random alternate universe and say Superman gives not a single f***k, then yes, out of the blue getting the jump on Batman, Superman will absolutely kill him. No questions asked. But the reality of it is, Superman would never get to that point to want to kill Batman so that whole point is moot. 

Stop referring to Superman as a man.

Superman is a man he is just not human.

Merriam Webster:
Man:
a (1) : an individual human; especially : an adult male human (2) : a man belonging to a particular category (as by birth, residence, membership, or occupation) —usually used in combination (3) : husband (4) : lover
b : the human race : humankind

Last edited:
People like to joke about the whole prep time thing, but I feel like you fail to realize the reason behind why we say it is because Bruce is an every day human being, he's mortal. He's not a God, he doesn't have any kind of super abilities, he's simply a highly trained and extremely intelligent man. Of course he would need prep time to go against these superheroes. 

This debate, unlike the whole Iron Man thread, is documented well in comics over the years and we've seen how it has went down. At the end of the day, as much as they dislike each other at times, Clark is probably the closest thing Bruce has to a "friend". Superman won't kill Batman, even when he knows he could, and that is where Bats finds a weakness. Superman will restrain himself from using all of his power, while Batman will go balls to the wall with what you see in the above video from The Dark Knight Returns, his kryptonite ring (see Hush) or use rays of light comparable to Superman's native sun to drain his powers (see Superman: Red Son). With all of that being said, and go ahead and get your jokes out now, "with prep time", Bruce can and has found multiple ways of weakening and defeating Superman.

Now, if you want to go off into some random alternate universe and say Superman gives not a single f***k, then yes, out of the blue getting the jump on Batman, Superman will absolutely kill him. No questions asked. But the reality of it is, Superman would never get to that point to want to kill Batman so that whole point is moot. 

So what you're saying is Superman can beat Batman, easily, but just refuses to?

Sounds like the end of the debate to me. Superman can beat Batman.

If it's a straight-up spontaneous fight, Bats can get ethered easily. If he's given ample time to prepare, he might be able to hold his own.

Batman doesn't need to prep time. Pretty sure that ***** has thought about killing superman already has the means to do it in his belt at all times.

Luthor vs Batman would be impressive. I think they've done that in the comics before, but I'd love to see it animated?

How could you prep for superman (in his strongest form) clapping from space and exploding earth, warping time, or anything of the sort?

Batman doesn't need to prep time. Pretty sure that ***** has thought about killing superman already has the means to do it in his belt at all times.

Luthor vs Batman would be impressive. I think they've done that in the comics before, but I'd love to see it animated?

True. He does carry kryptonite in his belt all the time. But still, the element of surprise + added prep time would give him a definite advantage/equal footing against Superman. The perfect example for this one would be their fight in TDKR.

Luthor vs Bats would be interesting, but Bats still has the advantage though.

:lol:

Superman would rip Batman's head off before he even thought of reaching for his belt.

EDIT

Didn't even see the comic proof posted.

I hope we can move on now.

Last edited:
I can't see this video (I'm at work) but I've had this argument plenty of times. Didn't Batman whup his *** already? It's a good argument. In theory it would be a cakewalk for Superman but when he got the brakes beat off him by Batman, I was like :wow:

Back
Top Bottom