Baton Rouge - 3 police killed, 7 shot

From the White House

“I condemn, in the strongest sense of the word, the attack on law enforcement in Baton Rouge. For the second time in two weeks, police officers who put their lives on the line for ours every day were doing their job when they were killed in a cowardly and reprehensible assault. These are attacks on public servants, on the rule of law, and on civilized society, and they have to stop.

I’ve offered my full support, and the full support of the federal government, to Governor Edwards, Mayor Holden, the Sheriff’s Office, and the Baton Rouge Police Department. And make no mistake – justice will be done.

We may not yet know the motives for this attack, but I want to be clear: there is no justification for violence against law enforcement. None. These attacks are the work of cowards who speak for no one. They right no wrongs. They advance no causes. The officers in Baton Rouge; the officers in Dallas – they were our fellow Americans, part of our community, part of our country, with people who loved and needed them, and who need us now – all of us – to be at our best.

Today, on the Lord’s day, all of us stand united in prayer with the people of Baton Rouge, with the police officers who’ve been wounded, and with the grieving families of the fallen. May God bless them all”.

Last edited:
Thats why i dont mess with social media man, ***** all fake to me. The same cowards who run their mouth behind a screen WONT DARE say any of this **** in person. Disgusting man.

It's beyond tiring to hear about how acknowledging the deep flaws in the system = inciting violence against law enforcement according to so many sws preaching "All Lives matter" :smh:

It's such a lazy and intellectually dishonest leap in logic

Last edited:
Thats why i dont mess with social media man, ***** all fake to me. The same cowards who run their mouth behind a screen WONT DARE say any of this **** in person. Disgusting man.

So they can get harmed by people who don't share the same opinion?

Crazy how people find any angle possible to discredit the Obamas. Even heard people throwing shade at Michele because 'the pokemon game got people more Active in a week than she did in 8 years'.

This country was "founded" on murder and robbery and was built on unethical and heinous labor practices.

We're distracted with some of the best entertainment that money can buy, but it solves NOTHING.

This racial tension is centuries in the making, and what we're experiencing is the echoes of their wrongdoings.

Blacks were f****d over more than any other race in this country, (followed by native Americans) and in many cases we still are.

This is a f***** up country that believes in putting up a good front.

It's beyond tiring to hear about how acknowledging the deep flaws in the system = inciting violence against law enforcement according to so many sws preaching "All Lives matter" :smh:

It's such a lazy and intellectually dishonest leap in logic

Piss poor. :smh:

View media item 2103329
[emoji]128532[/emoji]

Because of my business in friends with a lot of well to do folks online.

They are saying crazy stuff right now man.

Not surprised at all.

Not sure how credible this is...

Whoa. @PeteWilliamsNBC saying police in #BatonRouge looking for someone who's part of right-wing sovereign citizens movement.

If true, that would certainly change the narrative....

Not sure how credible this is...
If true, that would certainly change the narrative....

That's not stopping people from blaming "thugs" for the shooting . They need to update the story with that information on all networks . I feel some corn ball is gonna shoot up a blm crowd soon with all this going on and get a number 2 at Burger King before going to jail .

Kristen Johanson ?@KristenJohanson
@CBSNews has confirmed the #BatonRouge shooter as Gavin Eugene Long, now deceased 3 officers dead, 3 others wounded. No active shooter

AM 760 KFMB ?@760kfmb 7m7 minutes ago #BatonRouge suspect--Gavin Eugene Long, a black male from K.C. Long was also a former Marine.

:smh:

Last edited:
So they can get harmed by people who don't share the same opinion?

I'm quoting this bc I can relate to this form of social media or Internet courage really, and and then asking why the same sentiments don't manifest themselves in casual convo/ everyday life. It's not to incite a violent outcome but to put these issues on the table, and have a civilized discussion- in a peaceful manner. Of course I can only speak for my self.

I'm hearing mixed reports on the race of shooter. I've heard that he's white and also heard that he's black. Hmm...

Back
Top Bottom