Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Carver

Man, yesterday it ran flawlessly for me online.. I don't remember going through the ground yesterday
laugh.gif

Today though
30t6p3b.gif
is unplayable they need to fix this #@*! asap
EDIT: whether that's console or pc 
sick.gif

game has crashed on me 3 times already, origin trying to launch the game 8 times
indifferent.gif

This same #@$% is happening to me.. Origin trying to open it 5 times

360 folks, does it look better than BC2? that's all that really matters to me graphics wise. i haven't watched a lot of bf3 videos because i've been trying to keep my expectations low
30t6p3b.gif

and it goes open beta tomorrow right?

Beta is open for everyone tomorrow yup

And the COD vs BF c'mon guys let's just enjoy what we got here.. when mw3 drops maybe you can compare but for now both games aren't even out yet so.. let's just play and have some fun
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 at people complaining about the console graphics and how BF3 looks the same as CoD.  Obviously they're going to look similiar you're using outdated technology on a platform that has plateaued on what it can do.  Until a new console is released every AAA game is going to look nearly the same graphically.  The selling point of the console version of BF3 is to showcase large maps with vehicle combat as well as supporting a higher number of players per game.  Which is something CoD doesn't offer.

modern-warfare-3-mp.jpg

vs

(Yes this is console)

I picked a random gameplay from youtube... This is exactly what i see when im playing BF3 on the PS3

PC BF3

Spoiler [+]
bf32.jpg

Spoiler [+]
bf33.jpg

Cmon son.... �

Anyone know what time it is releasing on PSN tonight for regular users? Midnight?

Thanks.

PO

Most likely Sony is going to do the same thing they did to us (48hr guys) make you wait til the PM .. Well at least they should so they to honor the 48hr early access..
laugh.gif

Thanks December for the info & the review a few pages back too!
pimp.gif

I have never played a BF game, so I'm elated to see what kind of perspective Part. 3 will bring to new adopters!

PO

^CoD looks like a comic book.

What time is the PC Open Beta up? It's already 8:30 in the morning on the 29th over here and I'm headed off to work.
nerd.gif

6-12 hours at the earliest if they hold true to the 48 hour rule. Though like Calm said it should be more like 18 hours since we didn't get full access til mid afternoon lol

^ PO there is a bit of a learning curve, but if you don't go all one-man-army and be a team player, you'd be having no problems with the game.

And btw, please use your headsets!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Vendetta

laugh.gif
 at people complaining about the console graphics and how BF3 looks the same as CoD.  Obviously they're going to look similiar you're using outdated technology on a platform that has plateaued on what it can do.  Until a new console is released every AAA game is going to look nearly the same graphically.  The selling point of the console version of BF3 is to showcase large maps with vehicle combat as well as supporting a higher number of players per game.  Which is something CoD doesn't offer.
I could care less if this game was stick figures. It was the fact that EA and DICE kept ramming "best looking game on console" down our throats.... for this? Don't get my hopes up then not deliver. Crysis kills this game in the FPS genre, and I dont even want to bring Uncharted into it.
Also, December, put those two screens side-by-side and honestly tell me how BF3 looks better than that MW3 screen. I just don't think you can be objective. 
laugh.gif

Listen, I'm not knocking this game at all, its alot of fun and has really surprised me with how fun the gameplay is. But lets be honest with ourselves here. 

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ PO there is a bit of a learning curve, but if you don't go all one-man-army and be a team player, you'd be having no problems with the game.

laugh.gif

i get quite whenever i play
laugh.gif
my dude i play with always checking if im still online.

if you see me online, hit me up for a game. you can join our platoon
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by Vendetta

laugh.gif
I could care less if this game was stick figures. It was the fact that EA and DICE kept ramming "best looking game on console" down our throats.... for this? Don't get my hopes up then not deliver. Crysis kills this game in the FPS genre, and I dont even want to bring Uncharted into it.
Also, December, put those two screens side-by-side and honestly tell me how BF3 looks better than that MW3 screen. I just don't think you can be objective. 
laugh.gif

Listen, I'm not knocking this game at all, its alot of fun and has really surprised me with how fun the gameplay is. But lets be honest with ourselves here. 
you do understand that BF3 has destructible environments and maps 5-6 times larger that that of COD or any other FPS and still is capable of putting out that kind of graphics?

inb4 "i dont give a damn how big the maps are or if trees can fall over"

i love the descrutible environments.. even when idiots decide to knock down a tree in my line of fire and make me have to move
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Most likely Sony is going to do the same thing they did to us (48hr guys) make you wait til the PM .. Well at least they should so they to honor the 48hr early access..
laugh.gif

we getting it as soon as the store updates itself same as ever

If we're going to compare pictures lets at least be fair and not judge a user pic vs a development team released pic.  CoD is meant to look like a hollywood movie, big explosions, high octane action, etc that's one of their selling points. 

WitnessMyCalm21 wrote:

modern-warfare-3-mp.jpg

BF3-screenshot-22.jpg

Yuku quotes messin up...  I posted the top message and lower pic lol

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

you do understand that BF3 has destructible environments and maps 5-6 times larger that that of COD or any other FPS and still is capable of putting out that kind of graphics?

Oh really? Thanks, tips.
That's all well and good. I am just saying that EA and DICE promised something amazing and delivered something great. That is all.

And because I'm calling it great, and not amazing, you feel you need to defend them by saying, "Well it has this, this, this, and this, so be happy with what you have." Get outta here.

This isn't about Call of Duty comparisons, it's about expectations that EA themselves set and did not live up to (on console).

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

laugh.gif

Cool. I stay hiding anyway until I figure out the controls!

I let #$$%!+ like Empire/December dominate, while I clean up!
roll.gif

PO

^ Actually, you can spot enemies at the very least to help out your team... just need to figure out how to spot on PC. I find myself pressing that "Select" button even during Black Ops.
laugh.gif

Anyway, was browsing the BF3 site, and came across this:

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefi...5140aRCRD&propertiesClose=true&spfMask=00000#
IN WHAT TERRITORIES IS THE BETA AVAILABLE?
THE BETA IS AVAILABLE in North America, South America, Europe, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Asia (PC only).

Good thing I just built a PC recently, or else I'd be waiting another month for it on the PS3. 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

EDIT: I do have a US PSN account; I wonder if that works.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom