Battlefield 4: The Thread

I've come to the conclusion that BF3 was the alpha for BF4.

It similar enough yet improved with more features. Seems a lot less clunkier

This game is looking too good to pass up.

Can someone verify, is this game both first person and third person depending on your settings? I was searching but couldnt get a straight answer. Whats spectator mode?

Spectator mode= watch a match through the eyes of any player. You won't be able to switch to 3rd person when playing the game, that's just an additional spectator mode camera.

Spectator Mode will play a pivotal role in our support of the competitive gaming scene, and we also recognize that many players will use it to make great “Only in Battlefield” videos, analyze the game, learn how to become better players, and seeing the “Only in Battlefield” moments in great Battlefield 4 matches.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2925730256710580383/

Last edited:
Spectator mode= watch a match through the eyes of any player. You won't be able to switch to 3rd person when playing the game, that's just an additional spectator mode camera.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2925730256710580383/

To add to that, you do have sort of a limited third-person view when you're in a vehicle. That is, if they continue doing it that like in Battlefield 3.

I hope you can spectate while waiting for queues. Even Premium can have queues sometimes. :lol:

If I preorder BF3 or any other game offering special content will my friend who I share games with be able to take advantage of it as well?

Well, if you share the log-in details/an account, yeah. You can just log into Origin on any PC and download Battlefield. But only one device/person can use the account to play at a time. Pretty convenient if you just happen to be over at a friend's place to kill some time. :lol:

Obliteration seems like a decent game mode.

That handgun isn't half-bad at all... :nerd: Looks like the weapons now have some kick. Hopefully they don't get nerfed to death eventually.

Finally you can shoot while in the water! It would be sad if it didn't, since Arma III allows you to do that.

^^^nice....look like me on ps3 bf3
glasses.gif

just hate when half the team got stingers

All the footage so far is PC footage on Max settings. Console versions will be a notch or two below.

Still should look quite good. I played the hell out out of BF3 on high-ish settings and got nowhere near 60 FPS, so I'm not worried.

They showed off BF3 like that too, not too much we still got 2 months until the game releases, you never know what version they had out at that time for consoles. BF3 looked great on PS3 IMO, I'm not worried at all

All i know is that BF4 is going to look and play much better on next gen consoles than BF3 does on concole right now.

Much better graphics (compared to BF3 on Ps3/X360)
32v32
60 FPS
And now just new ****...

Yes please..

Loving the dynamic weather changes and how it actually influences the environment :pimp:

And I hope Gamestop allows more games to follow suit in regards to upgrading from current gen to next gen.

If I buy for 360 I can get it for xb1 when I need it?

All the footage so far is PC footage on Max settings. Console versions will be a notch or two below.

Still should look quite good. I played the hell out out of BF3 on high-ish settings and got nowhere near 60 FPS, so I'm not worried.

Those who probably bought GPUs from the past two years should work fine. Just switched my motherboard and CPU recently after a friend bought off my old mobo and cpu, so I should be good this year. Hopefully still above 60fps. Managing around 85fps on BF3 maxed out of the moment with no overclock.

EA: Battlefield unlikely to be annualized

The Battlefield series is unlikely to become an annualized franchise like Call of Duty, developer DICE has told VideoGamer in a new interview from Gamescom.

"I think the core Battlefield idea that we're working on at DICE is… We can't build a game at DICE every year," Battlefield 4 executive producer Patrick Bach said when asked if a new Battlefield game could launch in 2014.

Bach pointed to Battlefield 3 and its Premium content offering as an example proving that, in general, fans "want Battlefield all year round."

With the Medal of Honor series taken out of rotation following lower-than-expected sales of Warfighter, EA has no major shooter penciled in for fall 2014.

Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall will launch in spring 2014, while Star Wars: Battlefront is aiming for a summer 2015 release.

Instead of releasing standalone titles on a semi-regular basis, Bach was asked if the Battlefield series may one day evolve into a platform that grows with new maps and campaigns.

"Maybe it [could]," Bach said. "You're touching upon something that we've actually started noticing as well. Maybe it's a really smart thing to do; maybe it's the completely wrong thing to do. We can see that some games are actually doing it already, like MMOs. You have some free-to-play games [that] continue on the same platform. So I think it's more about the audience and getting all the ducks in a row, so to speak."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-battlefield-unlikely-to-be-annualized-6413716

I'd rather not have a game release every year. I wish other develops would do the same. Just come back with a more improved game every 2 years.. *coughs*Madden*coughs*.

Any of you guys hopping on this week's Beta? Hopefully Battlelog still works as it is and we can just hop onto a server. Add me up. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom