Bay Area Artists/Rappers Appreciation VOL. Non-hyphy

^not that ive heard of, alot of albums by bay area rappers seem to get postponed a lot tho. gets annoying

i mess with this man

l_7baf6cf896a4dbf5f14c1d6661d2679f.jpg

Originally Posted by ThEbAyKiD415

^yea nicky t is a legend. been around for so long but not many people know about him. i never really got into his music but im gonna try to, anyone got suggestions on what albums to get?
yeah I Hate You With a Passion, New Jim Jones, Conversation With a Devil, Hell's Kitchen, Bullets Blunts N Ah Big Bank Roll, Midnight MafchineRhymes and Alibis, and the Horns & Halos trilogy are all good

EAGLE 0N wrote: As for the post - Here's some bay classics that I'd recommend:
E-40: In A Major Way, Hall of Game, Element of Surprise
The Click - Game Related
Mac Dre - Young Black Brotha, Stupid Doo Doo Dumb (pre-hyphy stuff)
Mac Mall - Untouchable, Illegal Business
Luniz - Operation Stackola, Lunatik Muzik (I think they're 2nd album is kinda slept on)
RBL Posse - Ruthless By Law, A Lesson To Be Learned
Rappin 4 Tay - Don't Fight The Feelin
Too $hort- (Too many to list)
Hieroglyphics - 3rd Eye Vision
Souls of Mischief -93 Til' Infinity
Casual - Fear Itself
Pep Love - Ascension
Del - No Need 4 Alarm, Future Development, Both Sides of the Brain
The Grouch - Making Perfect Sense
Zion I - (All 3 of their albums are pretty good)
B Legit - The Hemp Museum
Yukmouth - Godzilla ( I swear dude's be hating on this but I think its
smokin.gif
)
17 Reasons
Rompalation Vol.1
Andre Nikatina
San Quinn & Messy Marv - Exlosive Mode
Rasco - Time Waits...
U.D.I. -Drinks On Us (omg, this is some straight hood classic shh
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
)
JT The Bigga Figga
Dru Down

wow...just too many name. Lotta versatility and longevity for some of the artists in the Bay. That being said..
Real talk....no artists int he Bay has dropped a complete album (listenable from beg. to end) in a long time (maybe Zion I's - True & Living). I just don't see the new artists dropping good albums anytime soon - Jacka, Ya Boy, Clyde can all drop some good single material but there full length LPs just contain way too much filler for my liking.

whoah thats a real nice list you posted but i cant believe you threw Jacka in there with Clyde and Ya Boy...Jacka been making big moves for a longtime

dnn1id.jpg

that *+@% is a classic...you gotta listen to this again if you think there's a single filler track on there...the only track thats not
eek.gif
is Feel This Clip...i wasnt really feelin what he tried to do there but *+@%, theother 18 tracks on a 19 track album are all classics...Roblo killed that *+@%, he produced the whole thing, production on here is ridiculous
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Whoa I was about to be PO'd when I didn't see Spice, thanks to the dude who recognized. Spice 1 is without a doubt, top 5 all time in the bay, noquestion. Amerikkka's Nightmare is a bonafide classic as well as his even earlier work. "Strap On The Side" is one of the sickest songs the bayhas ever produced, on that Gap Band tip.

Turf Talk - The Street Novelist CD (hot/cold tracks)

The Jacka and Berner - Drought Season CD (heat)

Andre Nickatina "State 2 State", "Crack Raider Razor" , "All Star Chuck Taylors"

The Jacka & Ampichino - Devils Rejectz: 36 Zips.
Andre Nickatina & Mob Figaz - Mob Trial
The Jacka - The Jack Artist
The Jacka - The Jack of All Trades
Husalah - Dope Guns & Religion.
Yukmouth - Godzilla

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I can do w/o that Berner though, I remember dudes on Siccness had the CD w/ Jacka's verses only.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom