Bay Area Concert Thread : Venues, Show times/dates, sites to buy tickets.

best show of the year... I bought my tickets months & months ago..I paid a GRIP ! but...jesus it was so worth it . This creature was put on earth to sing....chills .
we had 8th row center

102t8r7.jpg

Damn dude.....that is a super up close shot! All I got were stage pics which didn't even justify her beauty. What sucks is I had to cut before the show to catch the last Bart train. I think I missed about a good 20-30 minutes left but still saw a good hour. So worth the ticket price no matter where you sat. It was a fun show.

Damn dude.....that is a super up close shot! All I got were stage pics which didn't even justify her beauty. What sucks is I had to cut before the show to catch the last Bart train. I think I missed about a good 20-30 minutes left but still saw a good hour. So worth the ticket price no matter where you sat. It was a fun show.

I REALLY wanted to bring my camera but didn't want to risk it.

Man when she was just walking across the stage, it was THE absolute sexiest walk ever. The entrance/first song was spine tingling. And another thing I enjoyed was how plain the stage was for her. It def. Made true the less is more saying.

I REALLY wanted to bring my camera but didn't want to risk it.

Man when she was just walking across the stage, it was THE absolute sexiest walk ever. The entrance/first song was spine tingling. And another thing I enjoyed was how plain the stage was for her. It def. Made true the less is more saying.

it was easy to bring the camera in but it was a *%*## carrying etc ....and plus my hands and feet were shaking so much that I couldnt focus right . lol

I was thinking on taking BART but I didnt want to risk it . I didnt want to catch a $60 cab ride back to the mission . Plus we got there round 7 30 & drank til 8 in the parking lot . Man... i will cherish that day for a while. My gf took alot of pics & video's too. when she sat down & did jezebel on the stage ....I swear she looked at me and smiled. Life changing

The female to male ratio was off the charts . at least 4:1

Got some taco's in the mission & called it a night

it was easy to bring the camera in but it was a *%*## carrying etc ....and plus my hands and feet were shaking so much that I couldnt focus right . lol

I was thinking on taking BART but I didnt want to risk it . I didnt want to catch a $60 cab ride back to the mission . Plus we got there round 7 30 & drank til 8 in the parking lot . Man... i will cherish that day for a while. My gf took alot of pics & video's too. when she sat down & did jezebel on the stage ....I swear she looked at me and smiled. Life changing

The female to male ratio was off the charts . at least 4:1

Got some taco's in the mission & called it a night

pimp.gif
Sade was amazing, I'm glad I seized the opportunity of a lifetime and made it to the show on Friday too, nice pics Fongstarr...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Sade was amazing, I'm glad I seized the opportunity of a lifetime and made it to the show on Friday too, nice pics Fongstarr...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

when she sat down & did jezebel on the stage ....I swear she looked at me and smiled. Life changing

Man, that's not even one of my favorite songs but one of the better songs live. I knew "Is It A Crime" would be great. I like how she added the Bay Area reference and said Golden Gate instead of Victoria Lake. Haha.

So was Rock The Bells any good? I literally haven't heard a thing about it from people. Wonder if everyone came through with that event. I love RTBs but I don't think hip-hop shows should be that long. I always get tired when the main acts come on stage.

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

when she sat down & did jezebel on the stage ....I swear she looked at me and smiled. Life changing

Man, that's not even one of my favorite songs but one of the better songs live. I knew "Is It A Crime" would be great. I like how she added the Bay Area reference and said Golden Gate instead of Victoria Lake. Haha.

So was Rock The Bells any good? I literally haven't heard a thing about it from people. Wonder if everyone came through with that event. I love RTBs but I don't think hip-hop shows should be that long. I always get tired when the main acts come on stage.

^^ It was dope. Saw everyone that I wanted to see. The 2 side stages were so close together that you can walk back and forth between acts.

Highlights:
-Mack Miller didn't show up (boo $#!#$$% hoo), but Murs ended up doing a little set.
-Common's Dilla tribute that lead into Thelonious
-Blackstar brought Common back on to the stage to do Respiration <----- freakin' amazing
-Donald Glover's set was highly energetic (saw him at the Fillmore earlier this year and was equally impressed)
-RZA came out and introduced GZA
-Lauryn Hill brought Nas back out to do If I Ruled the World

I got passes for free and had guaranteed seats for the main stage. I'll def fork over the extra money for seats if I go again. I hung out on the lawn for a bit and literally couldn't see a damn thing.

^^ It was dope. Saw everyone that I wanted to see. The 2 side stages were so close together that you can walk back and forth between acts.

Highlights:
-Mack Miller didn't show up (boo $#!#$$% hoo), but Murs ended up doing a little set.
-Blackstar brought Common back on to the stage to do Respiration <----- freakin' amazing
-Donald Glover's set was highly energetic (saw him at the Fillmore earlier this year and was equally impressed)

I got passes for free and had guaranteed seats for the main stage. I'll def fork over the extra money for seats if I go again. I hung out on the lawn for a bit and literally couldn't see a damn thing.

Originally Posted by TiDE619

Highlights:
This year was kinda weak in my opinion: no doom, no mac miller, no curren$y, no erykah badu, mobb deep was wack as *%@$, nas wasnt as good as '09, the only acts i enjoyed were GZA and BIG k.r.i.t. In my honest opinion big krit had the best performance hands down had the crowd jumpin the whole time. I heard lauryn hill was actually good this time but i didnt stay to see cuz i was tired and my legs hurt and i wasnt really trippon off seeing her even though i like her music

Highlights:
This year was kinda weak in my opinion: no doom, no mac miller, no curren$y, no erykah badu, mobb deep was wack as *%@$, nas wasnt as good as '09, the only acts i enjoyed were GZA and BIG k.r.i.t. In my honest opinion big krit had the best performance hands down had the crowd jumpin the whole time. I heard lauryn hill was actually good this time but i didnt stay to see cuz i was tired and my legs hurt and i wasnt really trippon off seeing her even though i like her music

Highlights:

The two side stages were a little to close together. I wanted to watch Mob Deep but I ended up walking over to see Slaughterhouse because there sound was pretty much drowning out Mob Deep.
Standouts 

Big KRIT- He killed
pimp.gif
 it if there is anyone hear that Isn't familiar with him PLEASE do yourself a favor and download  Wuz Here and Return of 4 Eva.

Common Respiration with Black Star and the Dilla tribute. 

Black Star

Lauryn Hill coming out 30+ mins late
laugh.gif
 what else is new. It took her and the band a couple of songs to mesh/find a rhythm even from up close it was hard to hear her but they figured it out. 

Childish Gambino 
pimp.gif
 2nd time seeing him can't wait for the album to drop at the end of the month.

I saw everyone I wanted to see except for Freddie Gibbs
frown.gif
 I probably will regret not seeing him tonight to.

Highlights:

The two side stages were a little to close together. I wanted to watch Mob Deep but I ended up walking over to see Slaughterhouse because there sound was pretty much drowning out Mob Deep.
Standouts 

Big KRIT- He killed
pimp.gif
 it if there is anyone hear that Isn't familiar with him PLEASE do yourself a favor and download  Wuz Here and Return of 4 Eva.

Common Respiration with Black Star and the Dilla tribute. 

Black Star

Lauryn Hill coming out 30+ mins late
laugh.gif
 what else is new. It took her and the band a couple of songs to mesh/find a rhythm even from up close it was hard to hear her but they figured it out. 

Childish Gambino 
pimp.gif
 2nd time seeing him can't wait for the album to drop at the end of the month.

I saw everyone I wanted to see except for Freddie Gibbs
frown.gif
 I probably will regret not seeing him tonight to.

20100412-201535-341497.jpg

October 27. I'm calling it right now I think this might be the show of the year
pimp.gif

20100412-201535-341497.jpg

October 27. I'm calling it right now I think this might be the show of the year
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom