Beats by Dr Dre

Anyone get these for Christmas?
Any reviews?

I was thinking about buying them with Christmas money...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the video WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

Hype, it's got a cool name and design.
But the general consensus is that you can get better headphones for much less.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

nothing but highs and lows.... definitely can find better headphones for half the price.
Recommendations???
Bose?
budget?
what kind of headphone u want? iem or over the ear?
I like the over the ear ones, like the Beats if that's what you mean.
I got other cheap headphones for in ear that I can just wear around (I go through headphones like no tomorrow, it's crazy.... but I'm looking for aNICE pair for at home)

Budget? Hmmm... I'm flexible I suppose.
I know I was in the Bose store & seemed like they were mostly around $300....

I got a pair of noise canceling Sony ones for Christmas but they're like the $50 version... So something nicer.

Check out Sennheisers for those who are interested in quality headphones.

I got a pair of 280 Pro's that I love.

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

I'd recommend these:

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones

IMO, the best sounding, most accurate headphones for their price. I know they might not look as "fresh" as Beats by Dre, they are far superior in sound quality, and they're mad comfortable.

thats crazy i just got these.... love em. i asked some people about beats by dre and i guess the consensus is it's just name brand marketing trying to foolpeople into thinking crappy, muddy headphones are good b/c dres name is on them. if they were serious headphones, they wouldnt be on sale at best buy...they'd be at guitar center.

Kinda weird/funny to know that your headphone ran more than your iPod.
laugh.gif
And the random J's to match too.

My girl bought me these with a new ipod touch for xmas and I love them! Had some Bose on Ear before and even those were nice these are much nicer! If you canafford a little extra I'd recommend them

yeah im about to buy these with my christmas money. looking around 300$ shipped in ebay...

im really glad you posted pictures of the headphones alongside your shoes.

i just got the tour beats for christmas and so far i love them

heres my review of them from my blog
[h2]http://maxpreme.wordpress.com/2008/12/28/tour-beats-by-dr-dre-x-monster-cable-review/[/h2]
[h2]Tour Beats by Dr. Dre x Monster Cable Review[/h2]
beats.png

For Christmas I got a pair of the Tour Beats by Dr. Dre x Monster Cables in-ear headphones. Besides the ridiculously long name, I love them. At $150 there are very reasonable for the quality headphones that they are. Monster Cables' products are usually way over priced[ex. HDMI cables], but these are not that bad and match up well with competitiors like Bose, Shure, and V-Moda. I have been testing them out for the past couple of days and here is my little review of them. I am no expert, but I know a little bit of what I am talking about.
  • Sound 4.5/5
beats-1.jpg

I may not be an audio expert, but these sound really good to me. Obviously they are much better than the white ones that come with the iPod, but I think they are even better than the V-Moda Vibes, which were my previous headphones. I tested these out using songs from the College Dropout, 808s & Heartbreak, Thriller, and The Chronic because they are some of the best prodcued albums. From Thriller I could tell the songs were very crisp and clear, even with MJs high pitch voice. From 808s and Heartbreak and the Chronic the bass felt very strong but balanced. The bass sounded like it was coming from headphones much bigger than these in-ear ones, and it was truly amazing. Stimulating isn't the right word, but these headphones really brought a new sound and experience to the music I've been listening to. I have heard these headphones work best with Hip Hop, which I tested them on, so it may not sound as good with other genres of music.
  • Cable 4.5/5
beats.jpg

I don't know why other companies have not already done this, but the flat cable is genius. It feels strong and durable and it never gets seriously tangled. That's my main problem with other in-ear headphones, the cables always get tangled and get into knots, but with these any tangle can easily be undone. I've put them in my pocket and balled them up and still they easily come apart. The only drawback to the cables is that they are bright red and they may not be for everyone. Compared to the regular black or white wires most people are used to, these really stand out.
  • Comfort 4/5
beats-3.jpg

The Tour Beats come with 5 different earbuds[4 posted above] in different shapes and sizes and there is probably one for everybody. There are 3 sizes of the regular rubber ear-buds found on most in-ear headphones and that's what most people would use. It also comes with two triple-cone ear buds that bring new meaning to in-ear. These things go all the way in like a Q-Tip and block all noises out. The headphones sound amazing with the triple-cone ear buds and they are pretty comfortable at the same time. In-ear buds are not for everyone though and some people may prefer the over style of the Studio Beats. I like these better because the size is much smaller so they are better for everyday use.
  • Looks 4/5
beats-4.jpg

The Tour Beats are very stylish and they stand out from the regular monochromatic headphones. The bright red cable is not for everyone, but it gives it a lot of distinction from other headphones. These are not just any old headphones and the look definately adds to it. If one thing is for certain about Monster Cable, they always make their products look good with a clean and simple design. They do no dissapoint with the Tour Beats and I think they are one of the better looking in-ear headphones. The only thing some people may not like are the actual ear buds, and how long they are. I thought when I first saw them that they would stick out of my ears, but they really don't and look fine while in the ear. They are much longer than most in-ear headphones but there is not a big noticable difference when wearing them.
  • Extras and Packaging 5/5
beats-6.jpg
beats-2.jpg

Monster Cables always has a nice packaging and they throw in a couple extras here and there. The box is really nice and is similar to the one for the LRG iPhone Case. Like Apple, Monster Cable cares about the first impression, and the box has classy look to it like the Studio Beats box. It also comes with a little carrying case for the headphones and the rubber earbuds that is good for obviously storing them.
  • Overall - not an average 4.5/5
The style and bright colors may be too flashy for some people, but others may be looking for that edge over the other headphones. The sound is clear and crisp and lets you hear things you've never heard before in the same songs. The flat cable is brilliant and should be used on many more headphones to come. These are one of the best headphones I have owned and for the price of $150, I would definately recommend these to those out there looking for some quality in-ear headphones who do not want to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

Back
Top Bottom