Becoming a New Parent - Share Your Stories...Struggles...Joys....

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

Originally Posted by shoefreek23

Im probably the newest dad on here as my son just turned a week today and between him and my woman having a c-section im averaging about 3 hours sleep a day but I have more energy than ever just from the happiness my son brings me,He's perfect,becoming a father is the best thing thats every happened to me.Congrats to any current or expecting fathers and mothers on here.
My girl has a C-Section as well. Things were definitely not easy at first, but congrats man! 
pimp.gif
you back together with the BM?
Yeah we are, things have gotten a lot better.
smile.gif

Big ups to all of the parents on here handling theirs. I hope that when my time comes I will be a great dad.

Big ups to all of the parents on here handling theirs. I hope that when my time comes I will be a great dad.

my son just turned 5 a couple weeks ago and my little girl is 2 and a half and to say my life has changed is an understatement, but i wouldn't trade it for anything. they are the best thing to happen to me. and yes the first real smile they give you is awesome but when they knowingly tell you they love you is one of the greatest feelings ever.

my son just turned 5 a couple weeks ago and my little girl is 2 and a half and to say my life has changed is an understatement, but i wouldn't trade it for anything. they are the best thing to happen to me. and yes the first real smile they give you is awesome but when they knowingly tell you they love you is one of the greatest feelings ever.

I got 2 boys, 11 and 6. Don't know what I'd do or where I'd be without them. Like others said, time really does fly. It seems like yesterday I was changing diapers on my oldest now I'm giving him girl advise, talking about puberty, and trying to explain to and convince him that "fusion" Jordans are wack.
laugh.gif

And it's cliche and corny, but all you really have to do is love them and everything else will (hopefully) fall into place. When they're young, you are their world (and in most cases vice versa) they pick up on everything your doing weather you realize it or not. Like I said my oldest is 11 and it kinda sucks now that he's been venturing on his own and doesn't NEED me for everything anymore. But, he knows I'm always there when he does.

Good luck and props to all the good Dad's on NT.

I got 2 boys, 11 and 6. Don't know what I'd do or where I'd be without them. Like others said, time really does fly. It seems like yesterday I was changing diapers on my oldest now I'm giving him girl advise, talking about puberty, and trying to explain to and convince him that "fusion" Jordans are wack.
laugh.gif

And it's cliche and corny, but all you really have to do is love them and everything else will (hopefully) fall into place. When they're young, you are their world (and in most cases vice versa) they pick up on everything your doing weather you realize it or not. Like I said my oldest is 11 and it kinda sucks now that he's been venturing on his own and doesn't NEED me for everything anymore. But, he knows I'm always there when he does.

Good luck and props to all the good Dad's on NT.

Great stories in here fellas. I'll be joining you newer dads in 5 or 6 weeks....can't wait! And props to you cats being DADS to your kids....good to see young dudes step up to the plate.

Great stories in here fellas. I'll be joining you newer dads in 5 or 6 weeks....can't wait! And props to you cats being DADS to your kids....good to see young dudes step up to the plate.

My son just turned 1... and like many have said it has been very rewarding.

The first 3 months was to be honest, hell....
I had just graduated from med school and was doing my residency-working 12-18 hr shifts (nearly 60-70 hrs/week).
I would come home and be DEAD TIRED, only to find my son crying loud as hell.

On average I would get about 3-4 hours of sleep a night. On a good day I would get a max of 6 hours.
But looking back at what my wife and I have been thru, it has been a blessed journey. Watching my son take his first steps and watching him grow has been a priceless experience I would never trade.

I had just graduated from med school and was doing my residency-working 12-18 hr shifts (nearly 60-70 hrs/week).

On average I would get about 3-4 hours of sleep a night. On a good day I would get a max of 6 hours.
But looking back at what my wife and I have been thru, it has been a blessed journey. Watching my son take his first steps and watching him grow has been a priceless experience I would never trade.

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

Props to you.....you definitely had a lot on your plate it sounds like at the beginning. 

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

Props to you.....you definitely had a lot on your plate it sounds like at the beginning. 

I'm waiting till november, till my girl gives birth. I'm preparing myself for the best.

Was trying to have my first kid at the age of 25, but I guess life had something else plannedLol.. oh well

I'm waiting till november, till my girl gives birth. I'm preparing myself for the best.

Was trying to have my first kid at the age of 25, but I guess life had something else plannedLol.. oh well

My son turned 3 months old last week, and I still can't believe I'm a dad sometimes 
glasses.gif

This is my first child, and I hope it isn't my last. Everything hasn't been easy, but its definitely been worth it.

I've noticed my patience has grown, and also how much I value the little alone time I do have now. 
laugh.gif

Being a parent is definitely a 24/7 job, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Anyone recently become a parent, and if so how are things going?

All I can say priceless being a parent.

My son turned 3 months old last week, and I still can't believe I'm a dad sometimes 
glasses.gif

This is my first child, and I hope it isn't my last. Everything hasn't been easy, but its definitely been worth it.

I've noticed my patience has grown, and also how much I value the little alone time I do have now. 
laugh.gif

Being a parent is definitely a 24/7 job, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Anyone recently become a parent, and if so how are things going?

All I can say priceless being a parent.

Congrats to all the fathers here. My biological father was never in my life despite living in the other side of town. He made a choice to not care about me or my well being. I always promised myself that if it's in my destiny to be a father, I will do whatever it takes to be the best father to my children.

Congrats to all the fathers here. My biological father was never in my life despite living in the other side of town. He made a choice to not care about me or my well being. I always promised myself that if it's in my destiny to be a father, I will do whatever it takes to be the best father to my children.

You guys r really optimistic my baby is two she means the world to me, and I'm no joking when I say she is drop dead gorgeous I'll put money no one has a cutier baby. Anyway it's hard man she live in nj I'm in md, she is such a $$@#$$ handful but I Love her it's crazy she my little mini me my trooper my friend
frown.gif

You guys r really optimistic my baby is two she means the world to me, and I'm no joking when I say she is drop dead gorgeous I'll put money no one has a cutier baby. Anyway it's hard man she live in nj I'm in md, she is such a $$@#$$ handful but I Love her it's crazy she my little mini me my trooper my friend
frown.gif

I got 2 boys.  My oldest turned 8 a few weeks ago and my youngest will be 3 in July. 
Lights of my life.
We've been lucky.  They are both perfectly healthy boys.  no major injuries.  haha
I took my 8 year old to the Clippers game a few weeks ago and we were talking and then all of sudden I see him stand up and start staring.  like looking right through me.  and then he kind of shushed me....
indifferent.gif

The Clippers dancers had come out and he was too busy checking them out to talk to his old man. 
laugh.gif

-J-

I got 2 boys.  My oldest turned 8 a few weeks ago and my youngest will be 3 in July. 
Lights of my life.
We've been lucky.  They are both perfectly healthy boys.  no major injuries.  haha
I took my 8 year old to the Clippers game a few weeks ago and we were talking and then all of sudden I see him stand up and start staring.  like looking right through me.  and then he kind of shushed me....
indifferent.gif

The Clippers dancers had come out and he was too busy checking them out to talk to his old man. 
laugh.gif

-J-

Back
Top Bottom