Beef between Jay-z & baby heats up. Jay-Z shots at BirdMan in his new video with kanye "OTIS"

Peep Game wrote:

The only artists Jay himself pushed that weren't already successful before him were Memphis Bleek, Freeway, Young Gunz, and Beanie Sigel, and they still never became household names.
Everybody else that Jay-Z has dealt with were already made artists (Cam'Ron, Twista, Beyonce, Rihanna, etc etc). You could even make that case for Kanye too, cause he had been producing
for Jay way before he started rapping for him, so he was gonna get a shot regardless. I just really think Jay-Z doesn't know how to manage artists from the ground up, they have to already have
major buzz for him to truly get behind them.

But he tried to teach &$%@# how to be kings but all they wanted to be was solider tho' 

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

But he tried to teach &$%@# how to be kings but all they wanted to be was solider tho' 
you got a TI$A avy though
can i live?
lmfao you was sayin some real !%%@... they couldnt handle they own... but as far as cats always gotta put they 2 cents in , can you live, naw cats on here always trying to get on somebody

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by seasoned vet
Nah fam, Rhianna was not made before Jay-z
So...Rihanna has been working with Jay-Z since 2005? NO. They didn't work together until 2007, and he didn't manage her til 2009. She was
definitely a household name before Jay-Z.

Peep Game wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's true though. Young Gunz and some of the other dudes couldn't maintain their own buzz, just wanted Jay to drop
a verse for their next single, then appear on half their album.

Thought it was a pretty cool song + vid. I agree tho wouldve been different if it was a bugatti but that was just Ye's car

Peep Game wrote:
The only artists Jay himself pushed that weren't already successful before him were Memphis Bleek, Freeway, Young Gunz, and Beanie Sigel, and they still never became household names.
Everybody else that Jay-Z has dealt with were already made artists (Cam'Ron, Twista, Beyonce, Rihanna, etc etc). You could even make that case for Kanye too, cause he had been producing
for Jay way before he started rapping for him, so he was gonna get a shot regardless. I just really think Jay-Z doesn't know how to manage artists from the ground up, they have to already have

I chuckled.
And I think Jay's problem is that he's still an artist. He don't know how to juggle managing upcomin artists and himself at the same time. Conflict of interest.

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Nah fam, Rhianna was not made before Jay-z
So...Rihanna has been working with Jay-Z since 2005? NO. They didn't work together until 2007, and he didn't manage her til 2009. She was
definitely a household name before Jay-Z.

Oh, Jay-z was not working with Rihanna in 2005? And when she came to Def Jam already a household name?

Memphis Bleek album 534

[table][tr][td]1.[/td][td]"534"  [/td][td]Just Blaze[/td][td]2:42[/td][/tr][tr][td]2.[/td][td]"Interlude"  [/td][td]Just Blaze[/td][td]0:16[/td][/tr][tr][td]3.[/td][td]"Dear Summer" (feat. Jay-Z)[/td][td]Just Blaze[/td][td]2:53[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.[/td][td]"Like That"  [/td][td]Swizz Beatz[/td][td]3:16[/td][/tr][tr][td]5.[/td][td]"Infatuated" (feat. Boxie)[/td][td]Demi-Doc & Irv Gotti[/td][td]4:05[/td][/tr][tr][td]6.[/td][td]"The ONE" (feat. Rihanna)[/td][td]Bink![/td][td]4:00[/td][/tr][tr][td]7.[/td][td]"First, Last & Only" (feat. M.O.P.)[/td][td]LeQwan Bell[/td][td]3:01[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.[/td][td]"Get Low" (feat. Livin' Proof)[/td][td]Chad Hamilton[/td][td]3:03[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.[/td][td]"Oh Baby" (feat. Young Gunz)[/td][td]Bink![/td][td]4:06[/td][/tr][tr][td]10.[/td][td]"Smoke the Pain Away" (feat. Denim)[/td][td]9th Wonder[/td][td]4:27[/td][/tr][tr][td]11.[/td][td]"Hater Free"  [/td][td]Shea Taylor[/td][td]3:58[/td][/tr][tr][td]12.[/td][td]"Alright"  [/td][td]9th Wonder[/td][td]3:52[/td][/tr][tr][td]13.[/td][td]"All About Me"  [/td][td]Coptic[/td][td]4:20[/td][/tr][tr][td]14.[/td][td]"Straight Path"  [/td][/tr][/table]

ReleasedMay 17, 2005

"In January 2005, Rogers began shopping Rihanna's four-song demo to various recording companies.[sup][16][/sup] A copy of the demo was sent to Def Jam Recordings, where Jay Brown, an A&R executive, overheard it and played it for the label's then-president, Jay-Z.[sup][30][/sup]When he heard "Pon de Replay", Jay-Z was skeptical about Rihanna at first because he felt that the song was too big for her, stating that "when a song is that big, it's hard [for a new artist] to come back from."

Oh....

grin.gif

I saw the chopped up Maybach up close at their pop-up store. 
They wouldn't let people take pics but if you've watched the video, then you know what it looks like. Plus the video was on repeat in the store too. 

Regardless, that's cray. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

He never got behind Cam tho....that was all Dame (Kanye too)

Back
Top Bottom