Bel-Air Vol. Fresh Prince reboot

This came across my timeline and the first thing I thought was, oh, this must be the reboot people have been talking about. But it turns out it’s fanmade. Definitely a different vibe from the original but not bad at all IMO. Thoughts?

461F8C1A-F96A-4DA4-B4B5-A668B6602489.gif

When I first saw the post title, I was like "hell no, you can't recreate something that was so unique to that particular cultural moment of 1990 and the particular cask of that show, especially James Avery and Will Smith." Then I watched the trailer and I'm like, okay, this could be pretty good.

This came across my timeline and the first thing I thought was, oh, this must be the reboot people have been talking about. But it turns out it’s fanmade. Definitely a different vibe from the original but not bad at all IMO. Thoughts?

Very different, but i ain't even mad it looks fine considering the vibe they want to portray.

Jacques though :lol:

Uncle Phil stacking! If I was that rich, no reason my sister would be living in a rough / tough neighbourhood.

For a fan made thing I think it's not bad.

When it first started and I realized the premise, I was kinda eager to see where they went with everything ( the fight, uncle Phil, jazz etc).
There's alot to work with using this kind of interpretation story wise.

But A dramatic/serious take on the fresh prince is not needed.
"How come he don't want me man " >>>> a whole season of this

Last edited:
OP knew what he was doing
Y’all funny :rofl:. But seriously though, I think it works on a Netflix movie level. Not really as a series since it goes for a more dramatic vibe and not comedic. But as a one-off movie? I’d watch

I was literally gonna say the only way this would work is if it was a serious drama cuz nobody is recreating or coming close to the sitcom comedy of the show in this era.

Will dropped the ball and not thinking of this himself.

Uncle Phil stacking! If I was that rich, no reason my sister would be living in a rough / tough neighbourhood.
I thought about this as I watched the trailer again.

Like how is Will related to them again? Is it through Phil or Vivian? If it was through Vivan it'd make more sense for why she couldn't help her sister if the husband was the bread winner but now I look at Phil funny style for not helping his sister who is a single mother in the slums of Philly.

C'mon guys, aunt Viv is the one with 4 sisters. Y'all never seen any thanksgiving or Christmas episodes?

I don't remember seeing any of uncle Phil's siblings, only his parents.

Man what the hell.... this isn’t even a comedy.

**** kinda like a horror movie son. This creepy as hell.

Reminds me of this

Back
Top Bottom