Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault by another woman

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Looks like a fat Jeff Hardy.

laugh.gif

Bradshaw acknowledges that the only reason women would flock to him and to Roethlisberger is because of their ability to throw a football.  "I'm not that attractive," Bradshaw said, "and neither is Ben."

roll.gif

Get em', Terry...

Steelers or Goodell should just go ahead and suspend the dude for at least 3-5 games.....

suspend him for what? not being guilty?

so basically any opposing team female fan can go aroudn accusing QBs multiple times and end up getting them suspended. I think thats pretty dumb

I think the team suspends him not the NFL due to no charges. But Tomlin and Rooney should sit him for some games

They won't. If they want to win they won't. What do you think they'll be thinking about? Winning games and putting fans in the seats or the integrity of the team? Although I agree with you that they should take some kind of action. But I'm really doubting now that they'll do anything to him.

You could hear it in the DA's voice yesterday that he wanted to pursue this case.

[h2]Ben, Goodell To Meet As A New Allegation Surfaces[/h2][h3]A Boston attorney told WEEI that he was hired to investigate a similiar allegation against Roethlisberger six months ago[/h3]BOSTON (KDKA) ―
Ben_Roethlisberger93358832.jpg

(4/13/2010)
One day after a district attorney in Georgia announced that no charges were going to be filed against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, an attorney in Boston claims a similar scenario was brought to his attention within the last six months.

During a radio interview with WEEI in Boston, attorney Harry Manion talked about a case involving Roethlisberger at a Las Vegas nightclub that he claimed had the same outcome as the one in Georgia.

"Six months ago I was retained by a client of mine and a close friend to investigate allegations against Ben Roethlisberger in a Las Vegas nightclub that were absolutely identical to this Georgia girl's story," Manion told WEEI.

KDKA confirmed the comments through Manion's office. His office also said that Manion would not be commenting further on the situation.

Manion, who is a partner with Cooley Manion Jones, LLP, told the radio station that the history with Roethlisberger is troubling.

"The outcome was that the young woman did not want to proceed, and we did not take any action. There is a history here, and I can't say any further because we never proceeded with it, but there is a history here that is just super troubling," Manion told WEEI.
Roethlisberger is expected to meet with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell this afternoon.

While charges were not filed in Georgia after sexual assault allegations, Roethlisberger could face some disciplinary action from the Pittsburgh Steelers and the NFL.

The Steelers ownership and the commissioner have both expressed concern that Roethlisberger continues to put himself in situations where he then becomes accused of wrongdoing.  

ROONEY'S WHAT THE %%%% ARE YOU DOING ALLOWING THIS SCUMBAG STILL TO PLAY FOR OUR ORGANIZATION. PLEASE GET RID OF HIS !%* IMMEDIATELY!!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

so basically any opposing team female fan can go aroudn accusing QBs multiple times and end up getting them suspended. I think thats pretty dumb

Chris Henry (RIP) would say yes.

He's going to get suspended. They're going to go with the conduct route. Ben isn't being charged but he was supplyin booze to underage chics at this bar, then copped to freaking on one of them in the bathroom while his people watched over the front door. That "conduct" resulted in charges plus on a lesser scale the TMZ vultures draggin his name and NFL through the mud for over a month. Goodell obviously doesn't play that, right or wrong.

His previous stuff (Vegas incident, Motorcycle incident, other stuff that is now leaking) obviously doesn't help his case either (I'm not saying it's right in regards to penalty).

I agree, why should Ben be suspended?

Originally Posted by AG 47

sorry man,
you dont know what youre talkin about

Chris Henry PLEAD GUILTY to avoid jail time n several different occasions

They're going to go with the conduct route. Ben isn't being charged but he was supplyin booze to underage chics at this bar, then copped to freaking on one of them in the bathroom while his people watched over the front door. That "conduct" resulted in charges plus on a lesser scale the TMZ vultures draggin his name and NFL through the mud for over a month. Goodell obviously doesn't play that, right or wrong.

I had a long argument with my roommate about this yesterday.

I feel like even though no chargers were filed, the nature of his actions are much worse than the actions of guys who were convicted/charged other things that Goodell suspended under the guise of the conduct policy.

Basically with that policy he can suspend people for whatever he pleases.

Considering the facts that have come about from this investigation, which are that Ben's bodyguard blocked off a hallway, while Ben took this very intoxicated girl into a very small bathroom and had sex with her.

Even if the encounter was 100% consensual, there is a lot wrong with that situation. If one of my homies took a really drunk girl into a club bathroom and +%%%$% her  I'd look at him like "What the %*$@ are you thinking?" Combine that "not knowing who he is" like Bradshaw was saying, with the fact that with the recent event in Tahoe, (and now Vegas apparently) dude just has to be smarter than that.

Based on some of the other suspensions guys have gotten for doing minor things that while may have been "proven" still don't come anywhere near the level of multiple sexual assaults, you'd have to guess Goodell would suspend him for at least 4 games.

I highly doubt that happens too. Why would they give QBs superstar treatment in every situation but not in this one?

so basically any opposing team female fan can go aroudn accusing QBsmultiple times and end up getting them suspended. I think thats prettydumb

I think it's disingenuous to say that this is what's happening with Ben.

sorry man,

I distinctly remember one of Henry's last cases, he was proven innocent, but was suspended before the outcome of the case.

In Big Ben's case, clearly his conduct has put him in some compromising positions. This is what? The 3rd girl crying sexual assault/rape?

I'd be VERY shocked if he does not get suspended honestly.

Heny was charged though with several offenses, Ben never has. I think it comes from the team, and judging by the stadium and team selling out every game since 72 I doubt putting fans in seats will be tough

++%+ like this is why Roger Fidel's Goodell's player conduct policy irks me.

It's all left to his discretion and there's no set guideline in place on punishments...it's all about how he sees fit. He's the judge & the jury.

You always hear them say "we'll wait until it plays out in court and we'll go from there". Forget being convicted...dude was never CHARGED for anything and he still might get suspended 3-5 games? If I was Ben, I'd take it up to the NFLPA to get that ++%+ overturned if it plays out that way.

Having these broad set of rules makes it easy to tip toe between punishing players because of conduct detrimental to the team/game or for P.R. reasons.
smh.gif

Gunna has a point though. 

What stops desperate franchises like the Jets from hiring random broads to start callin rape out on Brady, Rivers, Manning etc and gettin them suspended for games, giving the team hiring those chicks a better chance at something like homefield in the playoffs or what not?  May sound far fetched, but you really think it's that much of a reach when talking about a billion dollar business?  Just look at all the females that came out the woodworks on Tiger tryna get some money.  Or Jesse James when he got caught.  Now some other girl gettin Ben from 09??? 
grin.gif

Ben may get a few games, but Goddell better be reeeeeeal careful how he handles this stuff in the future. 

sorry man,

I distinctly remember one (
laugh.gif
) of Henry's last cases, he was proven innocent, but was suspended before the outcome of the case.

In Big Ben's case, clearly his conduct has put him in some compromising positions. This is what? The 3rd girl crying sexual assault/rape?

I'd be VERY shocked if he does not get suspended honestly.
Drug Possession: Dec. 15, 2005 - Marijuana possession charge in Lexington, Kentucky. Henry pleads guilty and enters a drug rehabilitation program to avoid jail time.

Firearm Violation: Jan. 28, 2006 - Possession of a concealed firearm, improper exhibition of a firearm, and aggravated assault with a firearm in Orlando, Florida. Again, he pleads guilty to concealed weapon charge and is placed on probation for two years and ordered to serve 100 hours of community service.

DUI: June 3, 2006 - Driving Under the Influence in Union Township, Clermont County. Although sentenced to 30 days in jail, the sentence is suspended, and Henry avoids a DUI conviction by pleading guilty to a lesser charge of reckless operation of a vehicle

Corruption of a Minor: June 14, 2006 - Allegedly provides alcohol to three under-aged females in a Covington, Kentucky hotel room. He serves two days in jail, after pleading guilty to permitting possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors.

thats 4 guilty pleas

and you cant see the damn difference in someone Henry getting suspended  and Ben, who hasnt plead guilty or been convicted of any charges

but yeah, I know,  youre  just tryin to cover your *!% for not knowing what you were speakin on in the first place

He will be suspended because Goodell tells these guys to protect the NFL Shield and not put yourself in these type of situations. Yes, he wasnt charged, but its still a bad look for the league.

Back
Top Bottom