Best Backcourt in the NBA?

3506138376_e94d4ba76a.jpg

TonyParker-ManuGinobili.jpg

520x.jpg

all three get my respect...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

There isn't a doubt in my mind who has the best front-court though in each conference though..

Boston and Denver.

Melo/Kenyon/Nene

PP/KG/Sheed

smh.gif

My homer side says the Lakers, Kobe and anyone, even some random bum off the streets is the best back court in the League. However, when talking about thebest shooting and point guard duo, the Spurs back court. Manu is the second best two guard after Kobe and Tony Parker is one of the best three or four pointsin the NBA and probably the best scoring point guard right now.

Combined with a healthy Tim Duncan and the coaching of Greg Popovich, the Spurs are the best team in the West if Laker Managment's hubris lets them loseLamar Odom.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

There isn't a doubt in my mind who has the best front-court though in each conference though..

Boston and Denver.

Melo/Kenyon/Nene

PP/KG/Sheed

smh.gif

laugh.gif

The Lakers front court of Gasol/Bynum/Odom/Artest easily is better than an aging C's front court.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

My homer side says the Lakers, Kobe and anyone, even some random bum off the streets is the best back court in the League. However, when talking about the best shooting and point guard duo, the Spurs back court. Manu is the second best two guard after Kobe and Tony Parker is one of the best three or four points in the NBA and probably the best scoring point guard right now.

Combined with a healthy Tim Duncan and the coaching of Greg Popovich, the Spurs are the best team in the West if Laker Managment's hubris lets them lose Lamar Odom.
Umm this is false because Mitch Kupchak tried this with the bum off the street named Smush Parker...and well we all know how that turned out those2 seasons for Kobe & the Lakers. Heck last I heard Smush isn't even in the NBDL anymore and was last seen playing for a Chinese Basketball Associationteam
laugh.gif

SMH and I still can't believe dude not only wore the purple & gold but was the Lakers starting PG for 2 seasons
mad.gif

Do some of you ignore the question for the sake of mentioning your favorite players? Lee and Harris? Meeks and Jennings? How can you put those players next toParker and Ginobli and be serious? I'm getting on the OKC bandwagon real early too with everyone else I can't wait to see how they develop.

For those of you who ever question me calling out Blazer fans, please read this thread, and the OP starting a best backcourt thread 45 minutes after a 33 yearold PG who can't shoot, can't score as much as 10 other guys, and can't defend a lick, signs a piece of paper with his fav teams name on it, VAULTSto the upper echelon of the NBA in his eyes.
indifferent.gif

THAT is a true Blazer fan right there. Someone who never even heard of Andre Miller til the press conference in which he is handed a Blazers jersey, now isthe Robin to Roy's batman.
eyes.gif

Unbelievable.

Originally Posted by kc24688

Do some of you ignore the question for the sake of mentioning your favorite players? Lee and Harris? Meeks and Jennings? How can you put those players next to Parker and Ginobli and be serious? I'm getting on the OKC bandwagon real early too with everyone else I can't wait to see how they develop.
laugh.gif
Let the kids have their fun man

How can Miller and Roy be up there as one of the best backcourts in the league and they haven't played a single game together yet?

laugh.gif

TP and Ginobili
Rondo and Allen

And you can't have one of the best backcourts in the league and one of the worse teams in the league.

Manu isn't the 2nd best 2 guard in the league.

for pure 1s and 2s, i gotta go with kobe and fish. But if you play Lebron at the two, which they do at times, he has to get some consideration.

Wade is certainly up there, doesnt matter who he is paired with...

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Boston and Denver.

Melo/Kenyon/Nene

PP/KG/Sheed

smh.gif

laugh.gif

The Lakers front court of Gasol/Bynum/Odom/Artest easily is better than an aging C's front court.

like ja said, pp/kg/sheed > bynum/gasol/artest.

for pure 1s and 2s, i gotta go with kobe and fish. But if you play Lebron at the two, which they do at times, he has to get some consideration.

Wade is certainly up there, doesnt matter who he is paired with...

and No, I dont mean the Wade, Chalmers examples where one is a superstar but the other is not that great.

some of these answers are straight comedy.
like someone said, i think bhz, how can they be the best backcourt w.o playing a single game together (for us to watch)
and, stuckey? i know that has got to be a joke, but cmon.my grandma could prob. ball better then him.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom