Best basketball performance shoe out right now?

I need a good basketball shoe.....

whats the best shoe out right now that has good ankle support. I weigh about 175lbs if that matters.

Need to be quick... not a center. I mostly shoot but want something thats light so I can drive in like at 50mph

thanks.

I have some Hyperdunks.... is that still the best shoe out??

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

There were never no near anything best.

I'd say check out Soldier III or Zoom BB 3. I am about 185lbs btw.

Originally Posted by kaczalas

There were never no near anything best.

I'd say check out Soldier III or Zoom BB 3. I am about 185lbs btw.

Serious? I always ball hard in my Hyperdunks

Kobe IV

kobe-iv-blk-blue-3.jpg

Kobe V

Nike-Zoom-Kobe-V-Away-2.jpg

I know this is a Nike board, but i'm loving the Adidas TS Creators. If you gotta go Nike, I still rock my BB2 and they're pretty damn awesome.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Kobe IV

Kobe V
Looks like I would devastate my ankles in those.

I have really bad ankles, they tend to roll easily.

The height of a shoes has little to do with the ankle stability. Its more how the foot is locked down with the forefoot and heel. Kobe 4's are very nice.

Serious? I always ball hard in my Hyperdunks

Ditto. I have 3 pair & I love them.

Kicktionair wrote:

Kobe IV

Kobe V

When I was 175 I rolled my ankles constantly but once I breached the 200 mark I very rarely roll mine (knock on wood). I wish the Kobe's sold in TN that way I could at least try them like Mister Friendly said but right now for me is the Hyperdunk. You should try on these & see how they feel.

There is a difference between these & the black Lows. Hope that helps.

zoom soldier is deff nice but ankle support isnt solid on those. like people said kobe iv and v are the best shoes out but if you don't trust your anklesstay with your hyperdunks or try bb1 or bb2, bb3 aint good

YOU ARE NOT MORE LIKELY TO ROLL YOUR ANKLE IN LOW CUT SHOES.

Do you still need more clarification?

I've been playing in lows my entire basketball life, since I was 14, I have never once rolled my ankle.

If you're terrified about a possible injury, go grab an xbox controller and play some halo. Otherwise, the Kobe V is the best performance shoe out. Maybepick up a ankle wrap from Adidas if you want some insurance.

i play in college and played in kobe ivs earlier in the season until the heel bottomed out, and now play in lebron 7s and team hyperizes...out of all i say thekobe ivs...ps i severely sprained my ankle in the hyperizes and had no problems with the kobes

I can't get over how great my White/Red Jordan XII retro's are performing!

YOU ARE NOT MORE LIKELY TO ROLL YOUR ANKLE IN LOW CUT SHOES.
Speak for yourself. I've only ever rolled my ankle in low-cuts... once mildly wearing Chuck Taylor All-Stars goofing around, once severely inthe Zoom MVP's (was unable to play ball for 3 months).

I will NEVER ever EVER wear lows for bball again.

^^the time with the chucks doesnt count....and the time with the MVPs i guarantee is wasnt something caused by the shoe being a low top and would have probablyhappened in a high top

Originally Posted by clkru

I can't get over how great my White/Red Jordan XII retro's are performing!
This!

Love em.

Never had a problem with low cut shoes. I like teh New Kobe and Lebrons. Cant pull my trigger on one or the other.

Kobe IV

Kobe V

ballin in the IVs right now, and hav serious ankle problems to begin with.. even with getting tape im scared..
No low tops for me

I really like the hyperize. Same protection as Hyperdunks with better performance. A little lighter than the dunks too.

i love my lebron 7's, best shoe i have ever had, hyperizes and dunks hurt my feet after about 1hr of playing in them and lebrons dont hurt my feet intillafter about 3 hrs of ballin

Originally Posted by Phlash

i love my lebron 7's, best shoe i have ever had, hyperizes and dunks hurt my feet after about 1hr of playing in them and lebrons dont hurt my feet intill after about 3 hrs of ballin
I'll get the 7's next week. Can't wait to see how good they are.

THe Hyperdunks are great, but you cant really go wrong with the Huraches! These were made to cradle your ankle, and give you breathability while providingexcellent traction and such! You cant go wrong with those! and dont be afraid to play in the Kobe's...even tho they are lowtops, you will love the factthat they are extra light and responsive!

Back
Top Bottom