Best Borough to Live in NYC

What part of Brooklyn you working in? I'd just try to find a spot close to it.

Don't play yourself by considering jersey

Upper East Side, it is on the come up.

F all that nonesense.

:lol:

Last edited:
Park Slope.

Son if you working in Park Slope and you want a dumb easy commute, then def find a spot in Flatbush, maybe CH. Depending on how it lines up, you might be 3-4 train stops away from your job, and if you decide to drive you could be talking 10-20 minutes door to door.

Not to say other areas won't work, they will, but in terms of commuting convenience and rent value, that's your best bet overall.

Last edited:
Son if you working in Park Slope and you want a dumb easy commute, then def find a spot in Flatbush, maybe CH. Depending on how it lines up, you might be 3-4 train stops away from your job, and if you decide to drive you could be talking 10-20 minutes door to door.

Not to say other areas won't work, they will, but in terms of commuting convenience and rent value, that's your best best overall.
Thanks. This apartment looks halfway decent in Flatbush. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/428-Stratford-Rd-APT-2D-Brooklyn-NY-11218/2094339273_zpid/

I wouldn't do it, if you're working in BK. You'd have to take NJT to NY Penn to a subway. These railways are old and have major problems especially NJT.  Traveling some 2+ hours to and from work aint good. 
Yea I lived in Jersey City and commuted to Brooklyn for work in the past and I took NJ Transit/Path and dollar busses to the city. It def is costly and time consuming. I'm thinking about driving in to the city from NJ.

Last edited:
I was thinking about Bergen County.
You can't afford Bergen in that price range. Maybe Essex and certain parts of Hudson. Rent around here is $3000 range, you'll need roommates. Don't know your age but the riverside spots here and englewood cliffs are beautiful.

I ferry to Manhattan daily, only bring the whip out for errands and the weekend. Jersey city would be the only spot on this side that makes sense for a bk commute, and if you're driving good luck parking when you get there.

My girls sister works at the Newport Modells in Jers City if you need a shoe connect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom