Best brand of socks for basketball ?

burlington shox ftw
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

95715ce27873aa49cdedd7867d4b60467774710.pjpg

I have posted in a couple of spots, but any idea what these are?
probably some special nike sock developed just for lebron. players can wear their brands socks, they just cant have any visible logos.

I think those are NBA sock specialized for Lebron so they take out the annoying NBA logo

Originally Posted by KenJi714

I think those are NBA sock specialized for Lebron so they take out the annoying NBA logo

Its hard to say. There are at least 3 or 4 different styles of "real" NBA socks. Not those ones that they sell in the sporting goods store or at themall. Those are nothing like the actual socks that are given to players

Its hard to say. There are at least 3 or 4 different styles of "real" NBA socks. Not those ones that they sell in the sporting goods store or at the mall. Those are nothing like the actual socks that are given to players

true. the nba socks sold at the mall suck. almost all cotton, horrible fit, thick all the way around. the ones lebron is wearing resemble basketball thorlos.they are padded all the way up the back of the foot to protect the achilles as well as cushion the foot.

i'd say the Jordan socks are pretty good, those mid cut ones with the colour strip

Originally Posted by mt3130

Its hard to say. There are at least 3 or 4 different styles of "real" NBA socks. Not those ones that they sell in the sporting goods store or at the mall. Those are nothing like the actual socks that are given to players

true. the nba socks sold at the mall suck. almost all cotton, horrible fit, thick all the way around. the ones lebron is wearing resemble basketball thorlos. they are padded all the way up the back of the foot to protect the achilles as well as cushion the foot.

Yea, I have been getting into socks alot lately since I have been playing more and doing some damage to my feet ( blisters, black toenail). I had some reallyold school NBA ones( mid 90's) that Champion used to make way before you could ever buy them in a store. They lasted for about 10 years before they got toostretched out and weared out. I have a couple pairs of "real" NBA and D league socks and they are good, but I like just plain white socks with nologos. I wish the thorlo mini crew were cut more like those Lebron socks. The Thorlo are like an inch or two too short and the crew are too long. I picked upsome nice socks by Columbia the other day for $ 14 for a 2 pack and I just ordered some more Thorlos and I am going to try some Powersox Pro Thicks. But thoseones Lebron has on are just what I am looking for

anyone know where to get those Nike Elite socks that have the stripe down the back.......IM looking for the white ones with carolina blue stripe like UNC has

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

^ check NDC.

I did, they dont have that color.

Someone on another thread said their TJ Maxx and Marshalls sold these sort of socks, although not the color im looking for. My stores only have regular cottonnike socks

Jordan socks arent that good after you wash them and they are expensive. i wear under Armour and it works fine

Where do you guys usually buy em from? I'm looking online and was thinking bout using coupon codes (I dont wanna spend a whole lot).

Originally Posted by airboydjr

I would choose nike
Jordan socks tend to rip and tear very easily
QFT! the first and last time i bought jordan socks was when the 17's dropped after the first wash i went to put them on and they ripped rightat the heel...1 time worn! never again

when i worked at Athlete's Foot we really pushed Thorlo's they really are the best socks on the market pretty pricey but they last forever the runningones have the most padding and you gotta break those in....oh yeah and for really short ankle socks i got w/ Puma socks they're comfy and will hold uppretty good until sock rotation comes around, and Nike socks aren't bad but they're not the best either those are my beater socks for around the house

i really like the thorlo socks. my only gripe with them is the lack of banding at the middle of the foot, so everytime i use them my socks are all twisted upby the end of the day. if thorlo made basketball socks with banding like the nike training socks, i would never buy anything else.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

^ check NDC.

Someone on another thread said their TJ Maxx and Marshalls sold these sort of socks, although not the color im looking for. My stores only have regular cotton nike socks
i doubt TJ or Marshalls has these..

the dam socks a $12/pair

i have the black and orange ones and love them! wish they were a bit higher though

Thorlos>NBA>Nike Elite

Originally Posted by VelvetHoop

Originally Posted by manamazing55

^ check NDC.

Someone on another thread said their TJ Maxx and Marshalls sold these sort of socks, although not the color im looking for. My stores only have regular cotton nike socks
i doubt TJ or Marshalls has these..

the dam socks a $12/pair

i have the black and orange ones and love them! wish they were a bit higher though

Thorlos>NBA>Nike Elite

Marshalls and TJ Maxx do have Nike Elite socks and also a couple years ago Nike basketball socks with the foot cushions. $ 2.99 each. Touch to find the sz8-12 ones. Mostly size 6-8 and 12-15. I have seen high quarter and crew length in white with navy, red, maroon, orange, purple. I personally dont like them toomuch, I bought like 5 pairs. I just dont like dri fit socks.

FYI , thorlo.com is having there annual buy 3 get 1 free with free shipping

After reading this thread and people saying nike socks sucked, I realized... they aren't that good. So I put on 2 pairs and I like how they feel. From nowon, 2xNike socks on each foot.

I used to always use the NBA socks, but all the ones I have the padding is gone out of them. Also since I switched from the ZK1 to the HyperDunk as mybasketball shoes the NBA socks seam at the toes rubbed my toes. I then tried out the UA socks that have no-seam toes and they work pretty good. I'd def saythat Thorlos are the best socks out there though.

Back
Top Bottom