October 28, 2007

Closely followed by...

Incubus
Light Grenades Tour
Red Rocks Ampitheatre
Morrison, Colorado
July 14, 2007

- Tical.

Lupe puts on a great show. So does De La Soul. But for me its ATCQ. I seen them in berkely about a year and a half ago as well. Freestyles werecraaaaazzzzzzzyyyyyyy..

I've been very lucky to be able to go to a lot of concerts but I'd say Stevie Wonder was probably my favorite...

well, this was actually tha only concert I've been to. It was Puffy and tha whole Bad Boy Family, I think it was in 96 or 97. It was mad dope, it waseveryone from Bad Boy like 112 and Mase and all them, no Biggie cause it was after he died. and also Busta Rhymes, Usher, DMX, Foxxy, and I think there wasmore but I cant remember. show was crazy. I think I had pictures from it, but havent seen them in years

#1: Garth Brooks @ Key Arena in 1998
Hand down the best show I've ever seen. I'd pay anything to see him live again.

#2: EMP Grand Opening in 2000
Filter
Kid Rock
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Snoop, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Xhibit (quick stop early on during the Up In Smoke Tour)
Metallica

#3: Dave Matthews Band @ The Gorge, August 6th, 2000
My first show and still the best I ever saw.

#4: Ramsey Lewis Trio, Joshua Redman quartet, Count Basie Band @ IAJE in New Orleans in 2000
Incredible lineup of jazz legends and a new school star.

#5: BT @ Trinity and Heavens Nightclub (both in Seattle)
My favorite DJ, I was up close for both (VIP one night). Got to meet him at both shows. Great guy.

Come to think of it, 2000 was a great year for concerts for me. I also saw Earth, Wind & Fire that summer.

1. Jay-Z, Black Album Tour in Harford, CT

2. Glenn Lewis, at BB King's BBQ & Grill in NYC (an unknown John Legend opened for him)

3. Missy, Alicia Keys, Beyonce in Hartford, CT

4. Jay-Z, American Gangster show in NYC

1. The W at the house of blues l.a. no rza but method was
eek.gif
x100000000000

2.Kam, Ras Kass, Styles P and Rakim at the house of blues l.a. everyone was sick

3.Gza at the house of blues man i had some much more love (nh) for dude by the end of the night

1. Man Man

2. Fantomas/Melvins "Big Band"

3. Animal Collective

4. Primus- Sailing Seas of Cheese tour

1 .Jay-Z Blueprint Lounge Tour at House Of Blues in Hollywood. Was right after 9/11, great concert.

2. Roc The Mic in Vegas. Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Fabolous, Busta Rhymes, Sean Paul, Beyonce (did 1 song with Jay I think), lots of acts.

I'm from a smaller city in Adelaide in Australia and we get shafted half the time when big artists come to our country cos they don't come here
mad.gif

But the best concert that I've been to was when Jay-Z came to Melbourne in 05.

It was crazy, he had 15, 000 people on their feet for 2 and a half hours. Dude has crazy charisma
nerd.gif

2. Glenn Lewis, at BB King's BBQ & Grill in NYC (an unknown John Legend opened for him)

I was supposed to go to that concert, besides john legend what girl performed?

Club Speeed, NYC Ghostface promo tour for "Fishscale"brought out cappadonna(who was still rockin his 96 helly hansen
laugh.gif
) and raekwon, then for surprise guest brought out sheek and styles.

Up in Smoke Tour around the turn of the millenium. i was like 13. the music was crazy but the things going on in the crowd were more crazy. most of the time iwas just staring at girls doin "strange" things. i entered that concert a boy, and left a man. Props to my dad for taking me...

NaS at Nokia Center- a day after HHiD dropped. Best concert experience ever. It was a midnight show and there was a Firm reunion (minus AZ) and it was thesecond time I had seen NaS live in concert. First time was in Central Park.

Lupe Fiasco at the Fillmore - This past December he was at S.O.B's on Irving Plaza the day The Cool dropped. So electric and energetic, awesome show.

Mos Def performing Black Radio in the Highline Ballroom. - He had a live band but wasn't performing any of his own songs. He did Poison by Bel Biv Devoe, Iforget the name of the song but it was a duet by Cyndi Lauper and at the end, Talib Kweli [who I saw perform at the same venue a week earlier] came out andthey did Thieves in the Night and Respiration.

John Mayer at Madison Sq. Garden - It was my birthday and it was John Mayer. To top it off, Alicia Keys came out and performed alongside with him.

I saw Kanye back in December 2005 during the Touch the Sky Tour and I felt like I was on cloud 9 and I'm not even a Kanye fanatic. He has crazy stagepresence and there's just crazy energy in the crowd.

1. ATCQ reunion at the Wiltern in August 2006

2. KRS-ONE at the Key Club in LA

3. Okay Player tour

4. Rock the Bells

Back
Top Bottom