Lupe @ UW
Kanye @ Bumbershoot 2006
Kanye @ Everett Event Center

Those are my favorite concerts

ATCQ

Nas

Common

Kanye

Are the best shows I've been to, I would throw Jay on the list just because but he wasn't THAT great.

Asides from that show i'd have to say the runners up would be...

Dave Matthews Band 9/28/07 - Just a phenomenal show...also about 2 1/2 hours
Kanye West 12/4/05 - Seeing one of your favorite artists close up is unlike any other experience...Kanye killed it this night
pimp.gif

John Mayer 12/8/07 - brand new Nokia Theater...he played an acoustic set, then with the John Mayer Trio, then the full Continuum band...
pimp.gif

Muse 9/22/07 - Street Scene 07...they straight up killed it amazing show definitely check out Muse if you get a chance

Smashing Pumpkins 9/19/07 - Not what i expected, but getting to hear the classics and new songs in a small venue was amazing...

Neil Young 10/21/06-10/22/06 - He's a legend and seeing him play RITFW with Eddie Vedder acoustic is one of my top music moments...

going to Foo Fighters in early march i saw them at Bridge School a couple years ago so it's gonna be nice to see them rock out with an electricset...i'm also gonna try and catch Radiohead on this US tour it looks like they are gonna play the new venue at Qualcomm Stadium...

Jay-Z Black Album at Madison Square Garden, only concert I've been to where everybody was standing from start to finish.

2nd, Puff Daddy No Way Out Tour also at MSG

The 10th anniversary RESONABLE DOUBT concert..... in NY... it was CRACK from start to finish even tho Hov got there 2 hrs late... it was all live instrumentalsfrom the 1st track to the last... then he got into his greatest hits... whew
pimp.gif

The 10th anniversary RESONABLE DOUBT concert..... in NY... it was CRACK from start to finish even tho Hov got there 2 hrs late... it was all live instrumentalsfrom the 1st track to the last... then he got into his greatest hits... whew
pimp.gif

Social Distortion @ HOB Anaheim. about 5 heads back. right in front of the pit. I'm going to see them again in a few weeks..

two runners up:

No Doubt @ The Pond of Anaheim- went with the wife and a friend and we were just drunk, having a good time..

Prince @ Staples Center - we were like 4th row back on the riser, so basically stage level. Dude puts on an awesome show. Purple Rain to close out the show wasa good 12-13 minutes long.

-J-

1. KanYe West in Norfolk Va. @ the NorVa it was a month after CD dropped he did every song except never let me down...had a young keyboard player with himgoing by the name of john stevens...soon to be john legend...Little brother opened up the show not many people were up on them and me being from Milwaukee Ihad just heard there first album and I loved it met 9th after the show already knew him off of the Black Album...I love standing room only concerts way moreintimate

2. Jaÿ-Z and Friends in Hampton Va. @ the collesium it was a great show had really good seats...he came right out to P.S.A no waiting as soon as the lightswent out he came from underground..."allow me to reintroduce myself..." foxy(breast came out like on F2B)...mjb...busta...clipse...ja rule(New Yorksong was hot @ the time)...T.I....freeway...young gunz...bleek...dmx now this dude couldn't remember any of his lyrics better off having me up there he wasout of it...overall great night!

james brown about six years ago

2nd row center, in a theatre auditorium type venue, so seating and all that

but

not more than halfway in, jb had everyone on their feet, i mean EVERYONE

my man was old as hell still doin everything he used to, amazing show, best ive ever been to ne genre of music

he had TWO DRUM KITS, and in theback even had another cat doin just percussion

Jonathan Davis or Korn's "Alone I Play Tour"-- 9:30 Club DC--most intimate show ive ever been to, i was first row, all live instruments--stand upbass, guitar w/ no effects or pedals, drums, and keyboards, only about 300 people but he gave us his all and met us all outside in the 20 degree weather tosign autographs. I have so much respect for this man.

Family Values '06- Korn, Deftones, Stonesour, others---first Korn concert I went to (been a fan since '97), and I was just stunned

Dirty South Invasion Tour- Verizon Center DC-- TI, Lil' Wayne, Jim Jones, Rick Ross, Young Dro, Unk, Tabi Bonney-- so much energy in the entire building,everyone was late and Jim Jones only did "We Fly High" as well as Young Dro only doing "Shoulder Lean" and "Rubberband Banks" butwas an amazing concert

The whole Concert for VTech-- DMB, John Mayer, Nas, Phil Vassar--they gave Nas and Vassar the shaft though only giving them 20 minute sets

John Mayer at Madison Sq. Garden - It was my birthday and it was John Mayer. To top it off, Alicia Keys came out and performed alongside with him.

One of the best nights of my life right there.

atcq - i was 2nd row center at rock the bells at angels stadium. one of the dopest days of my life. i even quit my job as a car salesman just so i could gosince they wouldnt give me the day off
laugh.gif

slum village - first row center back in like 00 or 01 right after fantastic vol. 2 dropped. i was probably the only dude that knew their lyrics for every songso they invited me to chill and
pimp.gif
after the show. meeting them was dope as hell and they signed my copy of fantastic vol. 2 and a bunch of other stuff likepromo posters i got for being part of the street team

jay z - saw him when they shut down hollywood blvd. the atmosphere was just crazy. in the middle of hollywood/highland with like 10 blocks of hollywood shutdown. it was crazy

little brother - saw them at HOB. theyre just great entertainers

the roots - dope as hell live

rock the bells '07 in atl.
fav was Mos, Pharoahe, and Nas

close second was Common in '06 at my school

Up IN Smoke tour in vegas awhile back and Twista when he came to the house of blues in vegas

Back
Top Bottom