Best Notebook for under 400 bones?

If this is going to be your primary school computer do not buy a tablet.  This coming from an ipad 2 owner who loves his ipad.  But if you have a desktop at home or something then a tablet isn't a bad choice.

I take it you only need the laptop for notes, papers, internet surfing.  Grab a comp with an i3 i hear great things about the Toshiba satellite series.

Dell Insprion 11z

Model: Dell Inspiron iM101z-3980BK
CPU: Intel Core i3 330UM
Size: 11.6" LED
RAM: 2GB Memory DDR3 1333
HD: 250GB HDD 5400rpm
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
HDMI output

By itself: $349.99

Right Now 11z + 320GB External Drive: $350.99

Right Now 11z + a 2GB stick of ram (bringing the total to 4GB) + a 16GB flash drive & microsoft arc mouse for $358.99

I'd take the 11z over the HP DM1Z .Got one when dell was selling them for $300. Great little netbook. Light, powerful compared to the AMD alternatives, decent battery life 4 1/2 hours - 5hrs.
The trackpad isn't the greatest but its usable. The fan get a little noisy at times but its bearable.
May want to swap out the hard drive for an SSD later on tho.
If you dont need the external drive I'd go for the Ram, Flash Drive & mouse combo

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Dell Insprion 11z

HDMI output

Right Now 11z + a 2GB stick of ram (bringing the total to 4GB) + a 16GB flash drive & microsoft arc mouse for $358.99

I'd take the 11z over the HP DM1Z .Got one when dell was selling them for $300. Great little netbook. Light, powerful compared to the AMD alternatives, decent battery life 4 1/2 hours - 5hrs.
The trackpad isn't the greatest but its usable. The fan get a little noisy at times but its bearable.
If you dont need the external drive I'd go for the Ram, Flash Drive & mouse combo

those specs look sweet!

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Dell Insprion 11z

HDMI output

those specs look sweet!

word those look scweet doggy

lol @ sweet. the 11z is good, but its a baby.
no gaming or over demanding programs. good for basic student stuff, web browsing, videos, etc.

^yeah thats all i really need it for...iffy bout bring my macbook back n forth to school n what not

midaswell get something even smaller portablerer and not as glamorous

CHROMEBOOK

got one 3 months ago and i LOVE it.
will never go back to a full OS laptop.

Lenovo G560 4gb, I bouth mine for $300 and change last year. Very reliable thus far, not sure what pricing is now.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

why do you enjoy your chromebook so much my friend
- cheap
- easy to use

- highly portable

- long battery life

- virtually instant startup and boot.

- my life is all on the web now so i dont need or use many of the programs/features of a full OS.

Don't get a tablet thinking it can replace a laptop. Because you'll regret it, trust me

Originally Posted by Spiceman80

Lenovo G560 4gb, I bouth mine for $300 and change last year. Very reliable thus far, not sure what pricing is now.

$490 on amazon. Might as well just carry around the macbook if you plan on getting this.

i still think chromebooks are pointless. to each is own.

Back
Top Bottom