Best Philly Cheesesteak in Philly?

Can any NTers recommend me a spot? address/closest major intersection would be helpful as well, and if there are any good spots near independence square that would be helpful too. thanks in advance
pimp.gif

Can any NTers recommend me a spot? address/closest major intersection would be helpful as well, and if there are any good spots near independence square that would be helpful too. thanks in advance
pimp.gif

From what I've heard, Gino's & Pat's are the two most overrated joints in the city....

Imma pay attention to this thread, cause I'll be in Philly in a few weeks...

From what I've heard, Gino's & Pat's are the two most overrated joints in the city....

Imma pay attention to this thread, cause I'll be in Philly in a few weeks...

It's probably going to come down to Pat's King of Steaks & Geno's Steaks. They are located across the street from each other. The address is: 1237 East Passyunk Avenue which is at the intersection of 9th Street, Wharton & Passyunk Avenues.

I prefer Pat's personally. Just make sure when you go you don't mess up ordering because they will get pissed. For example: One Wiz Wit means one cheesesteak with cheese wiz and onions. Wit-out would be without onions. There are a few other cheese options but you'll want to get the wiz.

Hope that helps.

It's probably going to come down to Pat's King of Steaks & Geno's Steaks. They are located across the street from each other. The address is: 1237 East Passyunk Avenue which is at the intersection of 9th Street, Wharton & Passyunk Avenues.

I prefer Pat's personally. Just make sure when you go you don't mess up ordering because they will get pissed. For example: One Wiz Wit means one cheesesteak with cheese wiz and onions. Wit-out would be without onions. There are a few other cheese options but you'll want to get the wiz.

Hope that helps.

Is there a spot there called "Talk of the Town" or something along those lines? I may be going there to visit a friend soon so would like some info as well...

Everyone is gonna tell you to go to Pat's or Geno's. But being a citizen of Philly all my life, I'd recommend Gooey Looie's or any Gaetano's. If you like cheez whiz then go to Pat's or Geno's.

Is there a spot there called "Talk of the Town" or something along those lines? I may be going there to visit a friend soon so would like some info as well...

Everyone is gonna tell you to go to Pat's or Geno's. But being a citizen of Philly all my life, I'd recommend Gooey Looie's or any Gaetano's. If you like cheez whiz then go to Pat's or Geno's.

damn all the way in cali and  i want one, can these be shipped? like in that one movie w/ salma hyek and she got them hot dogs sent from nyc to las vegas, seemed good.....help me philly i got the munchies

damn all the way in cali and  i want one, can these be shipped? like in that one movie w/ salma hyek and she got them hot dogs sent from nyc to las vegas, seemed good.....help me philly i got the munchies

Pats and Genos are for tourists. You won't see any locals there.....they know there are much better places.

Go to Jims Steaks
431 N 62nd St

Pats and Genos are for tourists. You won't see any locals there.....they know there are much better places.

Go to Jims Steaks
431 N 62nd St

tony luke's. i live in philadelphia and have eaten every cheesesteak in the city in my 25 years here.

that's my favorite. it's all relative.

tony luke's. i live in philadelphia and have eaten every cheesesteak in the city in my 25 years here.

that's my favorite. it's all relative.

http://www.visitphilly.com/articles/philadelphia/top-10-spots-for-authentic-philly-cheesesteaks/

- Ishkabble's
337 South Street
Philadelphia PA
(215) 923-4337

Ishkabibbles-Sign.jpg

Ishkabibbles-Bldg.jpg

Ishkabibbles-Menu.jpg

Ishkabibbles-ChickenCheeseSteakHoagie.jpg

Campo's

214 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
215=923-1000

Campos-Sign.jpg

Campos-Bldg.jpg

Campos-Grill.jpg

Jim's

4th & South Streets
Philadelph
(215) 928-1991

JS-Front.jpg

Jims-SteaksMenu.jpg

Jims-SteaksGrill.jpg

Jims-SteaksCounter.jpg

JOHN'S ROAST PORK
Wecceccoe & Snyder (South Philly)
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 463-1951

JohnsPork-Sign.jpg

JohnsPork-Grill-Tight.jpg

JohnsPork-CheeseSteak2.jpg

- Rick's

Broad & Walnut
http://www.rickssteaks.com/index.html

RicksSteaks-Sign.jpg

RicksSteaks-Grill.jpg

Ricks-Line.jpg

RicksSteaks-LicensePlate.jpg

RicksSteaksNeonSign.jpg

- Sonny's

Sonnys-Sign.jpg

Sonnys-Building.jpg

- Barclay Prime

barclay2.jpg

@*$#*'s

Chinks-Sign.jpg

Chinks-Bldg.jpg

Chinks-Grill.jpg

Chinks-CheeseSteak.jpg

- Tony Luke's

DSC_5329_2.jpg

tony-lukes.jpg

20080918_philly_cheesesteak.jpg

- For the full tourist experience

- Geno's
9th and Passyunk
Phila
800px-GenosSteaks.jpg
delphia, PA  (South)
(215) 389-0659

Genos-Bldg02-2.jpg

Geno-How2.jpg

Genos-Grill.jpg

- Pats

p217761-Philadelphia_PA-Pats_Steaks.jpg

Pats-Signs.jpg

Pats-HowOrder.jpg

Pats-WhizWith2-09.jpg

http://www.visitphilly.com/articles/philadelphia/top-10-spots-for-authentic-philly-cheesesteaks/

- Ishkabble's
337 South Street
Philadelphia PA
(215) 923-4337

Ishkabibbles-Sign.jpg

Ishkabibbles-Bldg.jpg

Ishkabibbles-Menu.jpg

Ishkabibbles-ChickenCheeseSteakHoagie.jpg

Campo's

214 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
215=923-1000

Campos-Sign.jpg

Campos-Bldg.jpg

Campos-Grill.jpg

Jim's

4th & South Streets
Philadelph
(215) 928-1991

JS-Front.jpg

Jims-SteaksMenu.jpg

Jims-SteaksGrill.jpg

Jims-SteaksCounter.jpg

JOHN'S ROAST PORK
Wecceccoe & Snyder (South Philly)
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 463-1951

JohnsPork-Sign.jpg

JohnsPork-Grill-Tight.jpg

JohnsPork-CheeseSteak2.jpg

- Rick's

Broad & Walnut
http://www.rickssteaks.com/index.html

RicksSteaks-Sign.jpg

RicksSteaks-Grill.jpg

Ricks-Line.jpg

RicksSteaks-LicensePlate.jpg

RicksSteaksNeonSign.jpg

- Sonny's

Sonnys-Sign.jpg

Sonnys-Building.jpg

- Barclay Prime

barclay2.jpg

@*$#*'s

Chinks-Sign.jpg

Chinks-Bldg.jpg

Chinks-Grill.jpg

Chinks-CheeseSteak.jpg

- Tony Luke's

DSC_5329_2.jpg

tony-lukes.jpg

20080918_philly_cheesesteak.jpg

- For the full tourist experience

- Geno's
9th and Passyunk
Phila
800px-GenosSteaks.jpg
delphia, PA  (South)
(215) 389-0659

Genos-Bldg02-2.jpg

Geno-How2.jpg

Genos-Grill.jpg

- Pats

p217761-Philadelphia_PA-Pats_Steaks.jpg

Pats-Signs.jpg

Pats-HowOrder.jpg

Pats-WhizWith2-09.jpg

I was just googling this 2 days ago too. Keep saying to myself one day I'll take a drive down there. Are any of these places open late (say past midnight) on fridays/saturdays?

I was just googling this 2 days ago too. Keep saying to myself one day I'll take a drive down there. Are any of these places open late (say past midnight) on fridays/saturdays?

Back
Top Bottom