Best Philly Cheesesteak in Philly?

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Can any NTers recommend me a spot? address/closest major intersection would be helpful as well, and if there are any good spots near independence square that would be helpful too. thanks in advance
pimp.gif

The term "Philly Cheesesteak" really irks the hell outta me.  Cheesesteak is just fine.

My favorite is Steves in North Philly.  That won't be anywhere near where you are though.

Avoid Pats and Genos garbage.  They're just tourist traps.  Jims on South St is also a tourist trap.  They just leave a giant pile of meat on the grill, so the sandwiches can be really dry.

Tony Lukes is really good, but it would be a cab ride from Independence Hall/Liberty Bell area.

Where you're at, I would suggest Campos or Sonnys which are both on Market St between 2nd and 3rd.

I work right across the street from the Liberty Bell.  If you'll be there on a weekday, let me know.  I'll meet up with you for lunch.

Don't be afraid to try the roast pork in Philly either.  It's the best in the country.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Can any NTers recommend me a spot? address/closest major intersection would be helpful as well, and if there are any good spots near independence square that would be helpful too. thanks in advance
pimp.gif

The term "Philly Cheesesteak" really irks the hell outta me.  Cheesesteak is just fine.

My favorite is Steves in North Philly.  That won't be anywhere near where you are though.

Avoid Pats and Genos garbage.  They're just tourist traps.  Jims on South St is also a tourist trap.  They just leave a giant pile of meat on the grill, so the sandwiches can be really dry.

Tony Lukes is really good, but it would be a cab ride from Independence Hall/Liberty Bell area.

Where you're at, I would suggest Campos or Sonnys which are both on Market St between 2nd and 3rd.

I work right across the street from the Liberty Bell.  If you'll be there on a weekday, let me know.  I'll meet up with you for lunch.

Don't be afraid to try the roast pork in Philly either.  It's the best in the country.

Originally Posted by zichardruniga

damn all the way in cali and  i want one, can these be shipped? like in that one movie w/ salma hyek and she got them hot dogs sent from nyc to las vegas, seemed good.....help me philly i got the munchies
Campos ships, but it is quite pricey.  We did it for my boy's birthday who lived in Colorado.

Originally Posted by zichardruniga

damn all the way in cali and  i want one, can these be shipped? like in that one movie w/ salma hyek and she got them hot dogs sent from nyc to las vegas, seemed good.....help me philly i got the munchies
Campos ships, but it is quite pricey.  We did it for my boy's birthday who lived in Colorado.

YO! I'm in Jersey right now for work conferences. I leave Monday from Philly and I NEED to try an authentic Philly cheesesteak before I takeoff. It's a must. I need to know where to go. I checked yelp already, and I'm not going to Pat's or Geno's cuz it seems like they've fallen off. I need the real deal, somewhere relatively close to the airport so I can grubb and head over to catch my flight. These places got pretty high reviews on Yelp but idk how close they are to the airport or how legit they really are: Cosmi's, Dalessandro's Steaks, Gooey Looie's, Sarcone's Deli, Tommy DiNic's, Max's Steaks, & Jim's Steaks. Let me know of the spots. My mouth is watering, damn, I can't wait. lol

I think bread matters as much as the meat in a cheesesteak, so please consider that too. lol

And which cheesesteak should I order that I would only be able to try out here and not in LA. I want that authentic Philly cheesesteak. Yeah, I'm real serious about this. lol

YO! I'm in Jersey right now for work conferences. I leave Monday from Philly and I NEED to try an authentic Philly cheesesteak before I takeoff. It's a must. I need to know where to go. I checked yelp already, and I'm not going to Pat's or Geno's cuz it seems like they've fallen off. I need the real deal, somewhere relatively close to the airport so I can grubb and head over to catch my flight. These places got pretty high reviews on Yelp but idk how close they are to the airport or how legit they really are: Cosmi's, Dalessandro's Steaks, Gooey Looie's, Sarcone's Deli, Tommy DiNic's, Max's Steaks, & Jim's Steaks. Let me know of the spots. My mouth is watering, damn, I can't wait. lol

I think bread matters as much as the meat in a cheesesteak, so please consider that too. lol

And which cheesesteak should I order that I would only be able to try out here and not in LA. I want that authentic Philly cheesesteak. Yeah, I'm real serious about this. lol

I was in philly 2 summers ago and i went to campo's
eek.gif
...yo i been feenin to go back ever since. 

I was in philly 2 summers ago and i went to campo's
eek.gif
...yo i been feenin to go back ever since. 

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

Never heard of Cosmis, Gooey Looies, and Maxs.  Sarcones is a deli, no cheesesteaks.  DiNic's is really known for their roast pork (which is awesome), but I don't even know if they have cheesesteaks.  Where are you coming from in Jersey?  Because I can maybe help you find a stop between where you are and the airport depending on the bridge you're coming over.

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

Never heard of Cosmis, Gooey Looies, and Maxs.  Sarcones is a deli, no cheesesteaks.  DiNic's is really known for their roast pork (which is awesome), but I don't even know if they have cheesesteaks.  Where are you coming from in Jersey?  Because I can maybe help you find a stop between where you are and the airport depending on the bridge you're coming over.

Never heard of Cosmis, Gooey Looies, and Maxs. Sarcones is a deli, no cheesesteaks. DiNic's is really known for their roast pork (which is awesome), but I don't even know if they have cheesesteaks. Where are you coming from in Jersey? Because I can maybe help you find a stop between where you are and the airport depending on the bridge you're coming over.

So I didn't end up going to any of the places I listed.
laugh.gif
I went to Tony Luke's and it lived up to my expectations and some!
happy.gif
Plus, it was only about 8 miles away from the airport. Everything worked out perfect
pimp.gif

Never heard of Cosmis, Gooey Looies, and Maxs. Sarcones is a deli, no cheesesteaks. DiNic's is really known for their roast pork (which is awesome), but I don't even know if they have cheesesteaks. Where are you coming from in Jersey? Because I can maybe help you find a stop between where you are and the airport depending on the bridge you're coming over.

So I didn't end up going to any of the places I listed.
laugh.gif
I went to Tony Luke's and it lived up to my expectations and some!
happy.gif
Plus, it was only about 8 miles away from the airport. Everything worked out perfect
pimp.gif

Down on South Street, Jim's is my go to. Ishkabibble's is still bangin if Jim's has a line, Pat's over Geno's and Dalessandro's if I'm out in Roxborough. At Tony Luke's I'm ordering roast pork, sharp prov and broccolli rabe no doubt.

Down on South Street, Jim's is my go to. Ishkabibble's is still bangin if Jim's has a line, Pat's over Geno's and Dalessandro's if I'm out in Roxborough. At Tony Luke's I'm ordering roast pork, sharp prov and broccolli rabe no doubt.

till this day i never had a cheesteak from philly...i gotta put that on my to-do list...

till this day i never had a cheesteak from philly...i gotta put that on my to-do list...

Head south of Philly, just south of the 322, and hit up Concord Pike Steak Shop.  The freaking best ever.  It's not like all the other places where it's more bread than meat!  Freaking meat falling out all over the place, and it's high quality, best I've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom