Best Produced album of the last...10 years (Hip-Hop)

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Yall sleep on Juelz Santana "From me 2 U"...
pimp.gif
Along the same lines as Diplomatic Immunity. If Cam/Dipset still had Heatmakerz and Charlamagne doing their stuff, they'd still be 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That CunningLynguists album is nice too. But that producer Kno's solo album 'Death Is Silent'...lyrically, I've never heard anything more boring in my life.

The beats are pretty nice on Take Care. The fluidity of the sounds from song to song creates a down mood. Which is why I dont have more than 3-4 songs from it on my Ipod. I dont mind Drake but downtempo music can get old.

I'm going to go with MBDTF as well. Not talking about the bars, the meanings, the verses, or any of that. But off of pure production value, I'm going to say it's the best produced Hip-Hop album of the past decade.

I didn't realize Take Care had a cohesive sound, which I think is a major factor when evaluating an album's production level. Maybe you can drop 6-7 songs and it would be different, but Drake didn't drop that album.

Plus having a song like "Practice" HAS to bring the production quality as a whole down some.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

That CunningLynguists album is nice too. But that producer Kno's solo album 'Death Is Silent'...lyrically, I've never heard anything more boring in my life.

I kinda agree. I don't get it, Kno has shown that he's a really good rapper throughout the 'Lynguists' discography. Everything about his rapping was just off on that album. His flow, his lyricism, everything. The whole theme of the album was dark, yet he was dropping cringe-worthy punchlines left and right like it was a bunch of songs that were suppose to be on a mixtape or something. It just didn't mesh with the album's production and concept at all.

I still thought the album was solid, but his rapping on most of the songs really set it back a bit.

Going to be in the MAJOR minority here....but this is my choice:

220px-Bubba_deliverance.jpg

Great production, great rhymes, incredibly underrated album.
pimp.gif

lovebelow.jpg

crazy this only got one other mention, thought it was crack from start to finish.
those little brother tapes are ill too.

So many to name... And I never heard or actually bothered to listen to most of the albums y'all are mentioning but I can assure you that...
KanYe: MBDTF = OK
KanYe: College Dropout, & Late Registration = FIRE
Q-Tip: The Renaissance, & Abstract = FIRE
Little Brother: The Listening, & Minstrel Show = FIRE
Madvillain: Madvillainy = FIRE
De La Soul: Grind Date = FIRE
Black Milk: Album Of The Year, Tronic, & Popular Demand = FIRE
Guilty Simpson: Ode To The Ghetto, & OJ Simpson = FIRE
Oh No: The Disrupt = Fire
J Dilla: Donuts, Welcome To Detroit, The Shining, & Ruff Draft = FIRE
Gangrene: Vodka & Ayahuaska, Odditorium, & Gutter Water = FIRE
Elzhi: Elmatic, Left Overs, & The Preface = Fire
Random Axe: Random Axe = HOT LAVA
Sean Price: Monkey Bars = Fire
Canibus: 2000 B.C. = FIRE
And the list goes on but I'm tired.... If y'all haven't heard ANY of these albums, I strongly suggest y'all take a listen quick!

Originally Posted by LexSteezo

Black Milk: Tronic, & Popular Demand = FIRE

Gangrene: Gutter Water = FIRE

And the list goes on but I'm tired.... If y'all haven't heard ANY of these albums, I strongly suggest y'all take a listen quick!
Love these mentions
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

takecare.jpg

seriously some of the greatest production I've ever heard for a hip hop album ever (any album at that) *No Stan*

even tracks before the album are incredible 

"dreams money can buy" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Free Spirit"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Club Paradise" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Trust Issues" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
no lie, this is what inspired me to make this thread. i started to put this instead of MBDTF. 
I dig the majority of the production on the album, but the 40 produced songs are incredibly simple and repetitive. He runs a sample through a filter, throws some weak drums in, and slows the track down . . . ++%! is mad annoyng.

Originally Posted by LexSteezo

So many to name... And I never heard or actually bothered to listen to most of the albums y'all are mentioning but I can assure you that...
KanYe: MBDTF = OK
KanYe: College Dropout, & Late Registration = FIRE
Q-Tip: The Renaissance, & Abstract = FIRE
Little Brother: The Listening, & Minstrel Show = FIRE
Madvillain: Madvillainy = FIRE
De La Soul: Grind Date = FIRE
Black Milk: Album Of The Year, Tronic, & Popular Demand = FIRE
Oh No: The Disrupt = Fire
J Dilla: Donuts, Welcome To Detroit, The Shining, & Ruff Draft = FIRE
Gangrene: Vodka & Ayahuaska, Odditorium, & Gutter Water = FIRE
Elzhi: Elmatic, Left Overs, & The Preface = Fire
Sean Price: Monkey Bars = Fire
Canibus: 2000 B.C. = FIRE

IM SURSPRISED U FORGOT CHAMPION SOUND

AND THAT NEW KILLER MIKE X EL-P

Back
Top Bottom