Best Running Shoes Review

Need some input on best performance and lightest running shoes out there. I guess Nike is okay too cause I'm trying to compare with all brands. I have apair of Saucony Tangent 3 and they weight only 9.4oz, Nike Zoom Victory + 9.6oz, Nike Everyday Free 9.7oz. Have anybody heard of this brand ZOOT? apparentlythey make running shoes only, and their shoe prices are topping Nike sticker prices.

ZOOT is a company that specializes in triathalon gear. There shoes are made for all terrains, and are always slip-on and have pull tight elastic laces. Theyalso make apparel and wetsuits. Their shoes are very light and drain water through the footbed. The lightest shoes that you are going to find are the Nike LunaRacers. Other lightweight shoes include the Saucony Fastwitch, Mizuno Precision and Asics DS Trainer.

Originally Posted by TunzoPhun

ZOOT is a company that specializes in triathalon gear. There shoes are made for all terrains, and are always slip-on and have pull tight elastic laces. They also make apparel and wetsuits. Their shoes are very light and drain water through the footbed. The lightest shoes that you are going to find are the Nike Luna Racers. Other lightweight shoes include the Saucony Fastwitch, Mizuno Precision and Asics DS Trainer.

Great synopsis. To the post starter, you listed some good current lightweight models. I personally don't think there is much to the upper of the LunarRacer but its light as hell. If you are doing low levels of running (1-4 miles, treadmill) you could get away with it. For any real performance running Iwould go with a more estanlished model runner.

Originally Posted by Bwood56

Brooks FTW bro.. so comfy, and those things are tanks, plus very good on heel, and arch support

THIS.

Get the Trance 8.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It really all depends on your foot type though and what type of running you'll be doing. Details?

i prefer asics...i wear the gel-nimbus 9's
pimp.gif

nimbus are neutral shoes so if u pronate id go for the kayano, which are also dope!

I just purchased the Nimbus X yesterday actually and they really aren't a bad shoe at all. Like dude above me said, they are neutral and if you need someserious motion control and stability we can go from there. I love helping people find the correct running shoes.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm officially a running shoe junkie.
laugh.gif

Last night I copped the Mizuno Wave Rider 11 and this morning FINALLY ordered my Trance 8's off 3pointfive.com for that discount.

Looking to get the Brooks Ghost and Glycerin within the next month.

Running shoes>>>>>>>>>>>>>all.

have any of you guys ran in new balance zips before? ive worn them around the store i work at to get the feel of them, but ive never ran in a pair

I actually enjoyed my zips when I had them, but that was before I knew the beauty that was Mizuno, Asics, and Brooks. Zip's aren't bad for casual wearat all, but I wouldn't recommend for running.

I'm really interested in seeing the Under Armour runner's coming out in January.

Been wearing the Zoom victory for the past month, but found out that they are really bad for my feet. I get scratched by the back of the shoes on my achillesalmost every single time I wear them...and found out that alot of ppl have the same problem with those shoes. I love the Tangent 3's by Saucony tho. As forthe Free Everyday, they are good training kicks not really for running...not enough sole support

The Mizuno Wave Rider 12 is pretty nice. The new Triumph by Saucony feels really good too.

I work at a specialty running store and we are now starting to get our updates in for the new year. Here are the following shoes that have received recentupdates:

Brooks
10942-775590-d.jpg

-Adrenaline 9 - nothing to drastic has been changed, same general fit with some overlay changes.
8521-775587-d.jpg

-Defyance 2 - same as the Adrenaline, except the medial post has been removed.
10942-775582-d.jpg

-Glycerin 7 - minor adjustment to softness in the midfoot, same general fit.

Mizuno
6627-797433-d.jpg

-Wave Rider 12 - A little more of a pronounced arch, and more structure in the toe box.
7769-797431-d.jpg

-Wave Creation 10 - Overlays taken off the toe box, softer cushioning in heel, very high arches.
7769-797417-d.jpg

-Wave Elixir 4 - Upper has been changed, but nothing structurally has been altered.
7769-797407-d.jpg

-Wave Nirvana 5 - Little bit softer and more support on the medial side. Still a little on the bulky side.

Asics
7768-787966-d.jpg

Kayano 15 - A little bit tighter fit in heel area, same cushioning and stability.
7768-787500-d.jpg

DS Trainer 14 - Overlay has been changed significantly, still runs half size small. Very mild stability and cushioning.
10757-788389-d.jpg

2140 - basically the same shoe as the 2130.

6588-m.jpg

Landreth 5 - Very socklike in fit, neutral version of the 2140.

These are all of the ones that I have tried so far, but I am sure there are more to come.

That's good news to know that a NT'er works at a specialty running store. I love going to them, but can't shell out the cash to buy shoes therewhen I can get them for hella cheaper. I wanna get the 2140's and WR12s. The WR isn't suitable for my foot type but damn thats a hot looking shoe inperson.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*Waits for Trance8 Colorup. The gold is decent looking enough for me to get to wear casually.

I posted this somewhere else when a user asked about running shoes.
If you're serious about it, get fitted.
Don't buy shoes because someone who hasn't seen you walk/run said they're good.
Neutral, rolling in, rolling out, high arches, wider forefoot, all sorts of things need to be taken into account.
Brooks shoes are what my team are swearing by at the moment generally, but saying that, i wear Mizuno wave creation 9 and some of the lads are in Keyanos.Those who are in Brooks are in Brooks Beast, Trance, Adrenalin and Glycerin's.
ALWAYS see multiple people and a podiatrist for correct fitting of runners for sports activities.
Saying that, cos i likes to have nice comfy shoes at work i wear Lunatrainers daily for work....the best.
pimp.gif

I just pick up a pair of the livestrong lunartrainers. I hope they fit good couldn't never find them anywhere to try on. I like the mizuno wave nexus andbrooks glycerin. These are my non nike running shoes.

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

I posted this somewhere else when a user asked about running shoes.
If you're serious about it, get fitted.
Don't buy shoes because someone who hasn't seen you walk/run said they're good.
Neutral, rolling in, rolling out, high arches, wider forefoot, all sorts of things need to be taken into account.
Brooks shoes are what my team are swearing by at the moment generally, but saying that, i wear Mizuno wave creation 9 and some of the lads are in Keyanos. Those who are in Brooks are in Brooks Beast, Trance, Adrenalin and Glycerin's.
ALWAYS see multiple people and a podiatrist for correct fitting of runners for sports activities.
Saying that, cos i likes to have nice comfy shoes at work i wear Lunatrainers daily for....the best.
pimp.gif
Super sound advice right there, and that applies to all shoes, basketball included but especially running.

People make purchases based on what group consensus is on forums, and that's so wrong. Most people post reviews or statements like "They'reawesome" or "So comfy". That doesn't really say anything, but it is reinforcing for others.

I'm currently in Asics Gel Nimbus VII's, which I picked up a long time ago obviously. But the damn things just won't die, it speaks so highly ofthe quality and durability of the shoes. The Gel is just sick, I think it's far superior to Nike Air in almost every aspect. I'm only a casualrunner, most of my exercise is from basketball, but I do enjoy a good run.

Thanks for posting the info. guys, I'll keep a lot of these models and brands in mind for my next purchase, when my Nimbus VII's finally quit on me.

I use to wear these all blue adidas with no laces. Ill post pics later but a really good running shoe.

Back
Top Bottom