Best Stand Up of all time?

I love stand up comedy.  It is probably one of my favorite art forms and ways of self expression.  I have a super huge appreciation for it because I was exposed to it at a very young age.  My dad used to let me watch stand up specials with him on HBO when I was very young, they are some of my earliest memories with him.  Who do you guys, and what sets or specials, do you think are the best of all time?

I love Dave Chapelle and I think Killin' Them Softly is my favorite stand up of all time.  Just the perfect mix of so many different styles of comedy, every joke delivered and worded perfectly, just an amazing comedy performance.  What do the NT'ers think?

Those are all great choices.  Also, Dana Carvey- Critic's Choice.  My friends and I used to quote this stand up endlessly.

I forgot his name but its some hispanic dude. There was a part that sticks out. He was with his girl at a party and the girl kept on saying

"You don't even know me!" 

and dude will talk like the girl.... "LET ME GO!" "Your looking for who?"

wish I had seen it sober to remember

Last edited:
I was exposed to comedy at an early age as well. Specifically latino. Ie latin kings of comedy and latino laugh festival .

Anyways killing them softly is definitely up there . Throw in george lopez why you crying ( yea I know alot of you hate him ) and daniel toshs completely serious.

Freddy Sotos stuff was funny to me as well because his dad is similar to mine.

this brought the real tears out..

Patrice-ONeal-Elephant-In-The-Room-2011-%E2%80%93-Hollywood-Movie-Watch-Online.jpg

that george lopez why you crying? is absolutely hilarious too..

especially if you can relate to the subject matter.

I saw Charlie Murphey live once and was very disappointed.  He is great in skits and stuff, but I didn't think his stand up was good at all.  Matter of opinion, though.

Also, Lavell Crawford at the Shaq All Star comedy show was some of the funniest **** ever. Dude literally had my hurting from laughing so hard.

I'm sure it's not the best EVER... but I enjoy Chappelle's Killin' Them Softly the most.

Kevin Hart seriously funny is up there. IDC man.

My favorite one though is from a few years ago...its from shaqs comedy thing. **** i gotta find it.

Off topic but Lousic CK most recent stand up on HBO was wack

Kat Williams - Pimp chronicles
Chapelle - Killing them softly
George carlin - anything especially the last ones
Lewis Black - Black on broadway

IMO, stand-up should be higher up in status as entertainment. They should definitely be above actors.

With that being said, there isn't a single best. For me it's always changing.

My favorite right now. Bill Burr - You People Are All The Same

Classics

Bernie Mac - Kings of Comedy

Ron White - Blue Collar Comedy Tour

All the ones already mentioned (minus Katt Williams)

Oh my god,that Lavell Crawford at the Shaq show was insane...  "BAHHAMMMMA"..  Wow, that was a star making performance.

Back
Top Bottom