Best State to live in?

What do most NYC dwellers do to be actually a part of the hussle and bussle? Sounds like people proclaim this attribute but most use it as a crutch to 'say' they live where things are going on and happening.

People in no town usa city suburbs could be a apart of 5 different groups or clubs and actually intertwined with hundreds of lives. But a NYCER who feels they have more at their disposal is better off?

Not buying the NYC argument.

Vibe is overrated unless you make it a a part of your life 24/7.

Crammed quarters. Most hear the city around them alive but are they alive themselves? I think most city environments could be looked at this way

Crammed quarters... Overrated most New Yorkers spend their day on the street working, getting things done or enjoying life no time to be home except for sleeping and having friends over every now and then. Homebodys in NY might as well move out. To answer your question 40,000 bars and restaurants in the city alone not the state to interact with others, 2,000 parks, 80 museums. You could just walk in NYC and be in a predominantly Asian neighborhood, walk 5 blocks and your in a Italian neighborhood, walk another 5 blocks and your in the l.e.s a Puerto Rican/Hispanic/hipster neighbor hood and that's just downtown Manhattan. All have different feels and moods to them different resturants language spoken in the streets as well. Not to mention NYC doesn't shut down. Literally find whatever your looking for open at any time of the day. Bars/clubs close at 4-5 am, 24 hr grocery stores and pharmacies, resturants do delivery till 3-4 am.... A few others. And despite its past reputation the city is safe as ever with 30,000 cops roaming the streets.

Last edited:
Any Hawaii NT heads? :nerd:

I've got fam out there, but I've never had the pleasure of visiting.

I would love to have a cushy situation set up there.

-Drew
born and raised here on oahu. i love living here and despite traveling outside of the country and around the states, my home is hawaii. the biggest downside is the cost of living here. real estate prices in honolulu are silly.

...most New Yorkers spend their day on the street working, getting things done or enjoying life no time to be home except for sleeping and having friends over every now and then. Homebodys in NY might as well move out.

What sense does this statement make guy? Gotta be an overstatement unless NYC is only full of people in their mid-20's and zero families. Traveling to NYC about 10 times in my lifetime, I see families all over and I would say most New Yorkers aren't hitting BUTTER on a weekly basis and getting faded.

KFOR-TV
13 mins · Edited ·
Tiger Safari in Tuttle has been hit by a tornado.
They house all kinds of exotic animals, and owners of the park have confirmed that some of the animals are on the loose.
Residents in the area are asked to stay inside.
If you see any animals, please call 911

Just had a tornado in OKC, just an ef2, damaged the Tiger Safari park and they now think some tigers are on the loose lol. Not new thread worthy, just thought it was funny (provided nobody gets hurt)

Last edited:
Tornados is enough for me to never consider the Midwest. Had one in my town back when I was in the 5th grade and that **** had me SHOOK ...

What sense does this statement make guy? Gotta be an overstatement unless NYC is only full of people in their mid-20's and zero families. Traveling to NYC about 10 times in my lifetime, I see families all over and I would say most New Yorkers aren't hitting BUTTER on a weekly basis and getting faded.
I am speaking for people my age (18-40) group can't speak for the older.
You sir are wrong bars and resturants are packed weekly. Even folks with families find time to go out to a movies or whatever they do. I live here in l.e.s/soho I see it all the time. City life>>>> suburbs imo.

Last edited:
They happen all the time. Beyond used to them, go outside to see them in fact the rarity they come (I live in Lawton so closer to the mountains so they weaken if they even make it this far). We have earthquakes damn near daily now too because of the oil fracking. But yea, Tiger Safari housed tigers, black and grizzly bears, aligators, kangaroos, burmese pythons, wolves, and parrots. This could get interesting.

Tuttle, OK and Moore get it the worst because of geography, it's the point in the US where the Gulf front, Southern front, Eastern coast front, west coast front, and Northern front all meet

But to be on topic, I love Dallas, Texas.

Last edited:
There's nothing like New York City in the world. Just so much going on at once its overwhelming. Something drastic would have to happen for me to consider leaving and staying in the U.S. but if I had to leave it would be to Chicago or New Orleans. Loved the vibe of both cities when I was there.

What do most NYC dwellers do to be actually a part of the hussle and bussle? Sounds like people proclaim this attribute but most use it as a crutch to 'say' they live where things are going on and happening.

People in no town usa city suburbs could be a apart of 5 different groups or clubs and actually intertwined with hundreds of lives. But a NYCER who feels they have more at their disposal is better off?

Not buying the NYC argument.

Vibe is overrated unless you make it a a part of your life 24/7.

Crammed quarters. Most hear the city around them alive but are they alive themselves? I think most city environments could be looked at this way

There's a huge number of people in the city that go to the city every day for work and such, then come home to the surrounding areas, like Westchester. If you live in Westchester, you get the pros of space, nature, and the relatively quick access to NYC.

City life is not for everybody and I definitely disagree with NYC being overrated. There's just a lot to do within one whole area. If you're more of the outdoorsman, then you could head upstate.

Any Hawaii NT heads? :nerd:

I've got fam out there, but I've never had the pleasure of visiting.

I would love to have a cushy situation set up there.

-Drew
born and raised here on oahu. i love living here and despite traveling outside of the country and around the states, my home is hawaii. the biggest downside is the cost of living here. real estate prices in honolulu are silly.

That's pretty dope, bro. I need to visit one time. Is the job market out there pretty rough in terms of the healthcare field?

-Drew

Last edited:
That's pretty dope, bro. I need to visit one time. Is the job market out there pretty rough in terms of the healthcare field?

-Drew
i have a few friends who are RNs that actually moved to the mainland because they had a difficult time finding full-time employment. lots of jobs working for insurance companies though. best way to get a feel for hawaii is to visit here and explore outside of normal tourist activities. i get the appeal of living in a big city though. if i were wealthy, i'd love to be in tokyo for a few months out of the year. new york is great too.

I feel like I'm getting priced out of NY but I can't see myself living anywhere else.

Right now I'm not bad but I want to be a home owner in the next few years. Anything decent is half a million minimum. Looking at Brooklyn and Queens.

Get that Harlem/ bk brownstone with that kinda money. That's what I'm aiming for (Harlem). Nothing too big 2-3 floors will do.

Last edited:
Try California bro, it is the best state hands down. That's right. We pay lots of taxes but there is opportunity out here to do whatever you want and so many different cities there is bound to be one that is to your liking. I am from LA but one of my favorite places is San Diego it is so damn clean and nice out there and very calm if you live outside of downtown area. If you are thinking about moving anywhere go visit first because I think it is such a big change that it might be hard to adjust right away and feel comfortable. Good luck. PS I ain't knocking NYC but to me it is like a whole nother world out there you guys go 0-100 waaaaaay too quick lol. New york isn't a city it's a way of life...

Try California bro, it is the best state hands down. That's right. We pay lots of taxes but there is opportunity out here to do whatever you want and so many different cities there is bound to be one that is to your liking. I am from LA but one of my favorite places is San Diego it is so damn clean and nice out there and very calm if you live outside of downtown area. If you are thinking about moving anywhere go visit first because I think it is such a big change that it might be hard to adjust right away and feel comfortable. Good luck. PS I ain't knocking NYC but to me it is like a whole nother world out there you guys go 0-100 waaaaaay too quick lol. New york isn't a city it's a way of life...

:smokin
Cali got it all. Bay to LA

:smokin
Cali got it all. Bay to LA

SD too :smokin

I hope to never leave LA again

Back
Top Bottom