Best State to live in?

honestly Raliegh and Charlotte is like the best kept secret living wise. Great job market, pay, affordable rent and housing, nice weather. Close to Atlanta and if needed go to NY. Tickets are reasonable prices. I'm so happy I made the decision to move from NY and go to NC. What I was paying in rent NY goes to my mortgage now

Last edited:
Really thinking about moving out of DC. I'm tired of this cold. Wife is from Trinidad and I'm thinking about moving there. I was on the beach on Christmas drinking carib. Came back to snow and cold. I got solar power skin, I need the sun.

Althought NC is also a great. I will explore it more this summer.

Yall keep selling me on Charlotte. What's the yambs situation like? Events and activities? Caribbean population?

So wait you don't rock with Raleigh?
It's a decent city, I would much rather be living in a more diverse city. Also Raleigh is a bit slow, more suburbs than anything. It seems like a good place to raise a family but I'm a young dude and nowhere near close to that point in my life lol. 

And we're supposedly getting 2-4 inches of snow and the city is already shutting down 
laugh.gif

It's a decent city, I would much rather be living in a more diverse city. Also Raleigh is a bit slow, more suburbs than anything. It seems like a good place to raise a family but I'm a young dude and nowhere near close to that point in my life lol. 

And we're supposedly getting 2-4 inches of snow and the city is already shutting down :lol:

Truth they shut down everything for the smallest amount of snow

Yall keep selling me on Charlotte. What's the yambs situation like? Events and activities? Caribbean population?

I live in raleigh and I'm in Charlotte a lot during football season for the Panthers games. So usually get there Saturday night and go out. My god the women there are high quality, bad with their crap together and no Hollywood nonsense with them. Can't do nothing but win when it comes to women in Charlotte and Raleigh.

I already have planned not to go in to work tomorrow. I love it.

And we're supposedly getting 2-4 inches of snow and the city is already shutting down :lol:

I can respect that and your right about the damn snow my house is on E so I had to go get some things from foodlion. Yo it's 1130 and it was flooded. :lol:

I love raleigh man. For a young man it's so many bad single women here it's crazy. I live downtown so on Thursday-Sunday night this area is flooded with buns.

Last edited:
I automatically disqualify cold places or places with a ton of rain. The sun is a top priority for me.
What I was faced with a few years back after leaving Bank of America before I decided to commit to Charlotte. I'm wayyyy too picky about being outside 12 months out of the year vs/ being stuck inside because i'm knee deep in snow. I would get Cabin Fever like madd.
The honey dips situation is Solid in my opinion because CLT is crazy diverse. And honestly, if you're a dude and you can't find a lady here, then you're doing it completely wrong in life.

Granted im in healthcare consulting now but I was in banking for 7 years with Wells & BofA. So i'm a little biased, but there is NOTHING like an attractive professional woman who is crazy intelligent, has a sick condo or townhome in or near the city, no baggage and isn't a straight up B. And it's like that all over Charlotte, trust me. These women have their kudos together and they are far from slack. Back when I was like 24/25 it made me step my career game up because I didn't wanna fall behind. Lucky enough I met one 2.5 years back and i'm about to wrap it up in a few weeks; ie: diamond ring on bended knee.

Probably the best description of CLT is in this video...

Last edited:
Is Charlotte really that dope or just trending right now? Dudes tried to tell us Birmingham was it last month but I haven't seen any mentions in this thread. :nerd:

Is Charlotte really that dope or just trending right now? Dudes tried to tell us Birmingham was it last month but I haven't seen any mentions in this thread. :nerd:

Uptown Charlotte is the city... people are sleeping on the Carolinas

This bruh, I moved from NY to NC and have not regret it since. Raliegh and Charlotte for the win. Plus there is Fayetteville but that place is a bit ratchet, but it seems women out populate men out there, atleast to me.

This bruh, I moved from NY to NC and have not regret it since. Raliegh and Charlotte for the win. Plus there is Fayetteville but that place is a bit ratchet, but it seems women out populate men out there, atleast to me.

I live in Greenville SC... it's my favorite place in the US.

Is Charlotte really that dope or just trending right now? Dudes tried to tell us Birmingham was it last month but I haven't seen any mentions in this thread. 
nerd.gif
I don't get it. Uptown has been dead on the weekends I've been in Charlotte. It doesn't appear to be a residential downtown/uptown…kindly like downtown ATL on the weekends. Dead. Maybe I'm trippin though….

I live in VA and my wife's aunt and uncle moved to NC a couple years ago. They are in Smithsfield and it is really nice out there and prices are good....especially compared to us in NoVA. My wife in the finance industry and I am in IT. I know NC has one of (if not the largest) banking industries in the US, so she should be able to find something and then I can go over RTP and get something there.

I have a couple friends that went to A&T and the stories that they tell me from the homecomings there
nthat.gif

I still like my VA living though
smokin.gif

Anybody ever lived or experienced Richmond Va? I have the opportunity to go to VCU this fall, as well as unc charlotte. Seems i've already got the charlotte pitch in this thread 
laugh.gif

Still hands down the best city in the world

Man ya'll live in Washington & doing it wrong.

So long as your porch/patio is covered you're good money. Rain creates such a nice ambiance. Get you one of them clay outdoor fireplaces & light up a nice joint, that's how you do it.

Just watch the rain while you puff.

If I ever moved out of Seattle (north gate) I said I'd move to SF, cause it's the same just more expensive. & I said if I ever moved to SoCal again it'd be SD. Daygo just nice fambz. I live in chino hills CA. 30 mins east of LA...smh

tbh, Cali is prob the best bet. As a state, it offers everything you could possibly want, snow, dessert, big cities, little towns, farmland, hippy living, suit and tie culture, country/redneck living, beach bum life, etc 

most diverse state in the country.

Cali has it all.
/thread

No state income tax in TX but our property taxes are high.

In the nice/desirable areas of Dallas-Ft.Worth you'll be paying 2.5-2.7%

Back
Top Bottom