Best Tasting Protein Powder?

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Yo lurkin, what do you think about Mass XXX?

i have used many products.................but honestly i can give no personal feedback on GNC brand products.

i heard the stuff is just protein and maltodextrin

I'd say anything from designer whey. Vanilla praline and chocolate are my favorites.

I googled best tasting protein powder over the summer and some genius said GNCs strawberry flavor. I bought a 5 pound tub on sale, only to find out that +!+*makes me gag every time i drink it. It made me hate strawberry milkshakes. I gave the tub away.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Protein powders do not have the same nutritional effects as 'real' food.
Even when it comes to protein, not all proteins are made the same.

These things are a complete waste of money. They do have uses but not for the average gym goer.
Whey protein is very hard to digest and most of it ends up in your toilet.

btw, pre workout protein is useless.
Complex carbs is all you need about an hour to 90 minutes before your workout.
A 2:1 ratio of whey protein isolate:different simple carbs (fructose, glucose, etc.) within roughly 30 minutes of a workout is beneficial formuscle growth. No way around it.

Whey protein ISOLTE has no lactose, thus it is not difficult to digest.

The rest is right though.

Oh yeah, I use this by the way:

optimum_pro_complex_new2.jpg

Been thinking about getting a protein powder that has casein/egg/other kinds of protein that take longer to digest, but I get a ton of that from real food so Idon't think I need it.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

These things are a complete waste of money. They do have uses but not for the average gym goer.

A 2:1 ratio of whey protein isolate:different simple carbs (fructose, glucose, etc.) within roughly 30 minutes of a workout is beneficial for muscle growth. No way around it.

Been thinking about getting a protein powder that has casein/egg/other kinds of protein that take longer to digest, but I get a ton of that from real food so I don't think I need it.
The things that people said about whole foods is absolutly true protein shakes/mrps are just used for convience. An if you want casein and youstomach it about it eat lowfat/fat free cottage cheese. If you dont like cottage cheese throw natural peanut butter in it and you should be good.

Originally Posted by JordanFeind

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

A 2:1 ratio of whey protein isolate:different simple carbs (fructose, glucose, etc.) within roughly 30 minutes of a workout is beneficial for muscle growth. No way around it.

Been thinking about getting a protein powder that has casein/egg/other kinds of protein that take longer to digest, but I get a ton of that from real food so I don't think I need it.
The things that people said about whole foods is absolutly true protein shakes/mrps are just used for convience. An if you want casein and you stomach it about it eat lowfat/fat free cottage cheese. If you dont like cottage cheese throw natural peanut butter in it and you should be good.
Yeah like I said before I get enough of those slower-acting proteins from my diet, so a supplement containing them would be pretty useless.

Back
Top Bottom