Best Walking Shoes

Originally Posted by lilhen18

Lunarglide, Lunareclipse, Vomero, even AM 2011 are all great options.

Stay away from the Free. Most people don't understand the intented purpose of the Free line.

I can't believe somebody recommended the AM 90.

could you explain your point about the Free?

I wear the Free Run's to work...on my feet 8+ hours walking 4+ miles and I have no soreness in my feet, knees or back.

I wear the Free Run's to work...on my feet 8+ hours walking 4+ miles and I have no soreness in my feet, knees or back.

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

Stay away from the Free. Most people don't understand the intented purpose of the Free line.

There is no point. In fact lilhen is the one who doesn't understand the shoe.

There are those who believe that free's should only ever be worn for training/running etc. citing that the shoe simply doesn't offer enough support for everyday wear because it's meant to mimic barefoot mechanics.

It's nonsense.

Millions of people wear chucks, flats, not athletic footwear, etc everyday of their lives that offer even less support and a wider range of foot motion than Frees.  While these types of shoes are not optimal in terms of what footwear can offer modern day,  there is very little chance that they directly cause any sort of injury.

Tons of people wear Free's all the time with no hindrance.  

Originally Posted by th3answ3r

There is no point. In fact lilhen is the one who doesn't understand the shoe.

There are those who believe that free's should only ever be worn for training/running etc. citing that the shoe simply doesn't offer enough support for everyday wear because it's meant to mimic barefoot mechanics.

It's nonsense.

Millions of people wear chucks, flats, not athletic footwear, etc everyday of their lives that offer even less support and a wider range of foot motion than Frees.  While these types of shoes are not optimal in terms of what footwear can offer modern day,  there is very little chance that they directly cause any sort of injury.

Tons of people wear Free's all the time with no hindrance.  

Nikes are good but if its for running or walking New Balance has to take my vote. Just any new balance shoe will give great comfort. They dont have the styling no where near nike does but this is just plain comfort 

I agree about New Balance as well. I've had good experiences with the 992 and 993. Also, some Montrail models have been good for walking for me.

Back
Top Bottom