Better Actor: Denzel Washington or Will Smith

Some people have been saying that will is more diverse & all that crap...

But for all that diversity what moovies has he done a GREAT job in... i honestly can't name one movie where will smith did a great job for his character...

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

Denzel got an oscar.

Will Smith doesnt not

sick.gif

What movies are y'all watching where Denzel plays the same role? Malcolm X is the same as Frank Lucas? Training Day? He Got Game? Inside Man? Seriously?

If anything, Will Smith has been playing the same roles; the lovable hero type. Once he steps outside of that box, this comparison can be made. Until then,respect Denzel.

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

I feel like Denzel Washington plays the same the role in each of his movies while Will Smith has played a variety of different roles. My vote goes to Will Smith.

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

I feel like Denzel Washington plays the same the role in each of his movies while Will Smith has played a variety of different roles. My vote goes to Will Smith.

indifferent.gif
when people say this ... maybe lately ... but really look how long this guy has been acting ... (denzel i mean) ...
Glory / Malcolm X alone > Will ... end of story ...
Philadelphia / The Great Debaters / Remember the Titans / The Hurricane ... i mean ... this guy is on another level ...
even the cop / gangsta roles are diverse (please tell me what was the same) ... Out of Time / Training Day / Man on Fire / Deja Vu / Inside Man / BoneCollector ...

so for will smith .. MIB 1/2 ... Bad Boys 1/2 ... I Robot ... if u really wanna stretch it ... he was a detective in all of those right ...
point is that they're both great ... but Will ain't seeing Denzel ...

Most of y'all keep forgetting the different roles Denzel has like Great Debaters, Glory, Remember the Titans, Philadelphia, Much Ado About Nothing, AntwoneFisher etc.

C`mon Denzel all day. I don`t even consider Will a good actor PERIOD. Denzel or Freeman/Cheadle would have made more sense...

Will Smith has another 10 or so years to go before this question can even be asked.

Denzel has covered a lot of ground with his acting. As far as Denzel playing the same character in every movie, no, I don't see it. If anything, Will Smithwas guilty of this early in his career. I felt like I was watching Fresh Prince in his earlier movies.

He has definitely stepped his game up though.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

@

anyone who mentions "versatility" as an argument for Will Smith. I cannot understand how anyone can take Will Smith seriously. He's a good actor,but whenever he does any kind of serious movie, all I see is the Fresh Prince.. Call me ignorant, but that's how I see him. The only time I am entertainedby Will Smith is when he's in comedies, or when he's in action movies spewing one-liners, like Independence Day and Bad Boys.

Will Smith is maaaad overrated, word to how every time the father episode of Fresh Prince on some sub-2nd class channel, someone makes a topic about it here asif it's one of the elite acting performances ever caught on film.

Back
Top Bottom